As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    How are the Blackwell games? I've got the Blackwell Deception but never played it, and it's apparently the third game in the series, so why would I want to start there? I can buy the other three games in the series individually for $1.47 and why am I even asking people on here about them at that price. Forget it. I just bought them.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    Woke up to a nice surprise as I found 3 pinball tables waiting for me from @Rikdaly showing that he is not only a master of pinball but also a master of class. Thank you very much for the tables, I'm going to hold off playing them until the charity stream so that I can try them blind for everyone to see.

bhif6Wo.jpg

I never watch or follow soccer but the Football Super League table has been my favorite table lately. Taking pinball and theming it to the point of having goals scored and actual timed halves is simply brilliant.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »
    that damn cardboard delusions got me with Kentucky Route 0 while I was at work. No fair!

Yeah, @iolo sent me something, but because certain sites are blocked at work I won't know what it is until probably 7pm PST tonight.

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Alright everyone, I thought we had discussed this. Leave me alone this sale and we'll pick things up in Thanksgiving.

Apparently, @Gear Girl has a slight literacy problem because I found this when looking through cards:

ij1FDkI.jpg

The game looks great and I'm happy I finally have a computer to run it properly. I don't play a ton of first person shooters, but everything I've heard about it is really interesting. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    For those people wanting Space Hulk DLC on sale, it's $3.49 at Humble Store right now. It's not an amazing discount but it's something.

CORRECTION: I didn't realize there was more than 1 DLC. It's only the Space Wolves chapter that is on sale

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    AH-HA! I can redeem it from my phone!

Thanks to @Iolo for Magical Diary!

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    @Shogun hit me with an unforgettable post apocalyptic trip to underground Moscow!
    Thank you very much for the complete pack of Metro Last Light! <3

7hNqS8m.gif

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    This trailer just sold me on shadow warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JufKhN3MmrA

Steam: offday
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I have a question for future purchases. Dead Island Riptide...does it fix some of the pain in the butt elements from the first game, like the weapons made of styofoam? I loved the tropical setting, such a nice change from the norm, but never got around to modding it for durability.

• AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

I really need to finish this game.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, @The Dude With Herpes‌ for the gift of Space Hulk. Of course, some would say it is your duty to spread the word of the Emperor, but I'll say thanks anyway, and try not to wipe the entirely of the Blood Angels first company in deadly combat with xeno filth.

Bigity on
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Fuck.

Well, I'm glad my cards are selling . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @PA Dallas‌ complains of boredom:

WCXoVyb.jpg

Guess who's not complaining?

<<< This guy, ;)

Seriously, thank you PA Dallas for this. I know the Burial at Sea DLCs were very well regarded add-ons to the main game. I look forward to hanging out with Noir Elizabeth (oh god is something horrible going to happen to her/by her?)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • LadyDustBunnyLadyDustBunny Registered User regular
    Was just laying down the 4 month old for a nap when I was suddenly gifted by @Elin ! Thanks for Torchlight 2!

steam_sig.png

Origin: DustBunny777
    3DS: 2836-0103-2102
    M1GZYUT.jpg
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Iolo wrote: »
    Another charity stretch goal reached!!!

ZB6N2fT.jpg

Alright, these are the relevant donators:

@jclast
    @TPSou
    @Madican
    @Bullhead
    @Anti-Sean -- WINNER!
    @The Brayster
    @Spoit
    @tuxkamen
    @shdwcaster
    @antoshka
    @HiT BiT

Geth Roll 1d11!

(@kaliyama, be sure to post your donation PROOF so we can get you tallied.)

kc0oVqa.png

sorry about the delay, @iolo - it turns out my credit card # was getting changed by BOFA b/c of some mass data breach, but BOFA doesn't actually reach out to you to let you know they're reissuing, they just put your card on notice for suspicious activity (i.e. steam, green man gaming, etc.) and mail you a new card withotu telling you. so trying to donate let me get all that figured out.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Was just laying down the 4 month old for a nap when I was suddenly gifted by @Elin ! Thanks for Torchlight 2!

Perfect game for you right now too. When my son was around that age I played a lot of Torchlight and Diablo. Baby in left arm, mouse in right hand.

Steam: offday
    edited June 2014
    also, i'll put in another matching donation if we can get small, first-time donors to start giving too. i'll match donations up to 25 donations at $20 each for people who haven't given before to encourage some of those people who buy at the steam stale but don't donate to put in some cash. let @iolo know and we will true up later.

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

@kaliyama‌ ... you're amazing.

heart2.pngheart2.pngheart2.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    How are the Blackwell games? I've got the Blackwell Deception but never played it, and it's apparently the third game in the series, so why would I want to start there? I can buy the other three games in the series individually for $1.47 and why am I even asking people on here about them at that price. Forget it. I just bought them.

They are pretty great. They definitely get better as the series go on, but the first one is still good. The sale they're on right now is really deep so if you're into point and click adventures now would be the time.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Hello plebeians. Please message me if you would like a free copy of FTL: Faster Than Light.*
    Game will be given based on personal favoritism followed closely by the first come first served rule.

*You may not already own it. You whore.

Bless your heart.

Perfect game for you right now too. When my son was around that age I played a lot of Torchlight and Diablo. Baby in left arm, mouse in right hand.

Ah! Good to know! I'm very much into one handed gaming right now, haha!

steam_sig.png

M1GZYUT.jpg
    What do people think of Age of Wonders 3? I have two friends who played it, and they had different opinions. Plus it's $20. But then it also includes the ability to label people heretics, so I am conflicted.

steam_sig.png
    Corsini wrote: »

They are pretty great. They definitely get better as the series go on, but the first one is still good. The sale they're on right now is really deep so if you're into point and click adventures now would be the time.

Noted. Gotta replenish the Steam wallet and grab up some of these point and click games!

steam_sig.png

M1GZYUT.jpg
    What do people think of Age of Wonders 3? I have two friends who played it, and they had different opinions. Plus it's $20. But then it also includes the ability to label people heretics, so I am conflicted.

if you like master of magic or civ you will like AOW3.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    @PA Dallas‌ complains of boredom:

WCXoVyb.jpg

Guess who's not complaining?

<<< This guy, ;)

Seriously, thank you PA Dallas for this. I know the Burial at Sea DLCs were very well regarded add-ons to the main game. I look forward to hanging out with Noir Elizabeth (oh god is something horrible going to happen to her/by her?)

Burial at Sea is fucking rad, and it put the tophat and monocle on the BioShock Infinite experience for me.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

Yeah, I've heard generally good things about the Blackwell series. I've been a fan of Wadjet Eye's other titles, like Gemini Rue and the Shivah, and $2.00 for the series bundle (Legacy, Unbound, Convergence, and Deception) is a goddamn steal.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Am I correct that there's no reason to buy the Bioshock Infinite DLCs separately? If I want both Burial at Sea episodes I should buy the Season Pass, correct?

Also I played the demo for Blackguards and enjoyed it. It has some pretty iffy reviews (68 on metacritic), but I think I'm going to pull the trigger unless someone has some real horror story to wave me off.

Edit: Should I play Van Helsing 1 first or can I jump right into 2?

Superdupe on
    steam_sig.png
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Apparently, I hit my max listing amount for the year.

I didn't even know there was one.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    It has dire penguins...DIRE PENGUINS. If you don't buy it i'm pretty sure you are literally a bad person

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    I love the people of this community.

Bam, two more stretch goals annihilated. @shdwcaster‌, get your kilt back from the dry cleaners. @The Brayster‌ you are on for the very popular online RPG for 6 people. I hope you will consider @kaliyama‌, who expressed interest way back on page 1, for a seat. Details in the next thread.

Aces. You all are fucking aces.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    It has dire penguins...DIRE PENGUINS. If you don't buy it i'm pretty sure you are literally a bad person

I can't argue with that.

steam_sig.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Oh cool. If you launch a UPlay game from Steam, then close the game but leave UPlay open, Steam still thinks you're "playing". Convenient for Card Idling!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Heads up for anyone who might be in the market for a gaming mouse:

The Razer Deathadder is on sale for $70 at Best Buy, which is an okay price, BUT it comes with a free $50 steam wallet card. That's 20 bucks for a really great mouse.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/deals/deals.jsp?ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-lJSLCHsysKcm3S0rMiB5Jw

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Apparently, I hit my max listing amount for the year.

I didn't even know there was one.

There isn't one, really. You just need to submit you tax info if you want to keep listing stuff since you're in the states.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    The first Blackwell game was a lot of fun, but it did suffer from the whole "moon logic" adventure game puzzle issue. One of the puzzles involves:
    Sneaking a diuretic pill into a dog biscuit, then giving it to a dog to make it have to pee, so you have an excuse to take it outside to a doggie park to relieve itself.
    My recommendation? Just use a guide.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    The first Blackwell game was a lot of fun, but it did suffer from the whole "moon logic" adventure game puzzle issue. One of the puzzles involves:
    Sneaking a diuretic pill into a dog biscuit, then giving it to a dog to make it have to pee, so you have an excuse to take it outside to a doggie park to relieve itself.

What, like you've never done that?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    As if all this charitable classicane swirling around wasn't enough, I get two pings back to back:

ObDV67Y.jpg

5BUhtJ2.jpg

Thanks so much, @Kami and @Antoshka! CCN appeals to my love of all things card. I didn't know you played MacGuffin's Curse as a werewolf. Shit, I've offended some people with my werewolfist rant earlier, didn't I? My apologies. I'm going to go look into setting up a charitable foundation for wayward werepups...

Thank you both very much! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Ack!

I've been hit!

Battle brother @Sir Carcass‌ you must continue to fight the Xeno that @DoctorArch has unleashed upon us.

Go with the will of the Emperor!

My face is my shield!

newSig.jpg
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Heads up for anyone who might be in the market for a gaming mouse:

The Razer Deathadder is on sale for $70 at Best Buy, which is an okay price, BUT it comes with a free $50 steam wallet card. That's 20 bucks for a really great mouse.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/deals/deals.jsp?ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-lJSLCHsysKcm3S0rMiB5Jw

Heads up, opinions and all, but I would never give Razer another dime based on their terrible drivers and even worse support department.

I've probably told the story before, but if you're interested:
    Many years ago, bought a Razer mouse. Found that the drivers didn't work with WinXP Fast User Switching, and at the time my wife and I shared a PC. This meant that randomly only one of us could use the mouse's scroll wheel. After weeks working with the support department (during which time they told me that it had never been tested with Fast User Switching before), they refused to open a bug to update the software, so I elected to return it, as I'd purchased it directly from the website. It took another two weeks of calls to get an RMA number out of them, and then another call a week after they'd marked the package as received to inquire about the refund.

Rather than credit it back to my card, they send me the refund via PayPal, who took 5% off of it as a processing fee. I once again contacted them to complain about the lack of professionalism, and they apologized and hinted they'd send me something to make it up to me (even though I didn't want anything but to say my piece and never buy from them again.)

Two weeks later, I got a free mouse of the same model that I returned (thus, same driver problem), only this one obviously used/refurbed, and with a broken scrollwheel on it. I think it's still sitting in a box collecting dust somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.