As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    @Shogun hit me with an unforgettable post apocalyptic trip to underground Moscow!
    Thank you very much for the complete pack of Metro Last Light! <3

7hNqS8m.gif

man that image made me think i was crazy.

steam_sig.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Heads up for anyone who might be in the market for a gaming mouse:

The Razer Deathadder is on sale for $70 at Best Buy, which is an okay price, BUT it comes with a free $50 steam wallet card. That's 20 bucks for a really great mouse.

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/deals/deals.jsp?ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-lJSLCHsysKcm3S0rMiB5Jw

Heads up, opinions and all, but I would never give Razer another dime based on their terrible drivers and even worse support department.

I've probably told the story before, but if you're interested:
    Many years ago, bought a Razer mouse. Found that the drivers didn't work with WinXP Fast User Switching, and at the time my wife and I shared a PC. This meant that randomly only one of us could use the mouse's scroll wheel. After weeks working with the support department (during which time they told me that it had never been tested with Fast User Switching before), they refused to open a bug to update the software, so I elected to return it, as I'd purchased it directly from the website. It took another two weeks of calls to get an RMA number out of them, and then another call a week after they'd marked the package as received to inquire about the refund.

Rather than credit it back to my card, they send me the refund via PayPal, who took 5% off of it as a processing fee. I once again contacted them to complain about the lack of professionalism, and they apologized and hinted they'd send me something to make it up to me (even though I didn't want anything but to say my piece and never buy from them again.)

Two weeks later, I got a free mouse of the same model that I returned (thus, same driver problem), only this one obviously used/refurbed, and with a broken scrollwheel on it. I think it's still sitting in a box collecting dust somewhere.

No man, that makes perfect sense!

You see, when they sent you the mouse without a working wheel, if you complained about it again they could just flag it as "Working as intended" in their system! :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    SPACE HULK get!

Sold a few cards so I'd have enough, and now I think I am well and truly tapped out of this sale. Might squeak by with another cheapy later if I sell some more cards, but for now: stay classy, thread. You folks are fucking crazy, amazing, and crazy-amazing!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Risk of Rain?

4 assault drones, a flamethrower drone, a laser drone, a medic drone, 3 dice at 3, two critheal scythes, 2 instakill scopes, and a fuckton of other shit. I nearly crashed the game during the final boss fight. Contagion on every. single. hitbox (achievement: 25+ enemies at once!). All hitboxes on caustic floors. Massive drone fire at all times. The sounds were reduced to a buzz and thankfully that ended fast because it was kind of insane.

I also unlocked two characters and two more items that run. So crazy.
    How are you doing this because I can only get to level 3 if I'm lucky. :(

Engineer (easy to unlock - cumulative 25 drone purchases across all plays) was the first I beat it with. The entire kit is so perfect for running away while still smashing stuff. Mines. Turrets. Homing rockets you can keep moving while firing (if jumping... and you can jump while firing them!). The grenade primary fire I mainly used to mop shit up.

Acrid (harder unlock, have to find and beat) was what I used that run. Primary is a slash/bleed, didn't use much. Second ability is a stun with short range, didn't use a ton. Third and fourth skills are the trick of it. Third makes you run faster and pour acid on the ground. Lure enemies over, they suffer. Stun them, they suffer more. Fourth is a long range shot that applies a dot. This dot then fires homing copies to nearby enemies. And so on until everything nearby is infected. So basically, run away with acid trail, turn and shoot infection, stun and run until cooldowns are up.

But above all? Do not stand and fight when you activate the teleporter. That's stupid. Keep running and gunning until the 90 seconds are up, then turn around and methodically vaporize everything. Spend money and move on. Actually, you get so much xp/cash from it I'll happily hit the teleporter before buying anything... the time savings and no enemies when I spend afterwards are nice.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Apparently, I hit my max listing amount for the year.

I didn't even know there was one.

There isn't one, really. You just need to submit you tax info if you want to keep listing stuff since you're in the states.

I feel odd, but I'm considering giving Steam their desired information for that . . .

Newell might have my soul in his clutches.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Holy shit, DoctorArch! Make sure to free up a month or two. lol

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Aw crap. Prepaid visa i got as a rebate has jacked my access to Steam Market. It was a $5 card, I bought $5 in wallet funds, and now when Steam goes to verify it by charging $.01 to the card, it gets declined, and I'm completely locked out of the market til Saturday.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    The first Blackwell game was a lot of fun, but it did suffer from the whole "moon logic" adventure game puzzle issue. One of the puzzles involves:
    Sneaking a diuretic pill into a dog biscuit, then giving it to a dog to make it have to pee, so you have an excuse to take it outside to a doggie park to relieve itself.

What, like you've never done that?

Only after crafting a fake mustache from cat hair and syrup. Can't have anyone identifying me afterward.

steam_sig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Wait - what is "They Breathe"? Is it really a frog related oxygen game?

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

A scary frog related oxygen game.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

I didn't find it scary at all. Weird, yes. Scary, no.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    The first Blackwell game was a lot of fun, but it did suffer from the whole "moon logic" adventure game puzzle issue. One of the puzzles involves:
    Sneaking a diuretic pill into a dog biscuit, then giving it to a dog to make it have to pee, so you have an excuse to take it outside to a doggie park to relieve itself.

What, like you've never done that?

Only after crafting a fake mustache from cat hair and syrup. Can't have anyone identifying me afterward.

When you're done with that, can I borrow it? I need something to plug up the drain so I can get this babelfish in my ear.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Maybe not scary, but unsettling.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I have a question for future purchases. Dead Island Riptide...does it fix some of the pain in the butt elements from the first game, like the weapons made of styofoam? I loved the tropical setting, such a nice change from the norm, but never got around to modding it for durability.

It's pretty much more of the same. The only real improvement I remember is that quests are less annoying this time around.

cckerberos.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    Woke up to a nice surprise as I found 3 pinball tables waiting for me from @Rikdaly showing that he is not only a master of pinball but also a master of class. Thank you very much for the tables, I'm going to hold off playing them until the charity stream so that I can try them blind for everyone to see.

bhif6Wo.jpg

I never watch or follow soccer but the Football Super League table has been my favorite table lately. Taking pinball and theming it to the point of having goals scored and actual timed halves is simply brilliant.

same here, I haven't watched football since I was a kid but the pinball table just works really well, I love that if you chain together combos it reduces the defense and makes scoring a goal easier. I haven't played that table for a while but I can't see myself beating my score any time soon

I hope you enjoy the tables @Jeix‌

I just had a friend over and we played a couple of hours hotseat, it's amazing how bad I get when there is somebody else in the room, I don't think I got a score higher than 15 million

steam_sig.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Maybe not scary, but unsettling.
    Hey, how you doin'?
    undergarden_char_pink.png

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Looking at the free games won list. Someone got a Steam Greenlight Submission Fee for free.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Wow, are we close to a new thready already?

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wow, are we close to a new thready already?

Sale.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    These sales have been kind of lacking. Waiting on that Transistor sale still so I can grab that. Meanwhile this Wii game called Dokapon Kingdom has been distracting me from my backlog as the story mode is apparently taking my friends and I forever to finish.

I picked up Kentucky Route Zero cause I saw it was on sale from my phone when I woke up, went to take a shower, and sat down to a gift from @Shogun. Who wants me to go spy. Thanks for Splinter Cell:Blacklist!

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Looking at the free games won list. Someone got a Steam Greenlight Submission Fee for free.

For some reason I'm really glad that Transistor is so high on the list.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Hearing all this They Breath talk after I bought it:
    IZwIK8A.jpg

If you play Deus Ex:HR:DC, murder everything on easy on your first playthrough, then switch it to hard on your second play throughand go pacifist like I did. Once you've played it as Ghandi on hard mode, nothing else comes close.

Why does pacifist have a fist in it?

If Mount and Blade Warband comes up again, here's my first thread ever, which was about the game.

RoyceSraphim on
  • LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular

There isn't one, really. You just need to submit you tax info if you want to keep listing stuff since you're in the states.

I feel odd, but I'm considering giving Steam their desired information for that . . .

Just be aware that technically you're supposed to report this stuff as taxable income. I'm not saying to evade taxes, but if you make less than $600 Valve does not have to submit your personal information to the IRS. If you do somehow make $600 or more, Valve is legally responsible to report that to the IRS, and they will catch you if you don't pay taxes on that amount. Additionally since it's self employment, you will be required to pay social security even if you make less overall than the standardized deduction. Normally your employer pays part of social security and the rest is deducted based on your wages. If you are self employed, you get to pay both.

steam_sig.png
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Lowlander wrote: »

Just be aware that technically you're supposed to report this stuff as taxable income. I'm not saying to evade taxes, but if you make less than $600 Valve does not have to submit your personal information to the IRS. If you do somehow make $600 or more, Valve is legally responsible to report that to the IRS, and they will catch you if you don't pay taxes on that amount. Additionally since it's self employment, you will be required to pay social security even if you make less overall than the standardized deduction. Normally your employer pays part of social security and the rest is deducted based on your wages. If you are self employed, you get to pay both.

Not if you are Canadian!

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
    7hNqS8m.gif
    man that image made me think i was crazy.
    ko79AcD.gif

• LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »

Not if you are Canadian!

You're quite right. Do they even ask for your tax information if your not residing in the US though?

steam_sig.png
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

My sister, who is in her thirties, is terrified of frogs. Which of course means all the kids in the family run to her with any frogs they find :p

Dirtyboy on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    @Kristmas Kthulhu‌ just randomly gifted me space hulk, thanks!

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    MAKE IT STAHP!!!

Mj9g23t.png

Let me guess: you never asked for this?

edited June 2014
    In case you are still on the fence about grabbing Saint Row IV:
    Saint Row IV National Treasure Edition will arrive next July 8.
    Will include all the 29 DLC for $29.99.

14fm9yajdc6t.jpg

Right now is cheaper if you buy all the content at its current sale price through the ultimate pack instead of waiting for that edition.

HiT BiT on
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Aaaaah. Another day of the sale, another day where I don't care about it. I mean, a few of them are things I'd like to get eventually, but, meh. I don't care enough.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Hearing all this They Breath talk after I bought it:
    IZwIK8A.jpg

If you play Deus Ex:HR:DC, murder everything on easy on your first playthrough, then switch it to hard on your second play throughand go pacifist like I did. Once you've played it as Ghandi on hard mode, nothing else comes close.

Why does pacifist have a fist in it?

If Mount and Blade Warband comes up again, here's my first thread ever, which was about the game.

Oddities of linguistics. Its root word is pacific, like the ocean, and coming from the Latin word pacificus, a combination of the words for "peace" and "making".

the -ist ending makes it a noun instead of an adjective, and ironically gives it a pugnacious sound to it in the process. ;)

Less inclined . . .

Though I doubt I'd amass $600 on occasional card sales.

• MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

14fm9yajdc6t.jpg

I'm not on the fence about it, other reasons keep it from being in my cart, but wouldn't this package mean you should wait if you want everything?

DLC and base game on Steam is 19.79 - 1.74 - 1.74 - .24 (dupes of the Season Pass) + 9.99 = 26.06 for the next half day.

So that's 26.06 for the game plus 25 DLC packs on steam...

I'm not sure where the other 4 DLC come from, but it's pretty damn close either way.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

14fm9yajdc6t.jpg

So right now is cheaper if you grab all the content at its current sale price.

Grrrrr...

So I could get that Saints Row: The everything pack for $18 and be done with the sale, but on the other hand Assetto Corsa could be $20.

Then again I still haven't gotten a wheel, which will likely happen by year end, and I could get *that* in Winter Sale.

Why does this thread does this to me? :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I think I'm done with the sale for now. Winter sale will coincide with my 30th birthday so I'm saving my money for that. :D

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    Marikir wrote: »

14fm9yajdc6t.jpg

I'm not on the fence about it, other reasons keep it from being in my cart, but wouldn't this package mean you should wait if you want everything?

DLC and base game on Steam is 19.79 - 1.74 - 1.74 - .24 (dupes of the Season Pass) + 9.99 = 26.06 for the next half day.

So that's 26.06 for the game plus 25 DLC packs on steam...

I'm not sure where the other 4 DLC come from, but it's pretty damn close either way.

18ish buck for it and 3 and 2 with all their bits as well, I think?

• MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, better to just get the Franchise pack if you want it all. 18.74 vs 29.99, even if you already have 2 and 3.

Of course, this means that the National Treasure Edition will probably be in a sale at some point for 50% - 75% off.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
    Marikir wrote: »
    Oh yeah, better to just get the Franchise pack if you want it all. 18.74 vs 29.99, even if you already have 2 and 3.

Of course, this means that the National Treasure Edition will probably be in a sale at some point for 50% - 75% off.

Yeah, to me it's a reason to wait and see if the franchise pack goes down further in price. I mean, according to my calculations, I've beaten about 20 out of nearly 200 games. It's not like I can't wait until it's cheaper. ;)

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    @DoctorArch‌ Oh hey, you have Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm now.

Lemme tell you how me, an MG32 and you are going to be best friends.

Because seriously I will play that game with friends at the drop of a hat.

This discussion has been closed.