As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes on NBC

• JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    [spoiler:3e00c633be]ok, but if it turns out that she actually is in a morgue and it's just a really stupid morgue, I'm just gonna be like man that was dumb.[/spoiler:3e00c633be]

Also, you guys are noticing the symbol thing right?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Also

[spoiler:ff155fa0ec]Any idea who that girl was right after Claire and QB boy went off? Looked a lot like Claire. And yes I've noticed the f symbol all over the place both this and last episode. Guess it's some sort of thing connecting all of the Heroes together or somthing.[/spoiler:ff155fa0ec]

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Dude.

[spoiler:79a6f04706]He shot that guy like six times. And then he flew away.[/spoiler:79a6f04706]

[spoiler:79a6f04706]Didn't you hear the bullets drop? Syler stopped them from hitting him[/spoiler:79a6f04706]

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Oh, and [spoiler:8395e55cca]good job with punching the brother in the face. That guy is a douche.[/spoiler:8395e55cca]

Garlic Bread on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Oh, and [spoiler:a26cb4aed8]good job with punching the brother in the face. That guy is a douche.[/spoiler:a26cb4aed8]

[spoiler:a26cb4aed8] "So.....you get it right?"

"Uhhh...yeah?"

"Good man :^: "
    [/spoiler:a26cb4aed8]

Great line, or, greatest line?

Oh, and about the episode.

[spoiler:a26cb4aed8] Yeah, kind of some bad acting going on, I kinda glazed over those. However, the last few minutes is where this show sings. Looks like our regeneration girl is pretty much Wolvie on crack. You can kill her if you behead her, but, leav the head anywhere close to the body, and she'll just come back...creepy. And now I want to see psycho mom's other half in action.[/spoiler:a26cb4aed8]

Also, reguarding the ending, how close are we getting for shit to be an acceptable word? I vaugley remember a string of "that Bi-!!" moment's before bitch was acceptable. Now we have 2 Volkswagon commercials, a comcast commercial, and this episode, along with quite a few other's using "Oh Shi-".

Honestley, I hope it would be sooner rather then later. There's nothing wrong with "shit", it's basically saying poop, or feces. "Fuck", I can understand, since it's relating to somthing a child shouldn't understand at a young age, but there is no good reason for the censorship of "shit".

Anywho, tangent :p

Transporter on
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Heroes has a lot of potential to be great, but it dumbs itself down to the level of The OC.
    Here's hoping that they throw a bit more money into this, and stop treating the audience like retards.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    actually, i think it was ruled recently that Fuck is not technically "obscene" unless you are referring to the sexual act. Like "damn, i could fuck her!"=bad "Fucking Hell!!!"=not as bad

But i could be mistaken.

I don't even know if you could cut claire's head off and kill her, she might just grow a new body. Also, that girl right behind her and QB McDaterape is the girl he keeps ignoring to talk to claire.

I'm not following how this show is dumbed down.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    [spoiler:95632f43f5]ok, but if it turns out that she actually is in a morgue and it's just a really stupid morgue, I'm just gonna be like man that was dumb.[/spoiler:95632f43f5]

Yeah, I've noticed it throughout so far

[spoiler:95632f43f5] It's on the Professors book, it was on the Cheerleaders Geometry book, and that black dudes necklace..haven't noticed it anywhere else yet though...[/spoiler:95632f43f5]

also...

[spoiler:95632f43f5]anyone else find the professors friend to be a little too convenient? (the neighbor girl?) Considering the professor was freaked out and "eccentric" that someone was watching him and trying to steal his work, I kinda doubt that he would share all his theories over a bowl of macaroni. She keeps pushing Moshinder, and helping him find these clues so he can finish his fathers work...I dunno. I have a feeling she's in on it[/spoiler:95632f43f5]

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    [spoiler:36263cd5f7]ok, but if it turns out that she actually is in a morgue and it's just a really stupid morgue, I'm just gonna be like man that was dumb.[/spoiler:36263cd5f7]

Yeah, I've noticed it throughout so far

[spoiler:36263cd5f7] It's on the Professors book, it was on the Cheerleaders Geometry book, and that black dudes necklace..haven't noticed it anywhere else yet though...[/spoiler:36263cd5f7]

Dude, it's totally
    [spoiler:36263cd5f7]in the glyphs that scroll by whenever the "program" is shown[/spoiler:36263cd5f7]

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • vinhjvinhj Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    It was also

[spoiler:9b351f31f7] in the artist's room when Hiro visited the future. It was on one of his paintings and his blood trail made the same design (which was incredibly stupid, unless Sylar has some weird fascination and did it himself).[/spoiler:9b351f31f7]

vinhj on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    [spoiler:86372bacd2]ok, but if it turns out that she actually is in a morgue and it's just a really stupid morgue, I'm just gonna be like man that was dumb.[/spoiler:86372bacd2]

It was kinda subtle in the 2nd episode, but in the 3rd they're just smacking you around with it, so yea, I think we notice.

It doesn't even make sense on the textbook. Why would she be doodling it?

[spoiler:86372bacd2]Unless she's been experimented on in the past and only subconciously remembers it[/spoiler:86372bacd2]

Scooter on
    edited October 2006
    [spoiler:312c919a3e]anyone else find the professors friend to be a little too convenient? (the neighbor girl?) Considering the professor was freaked out and "eccentric" that someone was watching him and trying to steal his work, I kinda doubt that he would share all his theories over a bowl of macaroni. She keeps pushing Moshinder, and helping him find these clues so he can finish his fathers work...I dunno. I have a feeling she's in on it[/spoiler:312c919a3e]

[spoiler:312c919a3e]When Hiro finds the dead artist guy, the gun sitting next to him looks like the gun she had when she saved Mohinder from the "exterminator."[/spoiler:312c919a3e]

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I saw the pilot and the third EP. I've been watching Vanished for the past few weeks, its a re-run for the next three weeks. Heroes has got 3 episodes to hook me in. So far its pretty damn neat.

I dunno about the cliches. I mean, "Hooker with a heart of gold"? 1. not a hooker. 2. [spoiler:48c2048fb6]she killed two people in the most brutal way,[/spoiler:48c2048fb6] tarnished gold at best.

I really like the cop, i know i've seen him somewhere before, just can't place my finger on it.

As far as Hiro goes, [spoiler:48c2048fb6]he keeps talking about how he wants to change the future, yet he is using the comic book to do exactly as it says. All his actions are shown in the comic book. He should try and do something thats not in it, to see if he can really change it[/spoiler:48c2048fb6]

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    guys this is sorta like rising stars

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Nogs wrote:
    I dunno about the cliches. I mean, "Hooker with a heart of gold"?
    I was annoyed by this as well. I guess anyone who works in the sex industry on television has to be a total scumbag or else they're "cliched". Plus, she really hasn't shown any "heart of gold" aspects other than caring for her child. A really silly label to stick her with.
    Nogs wrote:
    I really like the cop, i know i've seen him somewhere before, just can't place my finger on it.
    He was in Alias.

CyberJackal on
    edited October 2006
    How shoe?

Man, Rising Stars was so good. How come the recent stuff has all sucked?

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    How shoe?

the painter guy reminds me of poet. and the basic overall plot (people suddenly discover they have superpowers and do not know why) reminds me of it.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    honestly if anyone doesn't notice the smybols i want to smack them

it's all over the damn place

sometimes more than 3 times in one scene

Carl with a K on
    edited October 2006

Yeah, I figured you'd have to be pretty stupid to not be noticing them. I just hadn't seen anyone mention them and well...this is the internet...

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

Yeah, I figured you'd have to be pretty stupid to not be noticing them. I just hadn't seen anyone mention them and well...this is the internet...

Normally hidden symbols are supposed to mean something. But now it's been shown so many places any meaning it could have has been lost.

Scooter on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    How shoe?

the painter guy reminds me of poet. and the basic overall plot (people suddenly discover they have superpowers and do not know why) reminds me of it.
    Other than having long hair, I don't see this at all. These characters don't seem anything like The Specials either, since their hook was that they were all born at the same time in the same place. Every super in Rising Stars knew each other, not in some weird contrived way, but because they grew up together, and that had a lot of payoff as the series progressed.

If this Sylar is killing other supers off to increase his/her own powers, then that plot element is ripped off from Rising Stars, but we don't even know that yet.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited October 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

Normally hidden symbols are supposed to mean something. But now it's been shown so many places any meaning it could have has been lost.

I think it's turned the show into a bizarre "Where's Waldo" game for me and Fram.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited October 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    How shoe?

Other than having long hair, I don't see this at all. These characters don't seem anything like The Specials either, since their hook was that they were all born at the same time in the same place. Every super in Rising Stars knew each other, not in some weird contrived way, but because they grew up together, and that had a lot of payoff as the series progressed.

If this Sylar is killing other supers off to increase his/her own powers, then that plot element is ripped off from Rising Stars, but we don't even know that yet.

I didn't say it was exactly the same, it just draws parallels for me

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited October 2006
    So, I think the little boy will be pretty important. We already know he's super-smart, right?

bobgorila on

Anally.
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I couple of my friends from work deduced that the symbol was something as simple as a

[spoiler:a45f9019b8]Double Helix[/spoiler:a45f9019b8]

Gigaton on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006

which is itself totally not ripped off of highlander

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited October 2006
    In the big scheme of things, everyone rips off Highlander.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    Nogs wrote:
    I was annoyed by this as well. I guess anyone who works in the sex industry on television has to be a total scumbag or else they're "cliched". Plus, she really hasn't shown any "heart of gold" aspects other than caring for her child. A really silly label to stick her with.
    Nogs wrote:
    He was in Alias.

He was also the pilot on Lost.

DJ Eebs on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

All roads lead to highlander in the end.

Dex Dynamo on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Dex Dynamo wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

All roads lead to highlander in the end.

it got an award for like...greatest film in history.

delphinus on
    edited October 2006
    my problem with Highlander is that it is so terribly bad but it's entertaining but if you think about it, man does it suck

Garlic Bread on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    my problem with Highlander is that it is so terribly bad but it's entertaining but if you think about it, man does it suck

Fuck you and die.

"I am immortal. I have inside me BLOOD OF KINGS!"

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:

Fuck you and die.

CyberJackal on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:

I'll give you the sequels, but you leave the original alone. It seems to me like people are just looking for reasons to hate this show, and when they can't come up with good ones, they just make shit up.

Shoe, i noticed the same thing about Rising Stars. I can't help but think about it while watching this show.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Why the hell is the.....

[spoiler:fdb2a29c5e]telepathic cop able to walk around as a free man. The blonde (fbi agent?) has experienced some crazy shit.
    - a telepath
    - a telekenetic
    - a bullet proof man (or bullet stopping)
    - a man who can fly

And the cop is the one connection she has to the maddness.[/spoiler:fdb2a29c5e]

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Nogs wrote:
    Nogs wrote:
    He was in Alias.

He was also the pilot on Lost.
    He was Scott Speedman's roommate on Felicity, which is where he's gotten the most face-time. I think he's basically in everything JJ Abrams does. And also now Heroes.

Conditional_Axe on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I didn't notice any symbols. Screw you guys.

I can't wait for the speedster to show up.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:

I think it's turned the show into a bizarre "Where's Waldo" game for me and Fram.
    haha smybols

Carl with a K on
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:

I'll give you the sequels, but you leave the original alone.

I said it was entertaining. That doesn't change the fact that Christopher Lambert is a terrible actor and god damn is that movie just silly.

Garlic Bread on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I'll give you the sequels, but you leave the original alone.

I said it was entertaining. That doesn't change the fact that Christopher Lambert is a terrible actor and god damn is that movie just silly.

HERE

WE ARE

WE'RE THE PRINCES OF THE UNIVERSE

Mai-Kero on