As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Infractions Moved From Profile

I wasn't sure if this was intended or not, but I just noticed that the "Infraction" link that used to be in your profile is gone now. I don't know if this was changed intentionally so we couldn't see other people's infractions or whatever, but it would be nice to be able to check how many points you still had, even if you couldn't see other people's.

I didn't see a thread that addressed this, sorry if it already has been.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    This actually wasn't an intentional change, it was part of moving our infractions to an updated system. I'll see if there's an easy fix for it, but it might not be possible.

Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

edited June 2014
    Looks like this is a no without customising the plugin. Sorry chaps. I actually don't know that this will have any effect on forum culture, but I get that it's nice to be able to see that stuff. So this is a maybe change at some point maybe sort of maybe but no ETA might never happen.

Edit: actually not being able to see your own may be a bug. Will update.

Tube on

• ASimPersonASimPerson And they will tremble again at the sound of our silence.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I can't see my own either.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's neat to see other people's in a gossipy way, but I don't care if that's gone. It's just nice to be able to see how many points you have or when your jail time is up.

PonyJaysonFour
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I think it's important to see others' infractions so people can sate their curiosity about someone being jailed/banned without infecting threads with open wondering about what happened or causing people to start PMing mods about it. If it's not returning to public profiles then I'd expect the infraction/banning sticky thread(s) to become more active than they are now to counteract that.

RingoPonyGaslightCambiataKnight_GoatmonElvenshaeCaulk Bite 6SemotusSlacker71Turkey
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I think it's important to see others' infractions so people can sate their curiosity about someone being jailed/banned without infecting threads with open wondering about what happened or causing people to start PMing mods about it. If it's not returning to public profiles then I'd expect the infraction/banning sticky thread(s) to become more active than they are now to counteract that.

yeah that'd definitely be a thing

with infractions being viewable by anybody, "omg why are you jailed" was a question nobody ever needed to ask because it would take you less time to just check yourself

the infraction/banning thread would accomplish the same thing

GaslightDarkPrimusGoatmonElvenshae
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I generally found it was useful in a 'figuring out what is and isn't acceptable behaviour' kind of way at times.

Sure, stumbling across actual infractions is one way, but sometimes I'd see a regular that had gotten themselves into trouble and took a quick look at what happened.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    CambiataRoyceSraphimtapeslingerJaysonFourGoatmonElvenshaeCaulk Bite 6Turkey
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    You guys just need something to talk about until this Fall when good TV shows return.

Looks like this was a bug and should be fixed soon

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This is now resolved. You can view your own warnings.

RoyceSraphimZilla360LanglyASimPersonJaysonFourDonovan PuppyfuckerElvenshaeDisruptedCapitalistPhoenix-D
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    thank you!

just as a note you can also see the new "moderation" link on other people's profile, you just get a "you need to be a moderator" page if you click it. not a problem at all, just wanted to let you know.