As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] Sale is here. Everyone is a winner.

19495969798100»

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Hey is Spacebase DF9 worth it yet?

Eh I just talked myself out of it. It's a good year and change from real-actual-official release and I assume with the bugs ironed it will be even cooler.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ... is a gentleman and a scholar.

if anybody has a spare 3, i can make a badge!

As a matter of fact, I do. Friend'ed

friended back! many thanks

Sending an offer now. Any plans for that spare Wispmother?

All yours!

Thank you very much!

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »
    man, at 2.99 tropico 4 is really tempting. it looks like a really nice sim city

I've got a freebie copy from buying trop 5, can send me your nick if you want

I'm voting for the animation set stuff because I've done some virtual world work for, well, work, and actually played around with the substance designer stuff a bit already.

my steam account is http://steamcommunity.com/id/thatdangronnie

add me and we can be friends forever!

Ronnie you've made a big mistake today mark my words

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »
    man, at 2.99 tropico 4 is really tempting. it looks like a really nice sim city

I've got a freebie copy from buying trop 5, can send me your nick if you want

I'm voting for the animation set stuff because I've done some virtual world work for, well, work, and actually played around with the substance designer stuff a bit already.

my steam account is http://steamcommunity.com/id/thatdangronnie

add me and we can be friends forever!

Ronnie you've made a big mistake today mark my words

i call the days I make big mistakes 'weekdays'!

and 'weekends'!

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I have a 7 and a 10 card up for grabs if anyone wants em.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aw yis

qXRYjIq.jpg

Thank you once again, Sugoi Spirit!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I've got spares of: 1, 2, 3, 4, 9

I need a: 6, 8, 10.

Supposedly this link will work to send me a trade offer, or my profile is linked in my sig.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hey is Spacebase DF9 worth it yet?

Eh I just talked myself out of it. It's a good year and change from real-actual-official release and I assume with the bugs ironed it will be even cooler.

When I played it awhile back it was very good but pretty basic with not a lot of stuff in the game yet. Everything I saw was well polished though and I ran into no bugs (not to say there aren't any, I just didn't find them). It's gotten several updates since then though so it's probably even better with more stuff to do. I will say that it will be a pretty great game and I really enjoyed what I played of it. It reminded me of Dwarf Fortress and Gnomoria but in a sci-fi setting and with a goofy and charming humor.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Anyone have awesomenauts cards 7 through 11 that they aren't going to use?

• Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular
    Steam thread, I have accumulated Summer Cards 5(2), 6, 7, and 10 that I'd like to give away.

Anyone is welcome to them.

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    waaaaaait Steam thread don't go!

if a person were to, say, livestream a first run of Skyrim on twitch, what software is recommended by you folks?

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    xsplit is pretty standard

• Options
    OBS (open Broadcaster software)

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    waaaaaait Steam thread don't go!

if a person were to, say, livestream a first run of Skyrim on twitch, what software is recommended by you folks?

Open Broadcasting Software

It's free, open-source and the best/second-best broadcasting program on the market

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    when I messed with streaming I used SCFH DSF and adobe flash media encoder, but I'm not expert

• Options
    It's also way easier to setup than Xplit I think and doesn't bug you to pay for it.

• Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    It's also way easier to setup than Xplit I think and doesn't bug you to pay for it.

and in my experience, xsplit is a huge resource hog

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    so after buying like a hundred games during this sale I was like "man what should I play," so I fired up a game I bought like 6 months ago in a Humble Bundle I forgot about

Antichamber is pretty rad

Yep, it's my favorite "first person chambered puzzle game" or whatever you want to call it. Besides the portal series, of course.

EDIT: If you're hungry for more after that, Q.U.B.E. Directors' Cut and Magrunner: Dark Pulse aren't bad. (QUBE is really short, and Magrunner's physics makes some of the puzzles harder to solve than they should be, but I enjoyed them both.)

Quantum Conundrum and the Ball are two more; but I didn't care for them (The Ball was just boring and unappealing to me and Quantum Conundrum probably has the best dialog outside of Portal, but the puzzles were often as much about precision (with controls that aren't very precise) as they were about thinking)

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    speaking of huge resource hogs,

I hope kerbal space program gets some optimization updates

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I have extra #2 and #6! I need a #1.

Darric on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    HAVE: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

don't need any

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    @SCREECH OF THE FARG: I will take all those pesky cards off your hands.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    too late i made the badge already

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Big M LangsteinBig M Langstein I NEED FIVE! Registered User regular
    Yo, @Darric is a fucking amazing person. Fact.

Thanks again, man.

fBK2q4C.png
  • Options
    How does QUBE compare to Antichamber? Because I really, really liked Antichamber.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Darric wrote: »
    How does QUBE compare to Antichamber? Because I really, really liked Antichamber.

The puzzles aren't nearly as clever (you can brute force them with trial and error if you want) and it's way shorter. The Director's cut added in dialog (and some new puzzles) that actually gave it kind of a unique story that plays against your expectations, as well as the players knowledge of tropes of these kinds of games.

...Holy fuck, it's only 1.50 right now? It's TOTALLY worth it at that price. Damn!

It's $5 right now, I was seeing a special discount because I own the non-director's cut.

EDIT: Quantum Conundrum is 2.25 (or 2.50 if you want the DLC and soundtrack too), Magrunner isn't on sale, so it's $10, and the Ball is $5, which I wouldn't recommend at that price when you could get QUBE and Quantum Conundrum together for cheaper.

EDIT2: The Swapper deserves an honorable mention, and I'd put it above everything except Portal/Portal 2 and Antichamber. Shame it's sale price is $7.50 now. I'd still say it's worth it though.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The Swapper is magnificent, but I wasn't a huge fan of Quantum Conundrum.

I guess I bought QUBE for $5 before I saw your post ... Where's it available for $1.50? :/

Darric on
  • Options
    Speaking of first person puzzlers, Fract OSC is something I really want to try some time.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Speaking of first person puzzlers, Fract OSC is something I really want to try some time.

It's pretty great. I highly recommend it!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The Swapper is magnificent, but I wasn't a huge fan of Quantum Conundrum.

I guess I bought QUBE for $5 before I saw your post ... Where's it available for $1.50? :/

It says $1.50 on the page, but I just realize it's still probably on discount for me because of hte whole Director's Cut debacle. I'll amend my post.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    yeah I beat The Swapper, it was pretty solid

Quantum Conundrum I've put some time into but I keep losing interest, I really didn't enjoy the humor at all, feels like they were trying too hard

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
This discussion has been closed.