As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

USB stick error on PC after using it with Xbox 360

el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
I hope the thread title is descriptive enough!
I used a 16GB memory stick with an xbox 360 yesterday, as storage. I plugged it into my PC just now, and it doesn't seem to work anymore - I see it in, it's been assigned a drive letter, but when I try to open or format it (via explorer or computer -> manage -> storage -> disk management, I get the error message that there is no disk inserted

I'm panicking a little because I really need that flash drive to work tomorrow morning :S

e: when I plug it in, it shows up with the correct size in the explorer for a moment, then the progress bar thingy at the top of the window fills up and the above happens

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

el_vicio on

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I can't really help you with your question, but Dog totem is the bomb

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    I can't really help you with your question, but Dog totem is the bomb
    I know right?!

Anyway, most pc-based solutions I found didn't work, but apparently you can reformat the flash drive on the 360? I might be able to try that tonight (note: I do not own a 360)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    If you can't format it from a computer, that seems bad. I know like the Wii U can format a USB drive, but I would still be able to format it again from a computer if I wanted to.

• Options
    I had access to the xbox earlier, the drive was properly recognized, size and all - I removed all the 360 stuff from it (whatever that means), but it's still the same when I plug it into a PC - it's recognized for a moment, then the "device removed" sound plays, it gets re-recognized with unknown size etc.
    Superweird!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Download an image of gparted, it should be able to do the job.

http://gparted.org/download.php

B6yM5w2.gif