As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] Daniel Bryan chokes out criminal, tells cops he has till FIVE!

PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks.Registered User regular
edited July 2014 in Social Entropy++
Z0aZXta.png

Good evening and welcome to the most enlightened wrestling thread in the history of this forum. SILENCE! I know some of you have come to expect me to engage you with an elaborate and articulate introduction to the world of wrestling by yours truly. However...

KVaiPzw.png

...I've deduced that you half-witted simpletons are more appreciative of and entertained by low effort drivel consisting of a series of pictures depicting pointless novelty.

EhFPCET.png

Be quiet. I'm not finished! It has also come to my attention that many of you sub-par ignoramuses are far more likely to clap your Cheeto dust stained forearms together if I simply list your names one at time.

eSoe9ms.png

Top 25 Intellectuals and Imbeciles
1 David_T 145
2 Nirya 144
3 Assuran 143
4 The highly magnanimous PwnanObrien 141
5 SanderJK 140
5 The Betman 140
7 MyNameIsWalrus 139
8 411Randle 137
8 The Geebs That Got Bigtimed 137
10 CSStheGr8 135
10 Radius 135
12 Schide 134
13 Balefuego 128
13 Big M Langstein 128
13 Goose! 128
16 Nothing 125
17 Evil Badman 122
17 Reynolds 122
17 Bloodsheed 122
20 Wirehead26 121
21 zllehs 118
22 Dex Dynamo 117
23 Dogbone33 116
24 Azraith 112
24 Psychotic One 112
Complete Eminence Here

I suppose I should further disgrace this position by using it to shamelessly promote recorded broadcasts hosted by locals. Speaking of your past ineptitude and lack of taste let's all partake in thuggish celebrations until the end.

00hSeV2.png

After all, to quote a wise old philosopher, "Life sucks...and then you die."

wTk6qfn.png

You're welcome.

Mwx884o.jpg
PwnanObrien on

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Somebody was prepared!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Man, at this point why do we need Punk back?

You've got a great Reigns/Authority rivalry.

You've got a Divas division hopefully on it's way to a really stalwart stable.

You've got a hilarious and exciting Ambrose/Rollins rivalry and on the midcard Big E/Rusev could be easily picking up steam, and Fandango/Ziggler could be fun.

You have Lesnar lurking on the horizon and at some point you have Bryan and Barrett coming back.

I really do love watching Punk wrestle, but at this point they don't seem to be stalling at all.

Oh yeah, we can also add an inevitable Wyatt/Y2J feud, which is more of a hype generator than they'll ever need.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    CM PUNK

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I can't help but notice you don't mention me, Your SE++ Wrestling Thread Pick'ems Champion!

I'm gonna use this post to promote myself. I'm a pick'ems killer, and by that, I mean that I take dudes out. I took all of you out, I grabbed my titles, I walked out of Money in the Bank as your new SE++ Champion. And I can't wait to see which one of you nerds wins next month at Battleground, so I can know who exactly I get to crush at Summerslam.

See you there, dorks. B)

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    CM Punk is never wrestling again.

edited July 2014
    Renee/Ambrose segment...

Is this a dream?

EDIT: Emma accidentally showed up in the background. This has to be a fever dream. Renee barely not laughing is too much.

stevemarks44 on
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    CM Punk is never wrestling again.

http://itsawork.libsyn.com/

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping when Seth finally cashes in the briefcase that Dean pulls a Kane and just does a street fighter Shiroken through the ring mat into Seth's balls as soon as the bell rings leaving the ref no choice but to declare it a DQ. Like every match where Seth gets an opportunity, Dean just comes out in weirder and more unpredictable locations to screw over Seth.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Wrestling with existential dread maybe.

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    AJ is back so you know what that means.

Weeks and months of CM Punk is coming back reports!

Atone for your sins!

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Alright, with my reservations clearly and plainly laid out, it's time for optimism.

AJ is great in the ring and good on the mic (when she's not... no, no, optimism, don't be a broken record), and this feud should be really good, and with these two in place, and Naomi on the verge of breaking out in singles, and the Bellas visibly caring in the ring, and Nattie tearing it up when she's on TV, and with the oncoming NXT talent (sasha banks, the boss ain't just a nickname, y'all), and BAYLEY, the Divas division is on the verge of a transformation

and multiple segments on TV in a week/on a PPV!

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Alright, with my reservations clearly and plainly laid out, it's time for optimism.

AJ is great in the ring and good on the mic (when she's not... no, no, optimism, don't be a broken record), and this feud should be really good, and with these two in place, and Naomi on the verge of breaking out in singles, and the Bellas visibly caring in the ring, and Nattie tearing it up when she's on TV, and with the oncoming NXT talent (sasha banks, the boss ain't just a nickname, y'all), and BAYLEY, the Divas division is on the verge of a transformation

and multiple segments on TV in a week/on a PPV!

I want to say the exasparated look that AJ and Paige shared when the crowd was chanting CM Punk was delightful.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Jericho and AJ Lee are back

wrestling you're ok

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

You've got a hilarious and exciting Ambrose/Rollins rivalry and on the midcard Big E/Rusev could be easily picking up steam, and Fandango/Ziggler could be fun.

You have Lesnar lurking on the horizon and at some point you have Bryan and Barrett coming back.

I really do love watching Punk wrestle, but at this point they don't seem to be stalling at all.

Oh yeah, we can also add an inevitable Wyatt/Y2J feud, which is more of a hype generator than they'll ever need.

I'm not saying we need Punk back. The show is fucking loaded with great talent.

I an saying, however, he would be a welcome addition, and I don't get why it's cool to hate him now. Is it just because the crowds chant his name? Are we really that shallow?

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Not really. He'd muddle things a lot more, and then when Bryan comes back it'll muddle even further. Maybe some other time,.

AJ is going to get Punk chants every week, and it's going to piss me off every week

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda hoping D-Bry takes a long time to get healthy and also get fit. I'm not talking jacked fit. But just trim up and more definition. This way come Rumble time. His music hits and he just hits the ring like he was fired out of a cannon and just cleans the house. In fact...they should slowly just stop mentioning him on TV when it gets closer to his return just so his comeback is a complete OMG surprise.

Personally.

I don't mind at all.

I'm not saying we need Punk back. The show is fucking loaded with great talent.

I an saying, however, he would be a welcome addition, and I don't get why it's cool to hate him now. Is it just because the crowds chant his name? Are we really that shallow?

Oh of course, as a fan I'm totally excited to see a stacked roster stacked even further.

I'm more addressing the "AJ being an olive branch" or the Punk holding out idea, that I don't really know if the WWE as an entertainment business really NEEDS him back at this point.

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    punk won't come back because KENTA is going to show everyone how garbage punk's g2s was

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    punk won't come back because KENTA is going to show everyone how garbage punk's g2s was

They better let him use the GTS because Bryan is using both his finishers now.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just saw the clip of Paige's match. Not sure if spoilers, but DAAAAAAMN did Paige's opponent look good. That tan reminds me of her old look, pre 18 seconds, when she looked like she should have been selling me suntan lotion.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    The WWE should allow a wrestler that just does everyone's signature moves. Let Kenta just use anything he wants. GTS, Flying Knee, Crossface, STF and anything else he can make look good. Sell him as the most versatile wrestler in the WWE. He can take any move you throw at him and he just throws it right back into your face.

Cade wrote: »
    Personally.

I don't mind at all.

It takes someone who's worked hard on their own and reduces them to an accessory for someone else

Which is shitty when it happens to anyone, but in this case, it overwrites her tremendous accomplishments in doing so

She's not "AJ Lee, longest-reigning Divas champion of all time," she's "that thing what belongs to CM Punk now," and it's gross

AJ Lee is an incredible competitor in her own right, and like Dex said, we should not be yelling CM Punk at her.

We should be celebrating how fucking great she is at her job.

I'm pretty sure that whatever WWE does with Kenta people will be unhappy

Goose! wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that whatever WWE does with Kenta people will be unhappy

Well, if he eventually ends up like Yoshi Tatsu then most will be unhappy.

AJ worked pretty tirelessly for 300+ days, plus the time beforehand in her feud with Kaitlyn (miss you girl), to elevate a division that largely doesn't receive a whole lot of time or attention

Like, even if at times I felt like she was working solely to invest people in the "AJ Lee Division" rather than the Divas division, I recognize how badass it is that she accomplished what she did, and GOT people talking, and GOT people paying attention, and I want the crowd to cheer (or boo, depending on if she's being a villain) the heck out of her for doing so

Not chant the name of her husband because he's hanging out at home

the HHH/Reigns staredown must mean their match is gonna happen at Battlegrounds

also that Raw was fucking amazing

best one in forever

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    the only time that it is acceptable to chant a wrestlers spouse's name at that wrestler is chanting "nattie's husband" at tyson kidd

if Barrett being out leads to IC Champ Sandow then I think I'll be okay

Xehalus wrote: »
    the HHH/Reigns staredown must mean their match is gonna happen at Battlegrounds

Except that Reigns is already booked in the title match.

Rumors are they're holding off his match with Hunter till NoC.

oh that's right fuck

Personally.

I don't mind at all.

It takes someone who's worked hard on their own and reduces them to an accessory for someone else

Which is shitty when it happens to anyone, but in this case, it overwrites her tremendous accomplishments in doing so

She's not "AJ Lee, longest-reigning Divas champion of all time," she's "that thing what belongs to CM Punk now," and it's gross

See, thats your perspective.

Mine?

They want to see you know....CM PUNK.

The fans liked him, everyone knows she's associated with him. Seeing her they hope to see him too.

Because you know, they want to see him.

aww man, AJ being back made me sad that Kaitlyn ISN'T back, and that made me sad on a much broader level for all the women who left for pretty much the same reason, because once you gain and lose the Divas title, there's not much else for you to do except "wait around for years until you maybe get another shot"

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Also, I saw some house show footage where they were pairing Ziggler with random Divas, first Emma, then Summer Rae. Ziggy and Summer Rae do this tandem ass shake and hair flip on the ramp that is pretty cool. Then they do Degeneration X poses while in the ring, and people have already started referring to them as DegenRAEtion Z.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Well there you have it Big E lovers... Swagger in one night got not only got bigger chants for himself over the last 2 months over what Big E ever got but he was also booked stronger than Big E ever was vs Rusev....The future is not bright for Mr E I'm afraid...

I'm kind of surprised at the hate for the swagger baby face turn... OK he was a racist heel... so just make him stop saying racist stuff and he is a great American baby face.

And another thing Swagger hate is all fine and Dandy and i love and am going to miss BNB as much as anyone around here but that shoulder injury is not on swagger. It was just an accident.

zllehs on
    Personally.

I don't mind at all.

See, thats your perspective.

Mine?

They want to see you know....CM PUNK.

The fans liked him, everyone knows she's associated with him. Seeing her they hope to see him too.

Because you know, they want to see him.

CM punk left the company

don't make it AJ's problem

This discussion has been closed.