As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Castrate All Nazis: This Time in Afrika [Sniper Elite V3]

• Options
    BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    Me too - coop is much better.

I just finished the single player campaign last night, so I'm interested in some multi - do we need a Steam group for the purposes of matchmaking?

I doubt it would HURT.

steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'm totally up for multi for this game if I'm ever on when you guys are. I finally did a couple of campaign levels yesterday, but I keep going back to playing multiplayer instead of finishing the campaign.

Trying to find new sniping spots rather than the obvious ones has been an interesting experience in multi. The really nice thing about the map layouts is that there isn't any one truly foolproof sniping point; you're vulnerable everywhere. Mines can only cover your back for so long. Catching someone in a "good" spot with an unexpected head shot from some odd spot? Priceless.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I've created a Steam Group for us: The Penny Arcade Sack Snipers. Stole the userpic from the OP, hope you don't mind @DocShifty. :D

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Haha, everybody loves that picture. I prefer the one with the running Nazi being brought to a dead stop myself, but whatever.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Patch is out now.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    The patch today fixed the stuttering for me, completely smooth on ultra now.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    fantastic news!

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    The patch today fixed the stuttering for me, completely smooth on ultra now.

Likewise.

• Options
    Didn't notice it before, but the patch added 2 new multiplayer maps. I've had a chance to try out Black Market so far. Gonna have to learn the flow of it, but again, lot of spots to snipe from and several buildings that people seem to like to congregate to.

Searching for games in multi works a lot better now, it'll bring up listings as it searches. Before, you'd have to wait for the search to complete before you'd see any games. Now if I can only find a decent latency game....

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Picked this up on a whim and finished it today. It's stupid amounts of fun. The enemy AI and spawning are bullshit, but I had a blast. Gotta give this another replay or two.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    darqnessdarqness KCMORegistered User regular
    Loving this game so far, however one experience in particular bothers me. I was playing the Museum Island level, and after you destroy the bridge, you're supposed to turn back around the way that you came, and exit the building through a hole in the wall. Before going through the hole I spotted a sniper on the corner of a large building on my right. In the hopes of extending the distance between him and myself for the longest shot possible, I went back to the perch that I had just come from. When I got there I turned around and looked at the building only to find the fucker disappeared. I went back to the hole in the wall and sure enough he was still there, I just wasn't supposed to be able to see or shoot him from the perch. It doesn't ruin the game at all for me, it just seems really LAME.

• Options
    Wait til you meet the amazing teleporting elite Russian sniper team.

Got to run the other new multiplayer map finally. Its a variant on the stage where you're defending the scientist dude. Not bad, a big square with buildings on 3 sides providing lots of sniping points and multiple floors. Overall decent map additions, and good to know they're updating/patching this game.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    If I can be forgiven for beating a dead horse, I'm going to call consolitis. Lack of RAM in consoles means you can only load in smaller chunks of a level at a time, means you can't have large areas or load in enemies for areas you're not already in.

It feels really ridiculous when I get in a big shootout in a street in Berlin, then walk to the end of the street and there are a bunch of soldiers 50m away doing nothing. They didn't hear all that gunfire before? Of course not, they only just appeared.

The dude who teleports to the top of the crane is the most ridiculous, of course.

• Options
    Crane guy is certainly one of the biggest points to highlight it. I can deal with guy in window pop-up, but the crane guy just takes the cake.

• Options
    ResonanceSDResonanceSD SydneyRegistered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Looks like Australia gets to wait until the 4th too. Which I didn't realise until after buying it, downloading it, and trying to play. :(

Grumblegrumble staged releases grumblegrumble.

The list of things we have to put up with as Aussie gamers just got

*sunglasses*

Longer.

YEEAHH.

OT: Wasn't the 'kill hitler' thing a massive part of the pre-release marketing?

i7 2600k, SLI GTX 580, 8GB RAM, 5760x1080 =D

Come at me bro.
  • Options
    I hate that one guy that pops up on the metal strut across the square during the 'eliminate the rooftop snipers' bit toward the end. Its so goddamn obvious there.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Also, I didn't really notice this on my first playthrough, but the enemies are damned crazy accurate. I was shooting dudes from over 200m away, which means I need to aim two notches up, and about one notch to the side because of wind, needing to hold my breath and use my scope, whereas they're reliably hitting me with smgs and pistols. If I'm two stories up they must be aiming 10-20m above me, who knows how much they have to compensate for wind, and they're using guns that, when I fire them, have about a 20 degree spread so I can't reliably hit a target from 5 metres. There's only a tiny bit of my head and shoulder poking out of cover, and they're consistently hitting me. When I take a shot the replay shows this tight little grouping all around me, which is just obscene for an SMG over that much range.

• Options
    Which is funny since I've emptied a smg at point blank and still can't kill things sometimes. :P

Ah, it is far from perfect but I'm still enjoying the game. Multi helps for me though. There, its even worse with bad latency, but still manages to amuse me.

• Options
    darqnessdarqness KCMORegistered User regular
    If every slow-mo shot wasn't so satisfying then I wouldn't even be touching this game.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    darqness wrote: »
    If every slow-mo shot wasn't so satisfying then I wouldn't even be touching this game.

Yeah there's nothing like firing off that snapshot in the hope that it will hit and then boom slow mo to the testicles

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    Huh. I forgot all about the Kill Hitler level, so I went ahead and ran it. Got an X-Ray shot through his groin but he had no testicles.

On the one hand, haha. On the other hand, aww, I didn't get to shoot 'em.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    This game ruined the bullet cam in Max Payne 3 for me! Everytime the game slows and shows the bullet heading towards a dude, I keep expecting a glorious X-Ray shot. MP makes up for it ,almost, because you can keep shooting the dude in a gruesome fashion while the bullet cam is going. But nothing beats a satisying, jaw shattering, eyeball popping, testicle bursting X-Ray shot.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Hey, this is on sale 25% off.

And the Kill Hitler package (plus more guns) is now available separately.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Hmm. Awfully quick for this to go on sale. Doesn't say how long the deal lasts, either.

Oddly, GreenManGaming doesn't have this listed any more. Ran out of keys? Man, it would be sweet if they matched Steam's sale and then I could use my $5 of credit from Disciples II...

• Options
    I mentioned it in the Steam thread, but in case someone doesn't see it there, it's a 24 hour sale to celebrate the relase of the DLC (which is just the pre-order bonuses).

• Options
    Sniper Elite V3 is coming soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2T6BQvPY4

• Options
    I hope if I put a round in the side of someone's head they don't lurch backwards like they'd been shot from the front.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I've never played the Sniper Elite games but I'm interested in V3 and after watching Mr. Sark's Sniper Elite Zombie playthroughs I'm ever so happy to hear they are going to bring those to the consoles. The Sniper zombie games just look like a lot of fun and a more objective oriented version of the Black Ops Nazi Zombies game with sweet kill cams.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    V2 was a guilty pleasure of mine on the 360. Those gruesome X-ray killcams never get old! Very hyped for V3 on PS4 :D

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    More multiplayer info

Co-op sniper action had my full attention.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I looooved V2, especially as a huge fan of Silent Scope. Can't wait for V3.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Is there any chance that V3 won't have shitty shooter bits like V2 did?

Because they were just as dumb and crap and terrible in V2 as they were in the original Sniper Elite way back in the day. Forcing players into small corridors for significant sections of a sniping game is a pretty dumb move.

EDIT: Sigh, not even three minutes into that preview vid and they're cramming you into shitty narrow corridors. How is hard to get that making a sniper game that does everything else shittily means you should absolutely never be making the player do the awful, shoddy gameplay bits when they could be Xray-sniping Nazis?

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Here are some vids from E3:

New Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMFl5YJx03M

Demo with commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_bqlVadyPA

First level (?) walkthrough, complete with German (!) commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6H21SuJ0uM

The WWII era style tutorial pictures are a really nice touch.

Steam has the pre-order on sale for 20% off ($30). Some of you need to grab this, so I have people for tandem snipings.

• Options
    I've spent far too much this month to justify this but man, I loved Sniper Elite 2 so bloody much.

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I've spent far too much this month to justify this but man, I loved Sniper Elite 2 so bloody much.

Yeah, I've been sitting with it in my cart for weeks going "But it was so much fun...."

• Options
    This game is ready to play on Steam!

• Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    I picked this up last night and it is great fun. There is one issue though... How do you snipe?

I am fine when I am in SP and can do Empty Lung for my targeting diamond, but for higher difficulties (and multiplayer) I have no idea where / how I should be aiming.

Is there a tutorial (for v2 or 3) that would point me in the right direction?

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Khade97 wrote: »
    I picked this up last night and it is great fun. There is one issue though... How do you snipe?

I am fine when I am in SP and can do Empty Lung for my targeting diamond, but for higher difficulties (and multiplayer) I have no idea where / how I should be aiming.

Is there a tutorial (for v2 or 3) that would point me in the right direction?

Wind direction has proven to be the biggest modifier for me. Look for things like flags or smoke being blown by the wind to find out which direction to compensate. Wind going from right to left? Lead to the right, etc. Accounting for bullet drop is necessary as well, but seemingly to a much lesser extent unless we're talking about very, very long range shots. Probably the best way to learn, and the way I did, is to play with the aim assist diamond on so that you can get a feel for various shots at various distances.

Basically, practice. I don't think real world trajectory stuffs like to Coriolis effect translate well to this. :P

Konphujun on
    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    When I was playing MP I didn't see any indication on wind (I think I was playing on a server that had it off). The issue was I couldn't seem to work out drop off unless I was point blank - one shot would go massively short, then the next fly miles over their head.

What would be really good is a shooting range with the same mechanics as multiplayer but against sandbag dummies at various distances. That way you could learn drop-off / wind etc without being shot to hell :) Hell, even just an in game tutorial on using the scope without assistance would be nice. (Is there a map editor when something like that could be created?)