As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread is old, use the new thread!

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    No Mr. afk Dragoon, we're not going to carry you through an entire dungeon. We will actually stand here until the loot roll window runs out so we can kick you.

(Again, not that anyone runs parsers) He did 3% of the overall damage and only moved enough to loot chests and keep us in combat so we couldn't initiate a kick. Newp.

This exact thing happened when My wife, my friend and I ran Brayflox the other day. The PUG BLM did something like 4% and didn't lot, so we hung out and got a Lancer that did a great job/particpated.

I really should (not) run a parser sometime out of curiosity, but I wonder what was up yesterday? I got Cutter's Cry for my low level roulette and had a 50 Bard who was being pretty lazy on pulls. I'm not totally sure on the first boss, since as the healer I was kiting the marshal, but on some of the pulls leading up to the second boss I really noticed him just starting autoattack on the first mob and not doing anything after that. And on the worm he did the same thing, which was really obvious since the first time the worm dove, it broke his autoattack, he got hit by the very first burrow, which knocked him back into the wall and he never moved or attacked the entire rest of the fight. We finished the fight, but I told him to wake up, he claimed to be there the whole time and I called him out on what I watched him doing the last few pulls and on the boss and after that he finished out the rest of the dungeon doing fairly well. The 50 paladin we had tanking it was also kinda lazy on the first few pulls, I was pulling aggro from my multi-dotting, but he picked it up eventually.

I also got a pretty aggravating Castrum for my main scenario roulette, the other healer was a WHM who had basically ilvl 100 in every slot, which I didn't realize gained almost 2k hp over all ilvl 90 or so. But basically the WHM would go around doing whatever the hell they wanted because they thought they were invincible or something with 6.4k hp. This involved getting the first set of cannons killed because she pulled aggro on the first colossus away from the tank who was trying to pull it to the cannons and then he turned around and Exhausted the cannon group and no one could get close enough to interrupt it. She then ran waaay ahead of the party to the next set of cannons, pulled those mobs while trying to use a cannon, which got another cannon destroyed and the one next to it down to a sliver of health. And then on that last room where the tanks are supposed to pull the mobs back to the cannons, she ran ahead of them or pulled aggro or something, completely screwing up the tanks, pissing off the main tank... it was a mess. At least she finally died in one of those pulls. I had already told her to cut it out after she got the first cannons killed and she kept it up. So at this point, I tried to initiate a vote kick for harassment, which didn't pass... whoever voted against it seriously was not paying attention to what was happening. The main tank gave up and said he was going to leave (though he didn't, he just didn't do anything after that), the healer started the first form of the last boss with that tank and one of our bards locked out, and it was just a clusterfuck.

Annoying shit.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    ...so, when is the company pajama party again?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    ...so, when is the company pajama party again?

Tuesday July 8th.

Although I figure they'll be like the spring dresses and be a bit tough to make so who knows when we'll see them.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    I'm saving up Peisteskin/Boarskin maps just in case they add new crafting stuff (for PJs) to them, but I'm guessing they'll likely be tied to hunts somehow.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Wooo~ my new desktop replacement/upgrade parts came in yesterday. I'm back to large dual screens (voice chat, ACT, and/or encounter reference charts on the second screen), mechanical keyboards, and 60fps in crowded cities!

When's the DX11 upgrade supposed to be again? Because I say bring it on! While I 'only' have a GTX 670 (there is literally no reason to upgrade my graphics card yet), my Haswell i7 @3.5k, liquid cpu cooler, and 12gb of ram say bring it on!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I'm a blacksmith now.

Kinda cool how they let you be non-combat classes and build things.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Wooo~ my new desktop replacement/upgrade parts came in yesterday. I'm back to large dual screens (voice chat, ACT, and/or encounter reference charts on the second screen), mechanical keyboards, and 60fps in crowded cities!

When's the DX11 upgrade supposed to be again? Because I say bring it on! While I 'only' have a GTX 670 (there is literally no reason to upgrade my graphics card yet), my Haswell i7 @3.5k, liquid cpu cooler, and 12gb of ram say bring it on!

I mean I'm max settings on a 460 1gb so I'm pretty sure you'll be abe to handle it on the 670 you "only" have

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I feel like I've had that 670 for ages and it's still a beast, yeah.

But yeah, it's nice that FF14 on max uses no more than 25% of my CPU.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I don't know about that. I have a 660 and maxed out in Mor'dhona, things get a little slow.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    I don't know about that. I have a 660 and maxed out in Mor'dhona, things get a little slow.

Are you sure it's not your CPU falling behind? FF14, like most MMOs, are far more CPU than GPU intensive.

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    ot5z5QJ.jpg[img][/img]
    I think I am Phyress' long lost sister (yay fantasia!)

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Chocobo Raising preview!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3d01271ad3add3638e42b642e8ad4bb4db15ca50
    Chocobo Raising Preview (07/02/2014)

Today's patch 2.3 preview offers a look at chocobo raising, a new way to bond and grow together with your beloved feathered companion.
    To access chocobo stables, and begin raising a chocobo, players must complete the following quest:

Quest Bird in Hand
    Required Level Level 30
    Location Central Shroud (X:20 Y:21)
    NPC: Luquelot
    Prerequisites Players must first complete the quest "My Feisty Little Chocobo" and also belong to a free company which owns an estate.

Stabling Your Chocobo

To begin raising a chocobo, players must first acquire a Chocobo Stable, which can be purchased from the housing merchant NPC in any residential area. Once placed on the estate grounds, all free company members can stable their chocobos and begin their training.

* An estate can only house one chocobo stable, which is shared between all free company members.
    * Players cannot mount their chocobos or summon them to battle when they are stabled. The companion menu is also inaccessible when your chocobo is stabled.

Training Your Chocobo

Your chocobo, as well as those of your free company members, can be trained while stabled to earn experience points. Chocobos can be trained once per hour, and will demand one of the following fruits or vegetables as a reward for their efforts:

Krakka Root / Curiel Root / Sylkis Bud / Mimett Gourd / Tantalplant / Pahsana Fruit / Thavnairian Onion

Experience granted will be the same regardless of the item selected, though stable conditions may affect experience gains. These fruits and vegetables can be obtained through gardening.

Chocobo Level Cap
    For chocobos that have already attained the maximum rank, rewarding them with a Thavnairian onion following training will increase this upper limit by one.
    * A Thavnairian onion is required each time you wish to raise the maximum rank.
    * Chocobo companions cannot exceed rank 20.

Favorite Feed
    If you reward your chocobo with the same snack after repeated training sessions, that fruit or vegetable will become the chocobo's favorite feed. Your chocobo's favorite feed can then be used to grant beneficial effects when summoned to battle.

You may change your chocobo's favorite feed if you so desire by repeatedly rewarding your chocobo with a different snack after training.

Maintaining the Chocobo Stable
    As you and your free company members continue to use the chocobo stable, it will begin to accumulate dirt and grime. Stable cleanliness is reflected by one of three conditions─good, fair, or poor─which can be confirmed by accessing the stable. Keep your stable clean to ensure that chocobo training is effective, yielding the most experience.

To clean the stable, access the chocobo stable interface and select Clean Stable. You must possess a magicked stable broom in your inventory to make use of this option.

The only thing i'm not sure about is if you have to feed each chocobo that is stabled a snack after each training session, or if one snack will feed them all.

I get the feeling that even with the 3 Garden plots we have it may be tough to feed all the chocobos, unless the yields are very high.

Still it seems like an interesting concept.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

Are you sure it's not your CPU falling behind? FF14, like most MMOs, are far more CPU than GPU intensive.

3.4Ghz quad core, so I sure as hell hope not. I notice some artifacts from time to time so it might just be my GPU getting ready to take a massive dump.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    I have a 780 and I get 40 fps in crowded areas :( makes me sad.

But I'm impressed at how pretty the environments are. Like, coming from WoW and stuff this game is a work of art.

Made 32 yesterday and unlocked another story dungeon. I'm getting addicted to fates and my hunting log. I was wondering: should I go to 50 with my Archer now, or get some Pugilist levels to turn into a Bard?

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Knocking out 1-15 in Pugilist wouldn't be a bad idea really. Keep in mind, whenever you're leveling a battle class that is lower level than your maximum leveled battle class, you get a +50% exp bonus on kills. Which is pretty nice really. Doing your Hunting Log and some Levequests, you can actually get to 15 fairly quickly. Unlocking your Job also unlocks additional abilities every 5 levels when you do your Job quests as well.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    * Players cannot mount their chocobos or summon them to battle when they are stabled. The companion menu is also inaccessible when your chocobo is stabled.

I wonder what that means exactly. Like, how long is a training session (since you can do them once per hour)?

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I'm a level 45 PLD. Are the any other classes I need to level to get their cross-skills that you would recommend?

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

I wonder what that means exactly. Like, how long is a training session (since you can do them once per hour)?

Also can you not mount at all, or just your chocobo?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    I'm a level 45 PLD. Are the any other classes I need to level to get their cross-skills that you would recommend?

Stoneskin? It's nice to squeeze in when the boss is busy using a special attack on someone else, like Titan's Landslide.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    How do skills carry over between classes, if at all?

I mean, I don't have any other combat classes yet, and job switching seems to be as easy as requipping a different weapon, but I'm interested in whether I'll be able to carry over any cross-class moves.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I mean, I don't have any other combat classes yet, and job switching seems to be as easy as requipping a different weapon, but I'm interested in whether I'll be able to carry over any cross-class moves.

Certain skills from each class are cross classable. On one class, you can use any abilities from any other class that isn't restricted. Jobs, however, are limited to pulling abilities from 2 base classes.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited July 2014

There is a section of your Abilities and Actions menu that lets you set and equip cross class skills.

Note that your level only restricts the number of cross class skills you can equip, not the actual skill itself.

For example, Arcanists get Eye for an Eye at 34, but you can cross class it at level 1 if you so desire.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    edited July 2014

There's this handy tool over on XIVDB that shows which skills you can use from other jobs, and what level you have to reach to unlock them.

In your base class you unlock a cross class skill slot every five levels and you can pull from any class, in your job you're limited to one every ten, and it's only from two specific classes.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    Here are some pretty key skills for Mages:

Swiftcast from THM
    Stoneskin from CNJ (if you wanna heal)
    Eye for an Eye/Virus from Arcanist (if you wanna heal, although Virus is sorta ok for BLM as well)
    Raging Strikes from Archer (if you are DPSing)
    Cleric Stance from CNJ (if you want to DPS as a SCH)
    Quelling Strikes (?) from Archer (something about reducing aggro for DPSing, I don't have this one)

Melee folks can weigh in, but:

Invigorate from LNC is pretty key in regenerating TP
    Flash from GLD, while not necessary for WAR tanks, can be a nice aggro tool

Actually, I'll stop there, as I'm not really familiar enough with Melee to go on.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Can you Glamour anything? Like, can I be dressing up as Snow or in my Pajamas as my Lv. 50 Dragoon gear?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes!

Well, you still have to follow class restrictions I think, and you can only glamour "down," i.e., level 50 gear can be glamoured to look like level 1 gear, but not the other way around.

Every time I get a dagger on my GLD, it is Blazefire Sabre city! *ka-chink*

Neurotika on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That sounds really fun. Can you make gear invisible? Like what if I wanna galmour into swimtrunks and wanna hide my hands/feet gear.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    Not really, you have to attach some look to it.

That being said, there are some pretty skimpy sandal models I think.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Can you Glamour anything? Like, can I be dressing up as Snow or in my Pajamas as my Lv. 50 Dragoon gear?

Basically it works like this:

The item you are taking the appearance of must be wearable by the class/job you are currently on. This means if you are a lvl 40 DRG you couldn't glamour lvl 50 DRG stuff since you can't technically wear it yet. However if you are a lvl 50 DRG you could glamour lvl 40 DRG stuff onto your lvl 50 gear. You wouldn't be able to glamour lvl 40 BLM only stuff onto your lvl 50 DRG though unless the gear specifically said it was wearable by all classes.

From the website:
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a1585905092f4cd0fcf95239489bb85da7227deb

Glamours may be cast with any items that meet the following conditions:

The base and projected items are of the same type. (Wrists>Wrists, Head>Head, etc)
    The equipment level of the projected item is equal to or lower than the base item.
    The base item and projected item can be equipped by the same class or job.
    The base item and projected item can be equipped by the same gender or race.

For gear occupying more than one gear slot, one the following conditions must be met in addition to the above:

The base item and projected item occupy the same gear slots.
    All of the projected item's gear slots fall within the base item's gear slots.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    d
    Yukira wrote: »

Stoneskin? It's nice to squeeze in when the boss is busy using a special attack on someone else, like Titan's Landslide.

I'd agree with this, also Mercy Stroke, while not really all that great doesn't hurt at all, if you land it correctly its a decent self heal and at worst does some damage.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Official maintenance times for the patch have been released:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/eaeafdb130a54030b2fd64170565e962bdc70775
    At the following time, in order to accompany patch 2.3, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds.
    During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

*The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
    From Jul. 7, 2014 8:00 p.m. to Jul. 8, 2014 4:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That sounds really fun. Can you make gear invisible? Like what if I wanna galmour into swimtrunks and wanna hide my hands/feet gear.

From someone obsessed with playing pretty princess dress up:

Leather Sandals for shoes, they're a base Leatherworking craftable, sandals are dyeable.
    My go-to's for non-glove hand armor are the Bard AF (I wish they weren't class restricted), Coronal Wristbands (A rose tied to your left wrist with a ribbon, ribbon is white, rose is dyeable), and Boarskin Ringbands, the different types translate to a colored crystal in the leather bit, leather part is dyeable.

There's a glamour subreddit that's pretty great for finding inspiration.

Oooh, also, don't forget you can now preview gear from the Market Board with the "Try On" feature, and there's a button at the bottom of the preview window to turn your other gear back on.

Ishtaar on
  • Options

MRD for Foresight and Bloodbath, CNJ for Stoneskin.

• Options

Leather Sandals for shoes, they're a base Leatherworking craftable, sandals are dyeable.
    My go-to's for non-glove hand armor are the Bard AF (I wish they weren't class restricted), Coronal Wristbands (A rose tied to your left wrist with a ribbon, ribbon is white, rose is dyeable), and Boarskin Ringbands, the different types translate to a colored crystal in the leather bit, leather part is dyeable.

Oooh, also, don't forget you can now preview gear from the Market Board with the "Try On" feature, and there's a button at the bottom of the preview window to turn your other gear back on.

Very cool, thank you!

Just to recap a bit: After doing the quest and unlock Glamour's I should just hit up the AH and buy Grade 1 Glamour Prisim right? But there are multiple ones to choose from (Alchemy, Armorcraft, Clothcraft, Goldsmithing, Leatherworking, Smithing, Woodworking). How do I know which one I need for the item I wanna look like?

Such as the FF13 Axe, Snow's outfit and the Summer outfit stuff.

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I am worried we won't have enough garden supplies to level up everyone's chocobo. I hope there is a work around.

Tridus1x on
  • Options

Very cool, thank you!

Just to recap a bit: After doing the quest and unlock Glamour's I should just hit up the AH and buy Grade 1 Glamour Prisim right? But there are multiple ones to choose from (Alchemy, Armorcraft, Clothcraft, Goldsmithing, Leatherworking, Smithing, Woodworking). How do I know which one I need for the item I wanna look like?

Look at what class can repair the item. That will tell you which prism you need.

Also, if you ask me in-game, I can make you the prism you need.

• Options
    You need to buy the Grade of Prism that matches what level the item that is giving the look will be. It says what levels are covered on the prism text.

• Options
    edited July 2014

Very cool, thank you!

Look at what class can repair the item. That will tell you which prism you need.

Also, if you ask me in-game, I can make you the prism you need.

Thanks friend! But sadly I am at work, won't be on till 6PM, and even then I'd still have to do the quest and what not to unlock Glamours. I only know that I'd need a Grade 1 Glamour Prism (Smithing) for the l'Cie Bardiche. (Since it's IL:13, I'd need a Grade 1. (SEE! I'M UP TO SPEED ON THIS! I love it.)

Riokenn on
  • Options
    I love the glamour system so much... I've spent hundreds of thousands just playing with it. My favorite one so far is the Cashmere robe of healing I bought to glamour over my weathered daystar with the spring skirt it.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    I am worried we won't have enough garden supplies to level up everyone's chocobo. I hope there is a work around.

There are two possible ways this will play out that would work.

1) Each chocobo is trained individually once per hour. For this method to work for larger FC's the yield on gardening will have to be large.
    2) You can train the entire stable of chocobos as one action every hour. This would be more in line with the the current yield we see from gardening.

It's a little confusing with how they word it:
    Your chocobo, as well as those of your free company members, can be trained while stabled to earn experience points.

It can either mean you can train your chocobo as well as the other chocobos (meaning you can select other chocobos in addition to your own) or (meaning the act of training affects all currently stabled chocobos)

I'm not sure which it will be but considering that the type of food you use doesn't matter in terms of the experience gained I'm inclined to think it's the latter as that would scale much better with FC size compared to the former because of garden plot limitations (assuming they don't give massive yields)

However it ALSO mentions that feeding the same snack each time will make that a favorite of the chocobo, which would seem to indicate it's an individual affair.

But if you can train other people's chocobos you could potentially mess that up in either case.

Basically we just don't know yet :D

I'm hoping they accounted for FC scaling though and that either the gardening yields are large enough to support a large amount of members, or the mechanics is designed as such that you can train a large amount of chocobos at once with a smaller yield.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png