As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Club PA exclusive pin

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    When is the cutoff date for this first ClubPA pin then? I hadn't seen it posted anywhere (since you said that the person will be fine). I know that the same pin will go out a second time later this year, but I assume Suprshin was talking about this first wave.

That question was asked in the latest FAQ. Hopefully Jamie will answer soon.

• AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    When is the cutoff date for this first ClubPA pin then? I hadn't seen it posted anywhere (since you said that the person will be fine). I know that the same pin will go out a second time later this year, but I assume Suprshin was talking about this first wave.

I think so long as you sign up for the $30 tier in 2014 you will get the pin. And since the Club PA subscriptions are only 6 months, you sign up twice each year and get 2 of the pins.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ajaxon wrote: »

I think so long as you sign up for the $30 tier in 2014 you will get the pin. And since the Club PA subscriptions are only 6 months, you sign up twice each year and get 2 of the pins.
    Yeah, I understand that if I want 1 pin, it's not an issue. There will be a 6 month cutoff though for the first run, which is the question I was asking. The answer seems to be that nobody knows yet.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I understand that if I want 1 pin, it's not an issue. There will be a 6 month cutoff though for the first run, which is the question I was asking. The answer seems to be that nobody knows yet.

I thought I read or heard somewhere the cut-off for this 6 months already happened, but I can't place the source in my brain now. Maybe a staff podcast? Maybe something I overheard at the Club PA tabletop\pizza thing. Maybe I made it up. Sorry.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me at all. I'm not really concerned per-se, just figured the exact info would be helpful to some. (also I assume you mean 6-months, not year).

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Indeed, corrected that to avoid confusing people, thanks for the catch.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

I thought I read or heard somewhere the cut-off for this 6 months already happened, but I can't place the source in my brain now. Maybe a staff podcast? Maybe something I overheard at the Club PA tabletop\pizza thing. Maybe I made it up. Sorry.

I'm just listening to the latest staff podcast right now, and they're saying that if you signed up within the first 2 months at the $30+ level you'll have a chance to renew this year for the second pin.

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    Just thought I'd share this bit of news I just got from Brian:

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Mot BuchananMot Buchanan OhioRegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

I'm just listening to the latest staff podcast right now, and they're saying that if you signed up within the first 2 months at the $30+ level you'll have a chance to renew this year for the second pin.

I signed up the first day it was offered at the $30 level.
    I haven't gotten a pin yet.
    Would this mean that I would get 2 pins when I sign up again?

• Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Can you sign up again under your email address before your current subscribtion expires? I thought it only meant that if we renew during 2014, we'd have the possibility to get another 2014 pin - meaning if you were to sign up now, you wouldn't be able to renew before 2015, hence why you needed to be enrolled in the first 2 months to get a pin.

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Brian said the pins are going out now, so you should hopefully see the first one soon. It was confirmed previously that signing up at the $30 level for the second half of the year will net you a second pin.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Yay, pin showed up today!

http://i.imgur.com/eTJ3kns.jpg

Hopefully those fine marks in the gold come out; they're hard to spot at a distance but up close they are very noticeable.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    Man, yours is pretty beat up, it looks like. I just got mine and it's got no scratches at all. If the pins can get this damaged during shipment we really, really need to convince them to bring back the plastic wrap.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Wooooooow, the club PA pin looks amazing :O

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hope us Aussies get them sometime this week XD

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    So it turns out my pin wasn't damaged, it was just really really dirty from what I assume is excessive handling. 15 minutes with a microfiber cloth and now the pin looks great.

Agree with above, especially with the metallic gold finish, to either have the pins bagged, or ideally, have a thin peelable layer of plastic film applied at the factory, much like you get on electronics and whatnot.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Got mine today (Philly). No issues.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    I got mine today (New Hampshire) and it looks fantastical!!!!

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    My pin made it to NH today. It appears to have a scratch but I nee to look closer at it.

• vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Pin arrived in Orlando today! Looks fantastic, trying to decide if I'm willing to wear it around PAX as a "secret handshake" sort of thing.

55ymlH2.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Mine's going right on my lanyard... my second pin will go into the collection whenever that may be.

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Got mine today too. Initially it looked pretty bad, like it had scratches but I was able rub those away with a microfiber cloth, like recommended above.

On the downside, it does have a small, but visible "nick" on the side of the pin that kind of ruins the beauty of it. Which really sucks.
    uWJHfq0.jpg

Geod on
  • sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    Just got my pin! I live in Seattle, so don't despair - pins are just taking a bit to get out I guess. The pin looks AWESOME. Mine has a little marring, but it's still super awesome.

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Checking in from Maine. I honestly have no idea when the initial six month memberships end, but I'm ready to reup for another Club PA pin.

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I got mine in yesterday. I'm happy.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Checking in from Maine. I honestly have no idea when the initial six month memberships end, but I'm ready to reup for another Club PA pin.

click on your name on the main sight and it has an end date there

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Finally got mine. It's pretty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pin and the Valentine's Day pins are the only non-PAX pins out there in 2014, right? Not counting KI, I mean.

• VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    Mine arrived safely to Hawaii! SHINY!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
    edited July 2014
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    Finally got mine. It's pretty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pin and the Valentine's Day pins are the only non-PAX pins out there in 2014, right? Not counting KI, I mean.

Well we have the Merch, Core Set, DLC, Lookouts Set, Twisp and Catsby Set, Hanna, Halloween Set, Valentines Day Set, Acquisitons Inc Set, Valentines Day and Club PA. Plus KI.

PedroAsani on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    SerpicoBC wrote: »

Well we have the Merch, Core Set, DLC, Lookouts Set, Twisp and Catsby Set, Hanna, Halloween Set, Valentines Day Set, Acquisitons Inc Set, Valentines Day and Club PA. Plus KI.

I feel like he meant pins released outside of PAX in 2014.

It's hard to call, since pins like Bard Rock were available pre-PAX via the Kickstarter, so it's sort of not really a PAX pin.

And there's also the Comic-Con set that's coming out this month, but other than these (and the KI) I think you're right Serpico.

I pitched that question for the next Q & A. Half a year and only one pin not from pax or the ki set.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    For all we know the sales of non-PAX pins might not have been so hot, considering how long it took for the Valentines to sell out (days before it was going to be delisted), so maybe they felt they were putting up too many pins for sale?

Or maybe they'll just introduce new pins at PAX and then sell whatever's left online, who knows. I just know I need to stock up for Prime...

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    I know it's probably unrealistic to expect a breakneck pace as they settle into the pin thing, but this is definitely too slow. I'm not a business-savvy person at all, so I can't speak to how sales might affect their release schedule, but I know for myself that if I don't have a steady pintravenous drip, my attention is going to wane. Especially with how the KI set has been handled of late. The forums keep me pretty interested, but I've got an itchy feeling that's somewhere between "bored" and "withdrawal" and I need more pins if I'm gonna feed this habit.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
    For all we know the sales of non-PAX pins might not have been so hot, considering how long it took for the Valentines to sell out (days before it was going to be delisted), so maybe they felt they were putting up too many pins for sale?

Or maybe they'll just introduce new pins at PAX and then sell whatever's left online, who knows. I just know I need to stock up for Prime...

Valentines did a good speed for the first thousand, and then fell off. But they sold all 2,000, and it was quite sought after by new collectors at East. I think Hanna went faster just because The Tithe was a highly popular run.

Since the beginning Mike has said they are wary of flooding the market with Pins. They know there is a large back catalog of things they could release, but they want to move slowly and let it grow. PAX and Pins is likely to be a Thing from now on, with other Sets more sporadic (one PAX every 3 months or so is a large release) and hopefully a couple of game tie-ins.

• DarkwyndreDarkwyndre Registered User regular
    Mine arrived and it's absolutely brilliant. Will be glad to get a 2nd for trading. Hoping to make PAX South and PAX East in the next year.

Playstation Network ID : EasySleeze
  • Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Considering it says "YEAR 2014 ONE" on the Pin, do you think each year that Club PA goes on, the basic design will remain the same, would you want it to? Would you like it say if the next year's version was a flat yellow like the original picture: http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/02/10/club-pa6, or maybe one year it did have the blood splatter a la Watchmen?
    ClubPA_zps19bf6835.jpg

edited July 2014
    Id like to see them all keeping the club pa and year 20XX part the same, and just change the centre bit, if this year is gabe focused, next year maybe tycho, next lookouts, automata etc

and keep them all shiny looking

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I would like a completely different looking pin for each year.