As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Antec 1200 case help (hooking up fans and delinquent power button)

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
I recently started installing my motherboard's connections and have come to a problem with lack of cables plugins. The case comes with 2 fans on the back, 1 big fan on the top, and 3 fans on the front.

The problem I'm having is that the fans all have a place to connect except the three fans on the front. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

I'm also having a problem with the power on button. I can turn the computer on, but am forced to hold the button down when I want to turn the computer off.

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I have a 1200, but I'm not sure what you're asking about the fans. Do they not have a place to plug in? If that's the case, you can daisy-chain the fan plugs together.

As for the power button: if it turns the computer on then it's working properly. Don't turn your computer off by holding the button down unless the computer is frozen and can't be shut down normally.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I have a 1200, but I'm not sure what you're asking about the fans. Do they not have a place to plug in? If that's the case, you can daisy-chain the fan plugs together.

As for the power button: if it turns the computer on then it's working properly. Don't turn your computer off by holding the button down unless the computer is frozen and can't be shut down normally.

There is a plug in for everything except the front three fans. How would I go about doing a daisy-chain?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    By plug do you mean power plug, or something to plug into the motherboard? The front fans don't need to be connected to the motherboard. The power connectors for the fans themselves can be plugged into each other, so all the fans can use the same power supply plug.

Do you have the OS installed yet?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    No OS yet.

There is no place left to plug in my fans in the mobo.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Pictures of the plugs? Are they molex? Like this:

Molex

• Options
    They are small 3 prong plugs.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Huh, the ones in my 1200 are molex. They may have changed things though.

Edit: Your power button won't turn off the computer with a single press until the OS is installed. Pressing the power button once doesn't turn the computer off -- it sends a signal to the OS that it should shut down cleanly.

LD50 on
  • Options
    Huh, the ones in my 1200 are molex. They may have changed things though.

Edit: Your power button won't turn off the computer with a single press until the OS is installed. Pressing the power button once doesn't turn the computer off -- it sends a signal to the OS that it should shut down cleanly.

Thanks for the info about the OS. I was expecting molex but they changed the plug, which is bad for me because my PSU cables are Molex.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    PSU cables are always molex. If there aren't enough fan headers on your mainboard, you can get adapters to convert them.

LD50 on
  • Options
    PSU cables are always molex. If there aren't enough fan headers on your mainboard, you can get adapters to convert them.

Miner nuisance, but thanks for the advice. You hit the nail on the head.

oHw5R0V.jpg