As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Plz be goeth to neweth thread

• Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh that's neat. But I'm pretty much at the end of the game anyway so I doubt I'll bother now.

Is there a way to rotate items by the way? It took me a long time to get the mask of clavicus vile to stand upright in the middle of my table. And then of course it flew off onto the floor the next time I came in.

I always just blame it on the damn kids.

Is Sheogorath your roommate? He's been known to do things like that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    The wabbajack was hanging on the weapon plaque looking right at the bow that vanished.

I think the ring of numeria (or whatever) flying out of the display case was the worst, cause it turns out a single tiny ring somewhere on the floor can be quite hard to find.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Holy shit, somebody finally managed to make a child overhaul that didn't turn out super creepy. Also, holy shit Functional Bags (Bandolier++), Toxicity, and Real Roads.

Goddammit, Skyrim. I have already accumulated a list of like 40 mods I want to try since my last playthrough. Stop it. I'm not playing you right now.
    Oh that's neat. But I'm pretty much at the end of the game anyway so I doubt I'll bother now.

Is there a way to rotate items by the way? It took me a long time to get the mask of clavicus vile to stand upright in the middle of my table. And then of course it flew off onto the floor the next time I came in.

There was totally a mod released recently that gives you full control over item placement using the arrow keys or the numpad or something, and I cannot remember what it was called. Even lets you move around static objects in the world.

Monger on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Welp, it's happened. My main character can't return to Skyrim from Solstheim, or she'll get the endless loading screen glitch. Oh well. I could download that Familiar Faces mod, save her, and bring her to my next character. Still, I'll never get to complete the main quest at this rate. 4th character, and still haven't made it past Alduin's Wall.

For those interested. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54509/?

Have you tried teleporting yourself from an interior cell in Solstheim to an interior cell in Skyrim and then walking outside?

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    @SoulGate You could try Safety Load. It has fixed infinite loading screen for me before, and I don't think I've had infinite load screen since installing it. Needs SKSE to work.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Having computer issues (my laptop seems to think it has a total of 51 gigs of space, when I know for a fact this is not the case) but as soon as I get its brains sorted I'm installing Arena and setting up a blog to track progress of my stupid insane PLAY ALL THE ELDER SCROLLS project

(blog name suggestions welcome)

Re: Arena, any suggestions / recommendations for a first time playthrough? Classes, races, mods, ways to do things that aren't too painful, weird bugs to watch out for

(Fact: I think The Elder Scrolls Online, for all its problems, is still the least buggy Elder Scrolls game ever made :| )

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Arena is fairly bare bones all things considered. It's not Daggerfall level of ambitious, which in turn means it's not Daggerfall levels of broken, so be prepared to play the game as intended instead of completely breaking it in half. Also I don't think there's much of a modding scene.

As far as classes go, there isn't much for a thiefy type to do.

The "skills advancement=level ups" system hadn't been introduced, so it's all XP based.

Have fun with some early 90s games riddles, too.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Yeah, speaking of bugs, Whiterun has started being a pain to fast travel to. Quite regularly it'll load, but there will be only a blank screen. I can hear environmental sounds, but that's it and I have to crash out. To get it to load I have to go somewhere else first, then Whiterun (Or just go there conventionally). Only happens in Whiterun.

• Options
    Fair warning: Daggerfall is broken to some pretty crazy levels. Getting it running well, even with DOSBox can be a pain. (I've always had trouble getting mouse movement not feeling like butt).

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Any advice on smoothing out mouse movement on my enb build it feels stuttery

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    So, I never finished the game when it came out - pc issues.

Looking to give it another shot now. Any recommended mods before I go? I'm not looking for a list of like 100, but if there's some balance mods to deal with the weird scaling / crafting issues, etc., and some general graphical mods I'd be interested

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So, once again, the Nexus proves better. >.>

The one thing I never liked about that Daedric Assassin Armour is the high heels. There is a boot version on the Nexus. Awesome!

Nova_C on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    Oh god, urge to reinstall rising...

Thanks thread!

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Welp, it's happened. My main character can't return to Skyrim from Solstheim, or she'll get the endless loading screen glitch. Oh well. I could download that Familiar Faces mod, save her, and bring her to my next character. Still, I'll never get to complete the main quest at this rate. 4th character, and still haven't made it past Alduin's Wall.

For those interested. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54509/?

Have you tried teleporting yourself from an interior cell in Solstheim to an interior cell in Skyrim and then walking outside?

Hit the `/~ key to pull up the console, then type "coc whiterun". It will manually teleport you to outside Whiterun. There's a list of teleport locations on a wiki somewhere (just google it), and you can use the same coc command to move back to Solstheim.

I had the same issue, but the coc thing made it work fine.

• Options
    Having computer issues (my laptop seems to think it has a total of 51 gigs of space, when I know for a fact this is not the case) but as soon as I get its brains sorted I'm installing Arena and setting up a blog to track progress of my stupid insane PLAY ALL THE ELDER SCROLLS project

(blog name suggestions welcome)

Re: Arena, any suggestions / recommendations for a first time playthrough? Classes, races, mods, ways to do things that aren't too painful, weird bugs to watch out for

(Fact: I think The Elder Scrolls Online, for all its problems, is still the least buggy Elder Scrolls game ever made :| )
    An Elder Stroll.

I'm actually pretty interested in seeing Arena. I know pretty much nothing about it outside of the plot.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I finally went to Solsthein for the first time. After 300hs of game.
    Seems ashy.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Seems ashy.

I've had Dragonborn since it came out. Finally finished it the other day.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Seems ashy.

I got Hearthstone when it came out. I've never really finished a house with it.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Fair warning: Daggerfall is broken to some pretty crazy levels. Getting it running well, even with DOSBox can be a pain. (I've always had trouble getting mouse movement not feeling like butt).

I've got the CD-Rom version that came with the Super Shiny Special Edition Anthology Boxed Set thingy. I have no idea if that will help save me.
    Monger wrote: »
    An Elder Stroll.

SOLD. YES.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Feel free to skip to Morrowind if arena or daggerfall starts to become mindnumbingly boring or anything, not sure how much of a tolerance you have for old school and man...those two are really frickin oldschool.

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim represent the modern interpretation of the series and will feel more familiar coming from ESO.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Feel free to skip to Morrowind if arena or daggerfall starts to become mindnumbingly boring or anything, not sure how much of a tolerance you have for old school and man...those two are really frickin oldschool.

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim represent the modern interpretation of the series and will feel more familiar coming from ESO.

I have a pretty darn good tolerance for old school. I beat System Shock 1 & 2 in the head until it obeyed me.

Granted at the same time the last time I tried this I was trying to play the entire Might and Magic series. I stopped because grid based movement. So we'll see.

Anyway

http://anelderstroll.tumblr.com/

My stupid laptop is STILL claiming it only has 1 gig of disk space left. This isn't a problem for running Arena, but I did want to get Fraps up so I could screenshot things :\ we'll see.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Derrick wrote: »
    Seems ashy.

Finishing a house in Hearthfire is alot more of a job than you'd think. I mean, putting the walls up, adding furniture, no problem.

Finding all the sabre cat teeth you need for all the hunting trophies?

Oh god.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    What's a good mod that adds more magic to Skyrim?

While I prefer things that are more lore-friendly, fun is highly ideal too.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    What's a good mod that adds more magic to Skyrim?

While I prefer things that are more lore-friendly, fun is highly ideal too.

The apocalypse spells mod is probably what you want.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Going to go ahead and just quote myself here:
    Apocalypse magic has steadily been becoming a top mod in my list of favorites.

I really love how it covers a bunch of different bases in each school of magic if you want to specialize in just one (or two) with for example both restoration and illusion having their own damage dealing spells.

One in particularly I've really grown to love is the illusion spell "evil twin". For as long as you keep it up, it generates illusionary clones of your enemies in the room that will attack them.

Apocalypse is really good at adding more play style options and utility to each school of magic so you don't necessarily need to rely on destruction or conjuration to kill something.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

I have a pretty darn good tolerance for old school. I beat System Shock 1 & 2 in the head until it obeyed me.

Granted at the same time the last time I tried this I was trying to play the entire Might and Magic series. I stopped because grid based movement. So we'll see.

Anyway

http://anelderstroll.tumblr.com/

My stupid laptop is STILL claiming it only has 1 gig of disk space left. This isn't a problem for running Arena, but I did want to get Fraps up so I could screenshot things :\ we'll see.

I played through Daggerfall last year and while it was a trying experience, I did make it through. I had no compunction with using teleport cheats by the end though, so if you want to play through it legit then you may have more of an issue.

I still can't imagine anyone beating that game on their own with no outside help or information.

• Options
    Holy shit, somebody finally managed to make a child overhaul that didn't turn out super creepy. Also, holy shit Functional Bags (Bandolier++), Toxicity, and Real Roads.

Goddammit, Skyrim. I have already accumulated a list of like 40 mods I want to try since my last playthrough. Stop it. I'm not playing you right now.

There was totally a mod released recently that gives you full control over item placement using the arrow keys or the numpad or something, and I cannot remember what it was called. Even lets you move around static objects in the world.

I hate you. Here I am complaining about can't go back to Skyrim, and then I go and download 3 out of 4 of the mods you mentioned (Didn't get Toxicity). ARGH I HATE YOUR GUTS.
    <3 I love you

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I've got the CD-Rom version that came with the Super Shiny Special Edition Anthology Boxed Set thingy. I have no idea if that will help save me.
    An Elder Stroll.

SOLD. YES.

I'm not sure how well the cd version works. You might still have to use dosbox to run it. If the cd version isn't working out, you can download a version straight from bethesda's website that I think has a preconfigured dosbox setup of some sort.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

An Elder Stroll.

SOLD. YES.

I'm not sure how well the cd version works. You might still have to use dosbox to run it. If the cd version isn't working out, you can download a version straight from bethesda's website that I think has a preconfigured dosbox setup of some sort.

Bethesda also offers a free copy of Daggerfall for when you get to that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Seems ashy.

Finishing a house in Hearthfire is alot more of a job than you'd think. I mean, putting the walls up, adding furniture, no problem.

Oh god.

Yeah. At this point, I just pay my steward to finish most of that stuff for me. I think the only things you have to do yourself are the actual building (walls and all that) and the shrines in the basement.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Seems ashy.

Oh god.

Yeah. At this point, I just pay my steward to finish most of that stuff for me. I think the only things you have to do yourself are the actual building (walls and all that) and the shrines in the basement.

How do you get your steward to finish it? I got tons of money but not enough time to run around willy-nilly finding things like goat horns. Statues and Trophies yeah I'm fine with. Barrels and tables? Fug dat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talk the them and tell them you want them to furnish your house. They'll ask which room and then you give them money.

I've done it before, but this time decided to do it all myself. I need 3 more sabre cat teeth and I'm totally done. :P

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

Thanks thread!

Just give in. I did. Now 2 hours into mod installing, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hah, okay...

Where do I begin with modding?

I'm taking a look at that GEMS list and I'm thinking:

SKSE skyrim script extender
    Unofficial Patch

SkyUI
    Unique Region Names
    Lore Based Loading Screens
    Quality World Map With Roads
    BorderSense
    Sounds of Skyrim Wilds/Civ/Dungeon

Skyrim Redone (SkyRe) OR SPERG
    Duel - Combat Realism OR Deadly Combat
    Enhanced Blood Textures
    ABT - Arrpws and Bolts Tweaks
    Immersive Weapons
    Immersive Armors

Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM
    Climates of Tamriel
    Enhanced Lights and FX

Guard Dialog Overhaul

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

So....what now? Download Nexus Mod Manager and go from there?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

Thanks thread!

Just give in. I did. Now 2 hours into mod installing, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    There's no end to the tunnel. I have yet to find an end. I suspect it's just one giant subterranean loop, sort of like the large hadron collider, but instead of fascinating scientific discoveries and prods into the fabric of reality there are boobs and dongs and occasionally they jiggle.
    Depends on how deep you're planning on going. Mod Organizer is a cleaner, more powerful tool than NMM is, but it takes a bit to get used to. If you think you're going to end up with a couple hundred mods installed, you may want to go ahead and just start with it. Transferring from NMM to MO once you're already setup is a bit of a pain. NMM, however, is perfectly fine if you don't need to juggle files around regularly.

Also Skyrim Stability Guide is very important.

• Options

Thanks thread!

There's no end to the tunnel. I have yet to find an end. I suspect it's just one giant subterranean loop, sort of like the large hadron collider, but instead of fascinating scientific discoveries and prods into the fabric of reality there are boobs and dongs and occasionally they jiggle.
    Depends on how deep you're planning on going. Mod Organizer is a cleaner, more powerful tool than NMM is, but it takes a bit to get used to. If you think you're going to end up with a couple hundred mods installed, you may want to go ahead and just start with it. Transferring from NMM to MO once you're already setup is a bit of a pain. NMM, however, is perfectly fine if you don't need to juggle files around regularly.

Also Skyrim Stability Guide is very important.

Nah, no more than a dozen, although I understand some of them are quite large / overhauls.

They pay me to install things at work, not at home ;)

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Anyone else experiencing this bug?

Activities attached to a "use object animation" (for example, using the blacksmith forge or using a skinning table or using a cooking spit or mining a mineral root) are cut off--so, my character starts the do the animation, and the menu comes up, but only does the animation for a few seconds, thereby exiting the menu (or stopping the mining).

Has anyone else encountered this? I don't know what could have caused it, but it's recently come up--I haven't changed any of those kind of animations, but I wonder if they're effected by unrelated animations from FNIS or others.

EDIT: Ah, this is a commonly understood bug in Magic Duel: Reborn. Anyone got any combat mods they enjoy to make destruction magic more fun than "point and shoot"?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I think something broke good.

I can't purchase the land plot in Falkreath and after looking around some wikis for the exact steps discovered a "Letter from Jarl <alias=jarl> of <alias=holdcity>" in my inventory.

Anyone know if this is fixable through some console wizardry?

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I built everything in my first house. But now I've built a second one and I'm only building certain stuff because I think the complete look is way too cluttered. Mostly I'm leaving out all of the container options and focusing just on furniture, displays and some misc options.

I also went greenhouse, trophy room, armoury instead of bedrooms, trophy room, library. Having the bedroom extension made most of the upstairs in the main hall redundant and I already have damn near every book in the game tidied away into my bookcases.

Still doesn't feel as cool as the secret bunker mod in New Vegas though. I was intending to look for a similar mod for skyrim but decided it would be a rabbit hole that goes too deep so I never checked.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Hearthfire is nice if you're playing on console but the variety of mod player homes is huge enough that I've never really bothered.

You can find just about kind of house. Supernatural themed, race themed, magical, spooky and everything in between.