As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, July 7, 2014 - Fire Down Below

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

Unknown User on

• Options
    macsonmacson Registered User new member
    That nearly happend to me a few years ago. Dodged that in the last second.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Satans Orgasm indeed

Or

"My Diiiiiiiiiiiiiick".

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    "The chlamydia! It burrrrns!!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Probably good that he's already reproduced, eh?
    Or bad... I'm not sure which.

He's going to need to go to the Gentleman Doctor.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so simple and yet so funny. brilliant. :) god knows i really needed that laugh today. :)

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I feel like it needs a fourth panel where he's just lying there for a second, before it goes off.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    NergyNergy Registered User regular
    That must have been the 'Dad is dead' firework from the previous comic.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    You might say he's having a

B)

devil of a time

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Serves him or anyone else who lights amateur fireworks right. My poor dog was scared so bad she was trembling for hours. Also I couldn't get to sleep and I have to get up for work at 5AM. Damn kids! /old man

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
  • Options
    AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    And that's how Gabe became infertile.

• Options
    RaideDukuRaideDuku Registered User regular
    Gabe getting a firework rocket shot at his crotch on my birthday? Oh, Penny Arcade, how did you know?!

• Options
    Ryan@Ryan@ Registered User regular
    But....he's not in a schoolgirl outfit. He can't get covered in a "fwoom" of white from satan's orgasm. :p

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    That's also a really nice background. Reminds me of when I was a kid and running around with friends on summer nights.

• Options
    thepuregamerthepuregamer Registered User regular
    Gabe is now pregnant.

• Options
    starkruzrstarkruzr Registered User regular
    I think we all know what Gabe is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw&feature=kp

+++ATH0
  • Options

being from Glasgow, it pleases me greatly to see our culture and high class shared with the rest of world. :)

• Options
    dylldyll Registered User regular
    I belly laughed at this one. Well done, guys.

• Options
    ObstreperousObstreperous Registered User regular
    how many times have Gabe and Tycho been killed or horribly injured in the span of these comics?

• Options
    NobodeyNobodey Registered User regular
    Sorry, but based on the name, I expected a completely different comic. A red, itchy burning "down there" kinda comic.
    Thank goodness I was wrong. =)

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    how many times have Gabe and Tycho been killed or horribly injured in the span of these comics?

Feels like it's been a while since we've seen The Watch.

• Options
    Nobodey wrote: »
    Sorry, but based on the name, I expected a completely different comic. A red, itchy burning "down there" kinda comic.
    Thank goodness I was wrong. =)

i'm sure the redness and itchiness will come once they've dealt with the burning sensation Gabe is currently experiencing. then again, i'm no doctor, so i can't say for certain.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I laughed real hard at this one. Sometimes it's hard to make slapstick work in a three panel comic, but this one does it excellently.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Ha ha, god this is great. I love the blue-white highlighting on Gabe going on in the 2nd panel, it's really well done.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This comic was kind of a bummer because I read this story over the weekend where this exact thing happened to a guy and he died.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Feels like it's been a while since we've seen The Watch.

It is due for a promotional appearance

avariceamulet.jpg

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2014
    Last appearance of the watch was the pax east 2014 make-a-strip comic
    i-MSGwK9g-1050x10000.jpg

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    This comic was kind of a bummer because I read this story over the weekend where this exact thing happened to a guy and he died.

Wow. That's no shock induced heart attack or burn or anything, sounds like it straight up blew a hole in him. That's a helluva firework. D:

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    My father merely lit his hat on fire. Concerning fireworks specifically.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I was curious to I looked up some statistics. Fireworks in the US appear to be not super deadly, but plenty dangerous. And nearly half of the injuries are to kids. And it's worth considering that fireworks aren't used very often, so it's probably ok to multiple them by at least 50 before comparing with everyday risks.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    So I was actually a little disappointed when I found out that the guy named "Mohlman" wasn't the one who died...

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    forty wrote: »
    So I was actually a little disappointed when I found out that the guy named "Mohlman" wasn't the one who died...

I was saying, "It Boo-rns!"

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    I was curious to I looked up some statistics. Fireworks in the US appear to be not super deadly, but plenty dangerous. And nearly half of the injuries are to kids. And it's worth considering that fireworks aren't used very often, so it's probably ok to multiple them by at least 50 before comparing with everyday risks.

Ironically that means that Fireworks has a better injurystatistic than actual artillery.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    MinuteWaltMinuteWalt Mister Registered User regular
    Lovely layout and color work. The midground looks like an old photo mixed with the stars in the far back and Gabe exploding in front.

That's cool and all, but the colors and flow of the firework pouncing on Gabbrls steals the show.

• Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Now that is an orgasmic exploring in unknown dimensions of pain and pleasure.