As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread is old, use the new thread!

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Actually, his job is to heal the damage you can't mitigate/avoid :P

Yeah so keeping me alive. I didn't know to avoid this stuff because it wasn't until after that he bitched about me not knowing. Tell me i'm doing it wrong when I'm doing it! No need to have a go at me after we've finished it all.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Tridus1x wrote: »
    I figure they'll be an LS setup for elite hunts. If anyone gets into one, I would like to join.

Same here that sounds like a good idea. Maybe we should start one?

I believe there's one called Hunters Chance already set up. Saw someone in RT /shout'ing about it.

E: Quote added because botp

PrjctD_Captain on
    Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    healer just dropped me for a few minutes in a dungeon last night.
    he just started using the other arcanist skills and attacking...

i was at about 15% and successfully holding aggro for three spiders before i looked at my health bar and realized no heals were coming :/
    i died, the spiders killed the thaumaturge, and the monk barely survived.

"whoops" "my bad" Raise x2

he did a good job at the final boss, though, so all was forgiven.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I wish I could be in more Linkshells. I don't have enough. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Is there a site that lists different sets for each Job going by Item Level? I love collecting "tier" pieces and all I know of is:
    Artifact Armor
    Darklight Armor
    That armor that costs Myth tombs (Whats that called?)
    Then....????? (Whats the next step after the one above?)

Notable sets:

Brayflox (Infantry/Cavalry/Battlemage): level 32
    Artifact: Level 50 (chest ilvl 55)
    Darklight: ilvl 70
    CT1: ilvl 80
    Relic (Artifact 2): ilvl 90
    Allagan: ilvl 90
    Soldiery (unrepaired): ilvl 100
    CT2: ilvl 100
    Soldiery (repaired): ilvl 110
    High Allagan: ilvl 115

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    There's the Shikaree's set, which is i70

I only know about that because my retainer returned from a venture yesterday and gave me the chest piece.

I was super excited. Especially since I'm only lvl 45 and having that waiting for me is extra nice.

Maximum on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Is there a site that lists different sets for each Job going by Item Level? I love collecting "tier" pieces and all I know of is:
    Artifact Armor
    Darklight Armor
    That armor that costs Myth tombs (Whats that called?)
    Then....????? (Whats the next step after the one above?)

Notable sets:

Brayflox (Infantry/Cavalry/Battlemage): level 32
    Artifact: Level 50 (chest ilvl 55)
    Darklight: ilvl 70
    CT1: ilvl 80
    Relic (Artifact 2): ilvl 90
    Allagan: ilvl 90
    Soldiery (unrepaired): ilvl 100
    CT2: ilvl 100
    Soldiery (repaired): ilvl 110
    High Allagan: ilvl 115

There is also the Eorzea Database which has all the items, quests, npc;s, crafting logs, achievements etc.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/

or for the smartphone you have the Libra Eorzea

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/libraeorzea/

Basically there aren't a lot of sites out there because Square Enix provides all that information directly from the source.

That being said http://www.xivdb.com has everything as well, but they simply get their information from the SE database, although they offer comments and such from users in addition to map locations, spawn points, etc which is nice.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    divinity.png

Derpgoon gotta derp.

Even when they're not in Eorzea.

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    X9MrGxQ.png
    Current list of "how do I start..." in 2.3

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Greg USN wrote: »
    X9MrGxQ.png

Which was posted on the last page and already put in the OP...

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    There's the Shikaree's set, which is i70

I only know about that because my retainer returned from a venture yesterday and gave me the chest piece.

I was super excited. Especially since I'm only lvl 45 and having that waiting for me is extra nice.

There are ilvl 55/60/70 sets as well (Shikaree is the 70 BRD set).

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Aww, he was just eager to help. :(

Also HOLY CRAP this spam change can't come soon enough. I teleported to Limsa and had 4 whispers in the first minute.

It's like they know they're in their death throes.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Aww, he was just eager to help. :(

Also HOLY CRAP this spam change can't come soon enough. I teleported to Limsa and had 4 whispers in the first minute.

It's like they know they're in their death throes.

Catching up on a thread before posting is just common courtesy.

What spam change do you mean though? I missed that, are they doing something big to stop spammers beyond just banning them?

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    X9MrGxQ.png

<3 I'll post it on the next page for you too sassy.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    X9MrGxQ.png

And it will be every bit as silly as you posting it on this one. Feel free though :)

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    X9MrGxQ.png

And it will be every bit as silly as you posting it on this one. Feel free though :)

God I miss you so much.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    X9MrGxQ.png

God I miss you so much.

Not a day goes by that I don't lament our separation <3

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    And just think - in 12 or so hours, the two of you can get a room!

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    X9MrGxQ.png

list for new 2.3 content, might be useful

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    What spam change do you mean though? I missed that, are they doing something big to stop spammers beyond just banning them?

"The number of Say, Yell, Shout, or Tell messages that may be sent per second has been limited."

I don't know what it's been limited to, but given that generally my entire FC will get the same spam tell simultaneously, it's got to help.

• Options

"The number of Say, Yell, Shout, or Tell messages that may be sent per second has been limited."

I don't know what it's been limited to, but given that generally my entire FC will get the same spam tell simultaneously, it's got to help.

Ah interesting. Although the last time they did that it was a limit on the exact same message being sent (which helped limit it in cities until the bots started changing the phrase by one letter)

This change sounds like it limits the overall number of tells an individual can send which should at the very least slow down the messages. Either way a good change :)

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    OK stockpile of:

Level 3 Clear Prisms + appropriate second mats for dyable artifact armor
    Rose Gold Nuggets + Leather for the new ilevel 55 Crafting/Gathering jewelry
    Materia for said jewelry
    An entire retainer full of (retainer) stolen furniture
    Close to 100 Maps
    Alarm set for like 6am

OK is it tomorrow yet?

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Trying to decide between a ceiling fan and lamp, chandelier, or pendant lamps.

Can you hang a bunch of pendant lamps or are you stuck with one?

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Ended the last hour before maintenance on a really great note:

uZF6wfV.png

WXYKapd.png

Greg, why?

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    No Mr. afk Dragoon, we're not going to carry you through an entire dungeon. We will actually stand here until the loot roll window runs out so we can kick you.

(Again, not that anyone runs parsers) He did 3% of the overall damage and only moved enough to loot chests and keep us in combat so we couldn't initiate a kick. Newp.
    Grove wrote: »
    Ready for old Ramuh Ex! Hadn't ever attempted Mog Ex until today...only took a few tries thanks to some FC mates. Fun fight. Won't mind if I never do it again.

For the first time since the game came out, I'm prepped for the new content and not three months behind.

I've been trying to catch up too, but have hit a wall on titan ex. I can dodge his whole pattern really well at this point, the trick is finding 7 other people that can stay alive .... Good luck with Ramuh!

• Options
    soylenth wrote: »
    No Mr. afk Dragoon, we're not going to carry you through an entire dungeon. We will actually stand here until the loot roll window runs out so we can kick you.

(Again, not that anyone runs parsers) He did 3% of the overall damage and only moved enough to loot chests and keep us in combat so we couldn't initiate a kick. Newp.
    Ready for old Ramuh Ex! Hadn't ever attempted Mog Ex until today...only took a few tries thanks to some FC mates. Fun fight. Won't mind if I never do it again.

For the first time since the game came out, I'm prepped for the new content and not three months behind.

I've been trying to catch up too, but have hit a wall on titan ex. I can dodge his whole pattern really well at this point, the trick is finding 7 other people that can stay alive .... Good luck with Ramuh!

On the plus side, with this patch you will no longer need to do Titan EX to progress. So you can go straight to Leviathan and Mog King (both of which I feel are more forgiving than Titan EX) and then do Ramuh as well :)

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Well, I've sunk SO MUCH time into learning him, I'm still going to try and finish I think. Like, I'm usually the last or second to last standing at this point, know all the phases past heart, etc. I can do it, I just need to find other people that can do it. BUT, it will be nice to know I can just take a break and learn levi and king mog without having to finish titan. But at this point I feel like I might as well clear it. Hopefully people will still be doing him after the patch for mounts or whatever.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/178311-The-Sad-Tale-of-Phlegethon-and-Acheron

Well that's an interesting bit of lore on the name change in the Labyrinth of Ancients.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    New Fish
    Vip Viper

A king among black eels, and lord of the waters of the upper Hathoeva River. Some claim that jerking up, up, down, down, left, right, left, and right on one's pole increases chances of landing this slippery specimen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Well, I've sunk SO MUCH time into learning him, I'm still going to try and finish I think. Like, I'm usually the last or second to last standing at this point, know all the phases past heart, etc. I can do it, I just need to find other people that can do it. BUT, it will be nice to know I can just take a break and learn levi and king mog without having to finish titan. But at this point I feel like I might as well clear it. Hopefully people will still be doing him after the patch for mounts or whatever.

I still want to collect more Primal weapons for glamour purposes, and I needs me a mount. I really, really wish they'd increase mount drops for the old content. More incentives to go back. I also hope they provide an incentive to do CT1 (maybe just a weekly roulette/add a mount) and implement an EX Primal roulette.

I really enjoy all of the EX fights, but because I am not on the front wave it's frustrating getting groups together later. I really want to farm them all for the mounts.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/178311-The-Sad-Tale-of-Phlegethon-and-Acheron

Well that's an interesting bit of lore on the name change in the Labyrinth of Ancients.

Now we know who's responsible for the localisation. Who's going to dig up their address so I can send them a case of beer?

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Did I notice a toy chest and mini games in the patch notes? Were these in the previous version?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Did I notice a toy chest and mini games in the patch notes? Were these in the previous version?

These are new, although the parley game was in 1.0 I think, hopefully it is back in better form.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Still no god damn luck on the sawfish. I've sold 4 full stacks of the NQ gobies at this point and have over 100 combined of NQ wahoos and NQ/HQ silver sharks. So I'm at well over 500 total casts now. I'm not totally sure just how many HQ wahoos I've had, I know it's more than 20 at this point and could be closing in on 30. This shit is getting pretty ridiculous.

In the meantime, my night fishing at Oschon's Torch has resulted in 10 HQ silver sovereigns to 21 NQ sovereigns. About 5 or 6 'get aways' and lost one yumizuno. So I guess all my luck is going into HQ silver sovereigns, because that isn't too bad for about 3 evenings. So I'm halfway to the rod, pending what is found out about the new rod in the patch tomorrow and how insane it's going to be to get it I suppose.

• Options
    Patch update is live, you can start downloading now. Servers still down till 4am PDT though

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Players can now interact with NPCs while mounted.
    * Speaking with an NPC will cause the player to dismount.

YES!

Now they just need to make it so your character re-mounts once they finish talking.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Patch is 1.5 freaking gigs. That's a lot of interesting stuff coming down the pipes!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    They've been steadily adding all the things I've wanted from a gameplay perspective, minus one: custom waypoints.

I would give anything for the ability to open up your map, add a little blip, then just have an arrow point you to where that blip is.

Heck, it could work just like the waypoints for battle, and let you save multiple custom waypoints. I have trouble memorizing big layouts like this (especially with hundreds of people running around), so it would be nice to just instantly know where certain NPCs/vendors were.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Hope you have some cash to burn if you want the dyeable artifact gear now that I see the recipes for them. They're uh, a thing.