As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Availability of Absolute editions

muninnmuninn Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in Graphic Violence
Ok, so I am trying to hunt down a couple of older Absolute editions of my fave comics, but it seems like they are pretty scarce, driving the re-seller prices into the stratosphere.
My question is, are these editions intended as limited aditions, or can we expect reprints?

muninn on

• Options
    jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    pretty sure they're meant as limited editions.
    try e-bay or amazon, but something tells me you already have.

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Wait, which ones? I just moved to New York, and they have some pretty sweet shops here, and they have like every trade ever, including multiple copies of every Absolute I know about.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/

Maybe try them out. The most insidious thing about the place is that if you get an account there, you get $20 off for every $100 you spend. It's really horribly tempting.

august on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    For anyone interested, Amazon has a pretty sweet deal on the absolute books.

I just picked this up

http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Sandman-Vol-1/dp/1401210821/sr=8-1/qid=1160594585/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6901442-5596164?ie=UTF8

I got Absolute Dark Knight and Absolute Sandman for $125, and they go for about $100 a piece in my local shop.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Amazon sent me my copy of Absolute Sandman even though the street day ain't till 1 Nov so I'm a happy boy. It's a very pretty book.

animale on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    When is Absolute New Frontier supposed to come out?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    they better make an Aboslute Y: The Last Man when it's done

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    When is Absolute New Frontier supposed to come out?

DC has it set at November 9th..hopefully it wont get delayed.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The absolute editions do seem to be limited printings, though the Absolute Sandman package didn't advertise that way. I'd imagine if you're looking for Absolute Planetary, which is long out of print, you can wait until the series ends. I can't imagine they won't provide some deluxe Planetary edition to allow people to buy the whole series. What other Absolute editions are out of print? Planetary was the first I heard about.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    watchthesparkswatchthesparks Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    it's impossible to find absolute authority vol 1.

watchthesparks on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    animale wrote:
    Amazon sent me my copy of Absolute Sandman even though the street day ain't till 1 Nov so I'm a happy boy. It's a very pretty book.

!?

Are they doing that for everyone, or was it a mistake?

august on
  • Options
    OolongOolong Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    august wrote:
    animale wrote:

!?

I think the date got pushed up. My comic shop had three copies. I... didn't buy one. :cry:

Oolong on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    august wrote:
    animale wrote:

!?

I got mine today.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    yeah, it came out today

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    august wrote:
    animale wrote:

!?

I guess for most people who pre-ordered or something.

As I said, very pretty.
    img0748dy3.th.jpg

animale on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Okay. Me buy.

august on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'll probably pick up Absolute Sandman when I get paid.
    I've got Absolute League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Absolute Watchmen, & Absolute Planetary.
    I really want Absolute DKR. It's my favorite Batman story, and I cannot wait to read it at that size.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    CariblueCariblue Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If Darwyn Cooke does another signing at one of my local shops then I will get Absolute New Frontier when it comes out, if not I will get it later.

Cariblue on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    animale wrote:
    august wrote:
    animale wrote:

!?

I guess for most people who pre-ordered or something.

As I said, very pretty.
    img0748dy3.th.jpg

Generally, I don't like trades or hardcovers, as I like to collect individual issues..but shit..that is sex in book form.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    yourspaceholidayyourspaceholiday Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    It is a tome.

It seems Sandman and New Frontier swapped release dates. I got my Sandman on Teusday.

yourspaceholiday on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006

I just picked this up

http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Sandman-Vol-1/dp/1401210821/sr=8-1/qid=1160594585/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6901442-5596164?ie=UTF8

I got Absolute Dark Knight and Absolute Sandman for $125, and they go for about $100 a piece in my local shop.

if you're just talking the price, but those buy together deals don't actually lower the price, it's just a gimmick to get you to buy more then one item.

Angry on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Wait, there's an Absolute League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

...It's out of print now, isn't it?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    yourspaceholidayyourspaceholiday Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    There were two volumes, and, yea, both are out of print.

yourspaceholiday on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Angry wrote:

I just picked this up

if you're just talking the price, but those buy together deals don't actually lower the price, it's just a gimmick to get you to buy more then one item.

I don't think it's the buy-together deal he's talking about; just the fact that the price of them on amazon is a heckuva lot lower than retail.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    OolongOolong Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    KalTorak wrote:
    Angry wrote:

I just picked this up

I don't think it's the buy-together deal he's talking about; just the fact that the price of them on amazon is a heckuva lot lower than retail.

That, and $125 for both really does sound like a better deal than $62.50 for one, even if it isn't.

Think of shipping if nothing else. :-)

Oolong on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Oolong wrote:
    KalTorak wrote:
    Angry wrote:

I just picked this up

That, and $125 for both really does sound like a better deal than $62.50 for one, even if it isn't.

Think of shipping if nothing else. :-)

Shipping is free for orders over $25.

*ed: What a terrible top of the page.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So it seems like I can get Absolute Planetary for about 300 american dollars. Fuck that shit, I will just cross my fingers and hope it gets re-released when volume 2 comes out.
    As for the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 1, it seems to be gone :(
    I will have sandman to tie me over (c'mon mailman, come to Beavis).

muninn on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    What the world needs now is Absolute Seven Soldiers.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    What the world needs now is Absolute Seven Soldiers.

Lets just try to get Seven Soldiers #1 on the 25th, then we'll cross the next bridge.

Bad Karma on