As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South [registration] is LIVE! (3-days/saturdays sold out, fri/sun remain)

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited October 2014 in PAX South
zerzhul on

• JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Stuck in the queue.

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • Coefficient12Coefficient12 Registered User regular
    I hit the link as soon as I got the tweet it was nice to see weekend passes available. A good pallet cleanser for the prime queue.

• havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Pass and hotel get.
    I hit the link as soon as I got the tweet it was nice to see weekend passes available. A good pallet cleanser for the prime queue.
    Indeed. Nice to not have the reg site and/or the hotel site completely crap the bed. But I suspect give it a couple of years...

havok978 on
    XyqJPIp.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Just look at the responses for the initial "Soon" tweet and you'll see that some folks didn't even know the location had been set!

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • WickershamWickersham Registered User regular
    It's a done deal! A nice bit of good news on a really rough day at the office.

• Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    got em !!!! yes attending first year of south !!!!

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    In and out in 5 minutes! SO EXCITED!!!

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • FacadeFacade Registered User regular
    San Antonio native here, got me two weekend passes.

See y'all at PAX!

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Happy PAX pass-get day!!!

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Um... I bought tickets but the confirmation page never showed, it was just blank. Now when I go back I get a message that "your reservation has been checked out". Does that mean I got them? I don't have any confirmation and don't want to buy double.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • NinjinNinjin ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Three Day Passes: LOW

...twenty minutes, wow a new PAX really does sell a bit slower.

• KarickKarick Registered User regular
    I couldn't get tickets to Prime but I got 3 day for South. Works for me.

• CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Whoo, got my three day. Excited to be going!

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • fynixfynix Registered User regular
    Mods, feel free to move this or something if this isn't in the right place, but does anyone remember the link to the spreadsheet that existed with all the dates/times of when badges went on sale in the past? (& their respective distances to the con?)

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I got my mine. And good on the PAX team for delivering on their first estimate of a sales date.

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    fynix wrote: »
    Mods, feel free to move this or something if this isn't in the right place, but does anyone remember the link to the spreadsheet that existed with all the dates/times of when badges went on sale in the past? (& their respective distances to the con?)

That is right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AilPyWyh2FlbdGtjaG1pYjlMWENKaEdxY2dGRU95V1E&usp=sharing

I will add South to it now that it is on sale.

Edit: changed the link to the non-mobile version.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    So are there any mods on? I e-mailed pax site questions and reed expo questions but nothing yet. Do I just risk buying again and paying double?

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • fynixfynix Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

That is right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AilPyWyh2FlbdGtjaG1pYjlMWENKaEdxY2dGRU95V1E&usp=sharing

I will add South to it now that it is on sale.

Thank you very much! :smiley:

I'm really surprised there are no mods on or any help during a sale. I bought again and this time got a confirmation so hopefully I'm not double billed now...

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »
    I'm really surprised there are no mods on or any help during a sale. I bought again and this time got a confirmation so hopefully I'm not double billed now...

If you used the same email just log into your Showclix account t that was created and it will tell you how many you have.

IhtGIyi.png
  • amidwxamidwx Registered User new member
    edited July 2014
    Um... I bought tickets but the confirmation page never showed, it was just blank. Now when I go back I get a message that "your reservation has been checked out". Does that mean I got them? I don't have any confirmation and don't want to buy double.

This also happened to me - no confirmation on the first try, blank page, no email.

I ended up going through the reservation process again since I never got a confirmation on the first one, and now I have two charges on my credit card. :( Hopefully the first one was just a temporary charge and will fall off since the sale didn't complete.

amidwx on
  • LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Ninjin wrote: »

I'm actually surprised that they've already gotten to low by this time. East 2014's ticket release was announced a day early and they sold out 3-days in 45 minutes. South's 3-days are almost gone and it hasn't even been an hour yet... and that's for a first-time convention.

Lazorz on
  • Lnrt87Lnrt87 KansasRegistered User regular
    Just scored badges for me and 3 friends. Hopefully they can all go... Anyway I think it will be a straight shot drive down 83 highway for us.

edited July 2014
    3-days are now SOLD OUT as of 11:27am PST. There are a few trickling in and out, but as far as I see they're gone.

Lazorz on
  • AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    Ninjin wrote: »

I'm actually surprised that they've already gotten to low by this time. East 2014's ticket release was announced a day early and they sold out 3-days in 45 minutes. South's 3-days are almost gone and it hasn't even been an hour yet... and that's for a first-time convention.

It doubling as a vacay for me. I'm loving the chance to get out of the NYC cold in January and enjoy some TX sunshine...

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    3-days are now SOLD OUT as of 11:27am PST. There are a few trickling in and out, but as far as I see they're gone.

I saw them as low until 11:34 AM PST

YoungFrey on
    YoungFrey wrote: »

I see them as low at 11:32 AM PST
    The PAX website is slow.
    http://www.showclix.com/event/3854062

• KylsixKylsix The Redneck Gamer San Antonio, TXRegistered User new member
    Just moved to San Antonio less than a year ago, was stoked to find out that PAX was coming here (and hopefully Google Fiber soon!). Picked up two tickets myself.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    So are there any mods on? I e-mailed pax site questions and reed expo questions but nothing yet. Do I just risk buying again and paying double?
    Forum moderators don't have any insight into this. You'll have to ask pax through those emails or through the official pax twitter.

SkeleVader wrote: »
    If you used the same email just log into your Showclix account t that was created and it will tell you how many you have.
    This is a very good plan. Go to http://showclix.com and click on "my tickets"

• KeitreKeitre Registered User regular
    Also should have gotten an e-mail.

• JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Actually made my badge and hotel purchases on my phone this time. Worked amazingly well. Also, its about time to have PAXers in my neck of the woods! Welcome home to Texas y'all! :)

• KassKass Registered User regular
    Holy hell, I live in San Antonio. How did I not know there was a PAX coming here? The weekend passes were sold out already but was able to pick up a one day pass for each day. I'm stoked to finally be able to attend a PAX! See you all there.

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Didn't get here in time for 3 day passes but got 3- 1 day passes. Super stoked!

This space for rent
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Fuck my ass those 3days sell out fast. Bit miffed I had to shell out an extra $30 for all the passes, but whatever at least I got em I guess.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • jmb83jmb83 Registered User regular
    Glad I got here in time for the single day passes at least. No way I was going to give out over $200 for a weekend pass, and yes that is what scalpers have them for on ebay, though some are lower, at the moment.

• toddiuszhotoddiuszho Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Not sure what to do here. Submitting my order resulted in a blank page. 4.5 hours later, I have yet to receive an email confirmation. My credit card company shows a pending transaction for the right amount. I cannot "login to my Showclix account" because I was never given an opportunity to submit a password. In fact, since the form only asked me to enter my email once, there's a chance I typed in the wrong email.

I'm also nervous about how the "4 passes" limit really works. I wanted to attend 3 days. The 3 day passes were sold out. So I bought 4 passes per day, for 12 passes total. Will it be draconian and say
    "12 > 4" and automatically refund me? Or will it be nice and say "4 per day is still equal or less than 4" ??? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What I do know is that is says no refunds. So if I buy more tickets in self-defense, I will be billed for more tickets than I can handle. Or maybe the system will say 4 days of tickets in one order from the same address as another 4 days of ticket in a second order means "8 > 4", so refund ALL the tickets!!

toddiuszho on
    4 weekends worth of badges is the limit prior to being flagged. equivalent single days is fine.

as for the other issue, http://twitter.com/official_pax tweeted the phone number for showclix earlier today, and you can email paxquestions@reedexpo.com

• toddiuszhotoddiuszho Registered User regular
    Thanks zerzhul for alleviating my concerns about flagging! I will work directly with Showclix about my other concerns.

• npreecsnpreecs Registered User regular
    Man, my very first PAX, just down the street. I'm excited to be able to go this year. Got tickets and hotel and everything. Now I just need to figure out what sort of things to do while I'm there and what to get excited for.

Xbox Live: Spunkrake -- Looking to build a friend list!