As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take your stinkin' paws off me ya damn dirty [MOVIES]

19495969798100»

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sophie Marceau is always gorgeous though.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Brosnan was fine as Bond, he unfortunately had nothing but bad movies after Goldeneye

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I remember when they announced Brosnan my first thought was perfect! Then I watched goldeneye and while I enjoyed the movie, there was something about Brosnan that just didn't fit the part to me.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Get to work, go in the breakroom and theirs a Brosnan bond on.

Not sure which is worse, Pierce Brosnan as Bond or Denise Richards playing some sort of scientist disarming a bomb in a speeding tunnel.

I believe that is The World is Not Enough, Denise Richards plays a scientist named Christmas Jones and the movie ends with Bond making a joke about "I thought Christmas only came once a year."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That is a great line. This movie is forgiven.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    CHRISTMAS JONES

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    As bad as that movie is I've always thought that line is one of the best double entendres in the series

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    what's unbelieveable about that movie is Denise Richards being a scientist

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Mysst wrote: »
    what's unbelieveable about that movie is Denise Richards being a scientist

The Onion just retweeted this AV Club piece into my feed, and I'm not even going to read it before linking because I am certain that this will be in it:
    http://www.avclub.com/article/just-add-glasses-13-actors-improbably-cast-scienti-206513?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Default:1:Default

edit: third on the list. Nice.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Yeah but that list also has Mickey Rourke in Iron Man 2.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    She was basically called Christmas so that Bond could make that joke, I reckon

thank you for your contribution to women's emancipation, Denise!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Who was a pretty shitty scientist

He was a fun character but he basically just grumbled a lot and killed people

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Who was a pretty shitty scientist

He was a fun character but he basically just grumbled a lot and killed people
    He did also prove that you can only build a prototype arc reactor with scraps in a cave-like dwelling.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    That list also lists Bill Murray's Peter Venkman as "miscast"

So I can't trust it entirely

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

They explain this though

They say he is super entertaining and wonderful but it is hard to see how he got through his PHD program

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I literally just listened to a Judge John Hodgman podcast where he was talking about the Venkman issue
    It was playing as I was reading

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Peter Venkman has degrees in psychology and parapsychology.

I can't speak for the psychology degree, but I always assumed the parapsychology degree was basically a sham (even he doesn't believe ghosts are real or anything until he actually sees one) and he only got it because it was easy to get and allowed him to conduct whatever goofball experiment he could come up with and make the university pay for it.

• Options
    I picture them writing that line then just high fiving the shit out of each other.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »

They explain this though

They say he is super entertaining and wonderful but it is hard to see how he got through his PHD program

To be fair, this is late 70s/early 80s. Venkman could easily decide that getting into Psychology would be a great way to get cash (granted, huge upfront cost, but you sit in a chair and listen to people talk and they pay you!) and meet some women (either through the profession or because he'd be rich). Why he teams up with Stanz and Spengler in para-psychology is a bit of a mystery though (though probably because they were getting grant money for experiments he knew were not likely to work, so essentially free money and again, able to meet women).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I have certified bad opinions of Blade Runner. But it has excellent visuals.

I have no problem with people who dislike Blade Runner or 2001 for example, as long as they accept why they're hailed as masterpieces. Liking something and appreciating something can often be totally separate things.

Bubby on
This discussion has been closed.