As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread is old, use the new thread!

1929394959698»

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I have 0 Myth tomes. What are those things and where do I get them?

Also, I just unlocked Haukke Manor if 3 other people want to go with me and see me squeeeeee through the dungeon for the first time. I can heal?

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Sorry to ask again, but: Linkshells. How do I check which ones there are or even get into one? I don't understand how they work.

Linkshells are basically just private chat rooms. There is no listing of them I believe, anyone can make one and you can be part of up to 8 different linkshells at a time.

They are used for a wide variety of things, from keeping in touch with friends, to putting together raids, to communicating for common goals.

For instance i'm in a Linkshell with my raid group members, one for tracking down Hunts, and one for PvP with nothing but Maelstrom people in it to coordinate Frontline group formation.

You can create one by talking to the linkshell moogle in each of the major cities.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I have 0 Myth tomes. What are those things and where do I get them?

Also, I just unlocked Haukke Manor if 3 other people want to go with me and see me squeeeeee through the dungeon for the first time. I can heal?

High level dungeon currency. I "think" they start showing up at stone vigil in really small numbers like 8 per boss or something. All the lvl 50 dungeons drop much more. You use them to buy high level gear as basically starter raiding sets. You have a lot of gearing options these days so it's not the only avenue though. You also use them for different parts of basically every stage of the relic weapon process. And crafters get top level materials too

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I need more Myth tombs, been only getting about 200-300 a day doing the Roulette Low Level and Main Scenario. I know I gotta unlock the High Level Roulette but I have to do the hard mode dungeons first.

Find me if you want to do dungeons.

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Sorry to ask again, but: Linkshells. How do I check which ones there are or even get into one? I don't understand how they work.

Linkshells are basically just private chat rooms. There is no listing of them I believe, anyone can make one and you can be part of up to 8 different linkshells at a time.

They are used for a wide variety of things, from keeping in touch with friends, to putting together raids, to communicating for common goals.

For instance i'm in a Linkshell with my raid group members, one for tracking down Hunts, and one for PvP with nothing but Maelstrom people in it to coordinate Frontline group formation.

You can create one by talking to the linkshell moogle in each of the major cities.

I need to get into some of these linkshells!

Also, http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2abxyz/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23_crafting/ for people who want to get into crafting.

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    krylon666 wrote: »
    Hey, is anyone playing on Ultros? A few of my friends started playing this recently and chose that server, so I resubbed to play with them. But if any of you are on Ultros and want to group up or have a FC recommendation, please let me know. I'm currently cruising along with my Marauder. Just hit 20 and finished the first two instances last night. Tonight I look forward to sorting out a Giant situation in the Copperbell Mines.

After hearing a lot of praise for fishing (which makes sense), I decided to level that up a bit. Up to level 11 now, loving my new hat. What should I be doing with my fish? Is it worth taking up alchemy/culinary to utilize fish to make pots/meals? (maybe fish are only used in cooking) I'm very clueless to the world of FFXIV crafting.

Well, Hey!

I happen to be on Ultros. 46 BRD right now, although I'm sort of screwing around trying to get all my crafting/gathering classes up to about that level, since story mode progression is locked off for me until I hit 49.

I'm in Terra. They have over 300 members, so there's usually someone around willing to help, and in the month I've been there I haven't noticed any drama in the GC chat. A majority of the people are already in their 50's, that's probably fairly common nowadays, but there's still a decent smattering of lower levels roaming about.

Hit me up if you want, character's name is Maximum Jay. If you wanted to join the GC I could hook you up with an officer when I'm on.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll look for you in-game. My character is Valar Magulis.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    You know what? A new Patch of this magnitude deserves a NEW THREAD

Long live the new thread!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png