As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wii U] THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Houn: Yeah, I say a guy with a name that was just a very slightly misspelled Hitler (with a Mii to match) in MK8, and I had to play a few matches with this asshat because I had a full lobby and I didn't want to leave. And I kept losing to the guy too, which irritated me a lot.

• McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    I just relearned how much I dislike Twitter.

One more for the road.
    BsL2RhwCMAAIJeF_zpsd7471f42.jpg

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    Houn: Yeah, I say a guy with a name that was just a very slightly misspelled Hitler (with a Mii to match) in MK8, and I had to play a few matches with this asshat because I had a full lobby and I didn't want to leave. And I kept losing to the guy too, which irritated me a lot.

What do you have against James Hotler? He is not responsible for his family's last name! He lives every day with the gasps and the jeers of everyone around him!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    One thing that Nintendo needs to improve is reporting. Like, I don't even know how to report someone for playing MK8 online with a Mii named "Diqqmouth". I ended up racing against this clown, and figured I'd report him, only to find no way to do so from the race lobby. So, after I backed out and went to Friends (which also shows recent players), he wasn't on the list; evidently that list is populated with NNIDs, not the specific Mii you were racing as, so I have no idea who it really was.

C'mon, Nintendo. I'd at least have expected you to get a properly working "Report" button, considering how amazingly anal you are about the sanitation of your online services.

And yes, "Diqqmouth" was designed to looked like he had a dick in his mouth.

Well, you could have gone to Miiverse.

You can't open the Wii Menu from the race lobby, and I'm not sure how that would have helped me find his NNID. When you race as a Mii, it uses that Mii as your name/Mii in the lobby and game instead of your NNID Mii.

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Sporky, you smartass. :p

I meant more like he just put an extra H in front, and the rest was spelled the same.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    McFlynn wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you can always use http://i.nintendo.net and upload direct to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or any combination of them.

I typically upload to Tumblr and just grab the URL from there.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

That's neat.

Typically a Tumblr upload has a little less compression than the Miiverse upload as well.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    ... please keep your hands above the table when playing bayonetta 2...

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Keep in mind that you can always use http://i.nintendo.net and upload direct to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or any combination of them.

I typically upload to Tumblr and just grab the URL from there.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

That's neat.

Typically a Tumblr upload has a little less compression than the Miiverse upload as well.

Again, I feel I'm pretty in the know with Nintendo stuff, but I had no idea I could do this!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
      Cheers for the screenshot advice guys, I'll be trying that out as soon as I get chance.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
      PSN: SirGrinchX
      Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
      edited July 2014
      Ok, I just took a screen grab and uploaded it to all 4 sites to see if I could compare them. I got a slightly higher resolution since I chose the image off the TV instead of the Gamepad (I'm playing off TV at the moment, and it was a pain to mess with that with Pikmin but on Mario Kart it's no bigs.

It appears that I got different resolutions from the different websites and different file sizes. The Facebook one and the Tumblr one look almost, if not, identical but have different resolutions and the Facebook one is about a fourth the filesize.

Examples:
      Facebook
      GV84MZx.jpg

Miiverse
      RoRoO1r.jpg

Tumblr
      Y7lhdvr.jpg

Twitter
      mt9UVzC.jpg

McFlynn on
    • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      Can't you upload screenshots directly to imgur now? Didn't they add that in the latest firmware update or did I dream that?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
      edited July 2014
      That's really neat - we've been playing a ton of Nintendoland as a family - it would be cool to post occasional pics on Facebook of me gloating at how much I dominate them at Mario Chase.

Lindsay Lohan on
      That's really neat - we've been playing a ton of Nintendoland as a family - it would be cool to post occasional pics on Facebook of me gloating at how much I dominate them at Mario Chase.

You're a bully!

edited July 2014
        Ok, I just took a screen grab and uploaded it to all 4 sites to see if I could compare them. I got a slightly higher resolution since I chose the image off the TV instead of the Gamepad (I'm playing off TV at the moment, and it was a pain to mess with that with Pikmin but on Mario Kart it's no bigs.

It appears that I got different resolutions from the different websites and different file sizes. The Facebook one and the Tumblr one look almost, if not, identical but have different resolutions and the Facebook one is about a fourth the filesize.

Examples:
        Facebook
        GV84MZx.jpg

Miiverse
        RoRoO1r.jpg

Tumblr
        Y7lhdvr.jpg

Twitter
        mt9UVzC.jpg

999x562, what the hell.

EDIT: Wait nevermind, that's full 720. The pics were squished a bit by auto resizing.

UncleSporky on
        Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
        Maz- wrote: »
        Can't you upload screenshots directly to imgur now? Didn't they add that in the latest firmware update or did I dream that?

You can feasibly upload to just about any image hosting site, really, just some don't play friendly with the Wii U browser. Supposedly stuff like copy.com and minus.com work fine though.

FU7kFbw.png
      • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
        I wish you could just save the shots to the storage if you aren't connected to the Internet.
        I'm glad to see screenshots now available though. Even though it's fairly tacked on still with the 3DS.

So someone with a computer able to tell us which upload site has the best resolution/quality? I don't mind moving images after upload if I can at least start with a good image.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
        From looking above it seems Tumblr might be best, since it's at full resolution, and as McFlynn says that Facebook's is 1/4th the file size I would guess there is less compression too. Though the ones pictured above are all re-uploads to imgur which adds its own compression.

Well, since we're posting screenshots now, here's a sampling from my archives:

tumblr_n7peror76T1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6mohfeJ4k1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1n7rlo3xQ1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1hizbJTMl1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n1fplpv4wA1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0ro5c82j41rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxxn856am21rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxu40lt5mF1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwupcjvgqj1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwsx8gfx6z1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwng2jl5Jv1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_muso81N2pR1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
      • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
        How is Amazing Spiderman? The screenshot looks really pretty...

It's alright. It can be a bit repetitive, as the Spider-Man games have always been, but it's a good time for the price I paid for it. (<$20)

FU7kFbw.png
        Adequate Spiderman

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
        It's a movie tie-in game. It has it's moments but isn't anything amazing.

Nintendo Console Codes
        Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
        One thing to keep in mind is that screenshot posting can be addicting. My Zelda let's play comprises over 300 Tweets/Tumblr posts, and that's just one game. All the other screenshots and all the times I challenged various forumers by posting Need for Speed times just made things worse.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
        Well, since we're posting screenshots now, here's a sampling from my archives:

tumblr_mwupcjvgqj1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

I hated getting the three stars on this level.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
      • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
        @Houn call customer support and let them know that its offending you and the lack of tool s to report it is a big oversight. Its not hard to patch something like that in and Nintendo would definitely do it of they got enough complaints

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
      • KysennaKysenna Registered User regular
        Taramoor wrote: »
        tumblr_n8hntp6vRw1ruozqto1_500.jpg

Woo! My first let's play sort of thing. Never beaten Zelda 1 before and did it without a guide.

Still a really great game.

You can get to Zelda without killing the flames...? All these years and I've never tried it - schoolyard rumor was that touching those flames was an insta-kill, heh.

Anyway, grats on beating Zelda 1! :) I agree, it holds up amazingly well.

sig.gif
      • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
        edited July 2014
        Kysenna wrote: »

Woo! My first let's play sort of thing. Never beaten Zelda 1 before and did it without a guide.

You can get to Zelda without killing the flames...? All these years and I've never tried it - schoolyard rumor was that touching those flames was an insta-kill, heh.

The flames didn't kill me, although my playthrough did have some pretty funny moments.

tumblr_n8hmjeDvIe1ruozqto1_500.jpg

Sigh.

EDIT: http://taramoor.tumblr.com/tagged/zelda/page/46

I was wrong. 460 images. That seems like a lot for one game.

Taramoor on
      • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
        Oh god Wonderful 101 is so charming and rage-inducing... just like all my other WiiU games... wait a minute...

Speaking of charming and rage-inducing, I've been eyeballing the Wii Punch-Out. Should I?

ygPIJ.gif
        Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
        Oh god Wonderful 101 is so charming and rage-inducing... just like all my other WiiU games... wait a minute...

Speaking of charming and rage-inducing, I've been eyeballing the Wii Punch-Out. Should I?

Yes yea a thousand times yes

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
      • physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
        skeldare wrote: »

Yes yea a thousand times yes

Punch Out Wii is everything an update to such a classic game should be. Which reminds me I still have stars to get, but I probably already lost all of my hard-earned skills at it.

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
        Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
        Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
      • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
        Speaking of Punch Out and W101...

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
        Buddy and I are trying to system link WiiUs for extinction in Ghosts but neither can see the other when joining. Anyone got insight into possible router configs that would help? Both connect to interwebz just fine.

CoD:Ghosts has LAN Play? I had no idea.

FU7kFbw.png
          Allegedly... let you know ifit works!

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
            edited July 2014
            Kysenna wrote: »

The flames didn't kill me, although my playthrough did have some pretty funny moments.

tumblr_n8hmjeDvIe1ruozqto1_500.jpg

Sigh.

EDIT: http://taramoor.tumblr.com/tagged/zelda/page/46

I was wrong. 460 images. That seems like a lot for one game.

I love that you can't find level 2

Edit: Also it's hilarious with as much as you use bombs, you totally skipped the bomb capacity upgrade :D haha

I was also going to laugh if you couldn't get to Ganon after missing the Lion Key :P

Warlock82 on
            Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
          • Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
            Speaking of reporting people.

8jaY7W0.jpg

The guy's comment used to say "not as swampy as my buttcrack slurp slurp slurp."

That man deserves a medal.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
            Misleading thread title! I thought Bayonetta 2 was somehow spreading

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Embrace the WiiU love and it will love you back.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
            // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //

Bayonetta is not herpes!

Nintendo Console Codes
            PM Me if you add me!
            HAIL HYDRA
          • ZythonZython Registered User regular
            skeldare wrote: »

Bayonetta is not herpes!

But does Baoynetta HAVE herpes? :open_mouth:
            No, don't be stupid.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
            Steam: pazython