As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Previews O' Plenty

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    august wrote: »
    Looks cool. but the writing has given me NO reason to care about any of those people.

The only ones whose IDs we know are Jubes, Chamber, Beak and Angel, and no one's really ever cared about Beak and Angel anyways. If more of them turn out to be established characters then that'll neatly slide in all the character development we'll need.

I liked the use of Omega Red tentacles, btw, especially given he almost killed Jubes not so long ago.

Scooter on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I cared about Beak and Angel...

Sars_Boy on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Yay more Initiative. Yay more Order.

Indeed, considering that for a long time a big complaint was that there were no 'new' heroes that were good, the fact that I have two series I like now with pretty much entirely new characters is awesome. (And the writing in The Order is hilarious)

LockeCole on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Talking Gotham Underground with Frank Tieri.

Just by reading the cameo list, I can see why they needed to add an issue. Looks to be a 'great slightly larger than mini series.'

But hey, it's Frank Tieri.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Has Frank Tieri ever written anything good? I'm still at a loss as to why DC signed an exclusive with him.

Munch on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    I hope Nightwing re-learns how to fight when Tomasi takes over his book

every single person he's met in the Wolfman issues has kicked his ass

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Has Frank Tieri ever written anything good? I'm still at a loss as to why DC signed an exclusive with him.

Apparently so, considering many praise him. I can't comment on his Marvel stuff, but his JSA Classified arc was good.

Bad Karma on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Apparently so, considering many praise him. I can't comment on his Marvel stuff, but his JSA Classified arc was good.

yeah, but the second biggest line at WizardWorld Philadelphia was for Michael Turner, so praise doesn't dictate talent

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Keith wrote: »

yeah, but the second biggest line at WizardWorld Philadelphia was for Michael Turner, so praise doesn't dictate talent

Either that or the entire comic book loving of Philadelphia are retarded. But lets face it, Michael Turner is still somehow a big name, I don't see it...but he is.

Bad Karma on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hey, wait a minute. Frank Tieri wrote Underworld for Marvel, which was great. He also did Civil War: War Crimes, and he's doing WWH: Gamma Corps right now.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Exactly Mask.

Exactly.

Munch on
    edited September 2007
    Different strokes Munch.

Bad Karma on
    edited September 2007
    I'm not following you. I like those books.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    From what I've heard Gamma Corps is all around shit.

Sars_Boy on
    edited September 2007
    I hope Nightwing re-learns how to fight when Tomasi takes over his book

every single person he's met in the Wolfman issues has kicked his ass

Well, he's kicking ass in the preview...sooo...maybe you should check it out.

Bad Karma on
    edited September 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    From what I've heard Gamma Corps is all around shit.

I can't disagree with this enough.

wwtMask on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man, I just...

What's good about Gamma Corps?

I mean, I like pretty much all of WWH except for Frontline and Gamma Corps. GC just isn't working for me, at all.

To be fair, it doesn't make me actually angry like Frontline does.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2007
    I dunno, I guess I like watching these anti-Hulk dudes getting all pumped up and confident in their ability to take the Hulk out. I like that they have reasons for hating the Hulk that are as inadequate as their ability to beat the Hulk. I like that Ryker has some backstory and that he has an almost J. Jonah Jameson type fixation with Hulk. Mostly, though, I'm liking the build up to those guys getting smashed to hell by Hulk.

As an aside, it's pretty fucking funny that these five clowns can get Hulk down but the combined efforts of the fucking X-MEN couldn't.

wwtMask on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Order seems interesting. Anyone reading it?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2007
    The Order is really, really good, and I know a few people here read it. I'm not sure how it's doing saleswise though.

DJ Eebs on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Either that or the entire comic book loving of Philadelphia are retarded. But lets face it, Michael Turner is still somehow a big name, I don't see it...but he is.

daniel way is the best selling comic writer for his generation or something.

i don't know what that means but I know it isn't good.

Bloods End on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It is terrible.

DouglasDanger on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gamma Corp is ok I guess, but it's so pointless. Everyone in it other than Hulk was made up just for this comic, and we know they're not going to beat Hulk, and it'll really have no effect on WWH. At least the X-Men book was using characters we care something about. Hulk could kill every member of Gamma Corp and I'd figure that was a decent ending.

Scooter on
    edited September 2007
    It's pretty much the only way it can end, really. Every one of the Gamma Corps is defined by his or her hate for Hulk, but Hulk is way too strong to beat, and I can't see a reason for any of them to live on.

wwtMask on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Gamma Corps go on to be continual thorns in the Hulk's green side for some time to come. I don't think the Hulk (the way he is written currently) would kill a bunch of losers who hate him because of terrible things he did in the past (or did he? I don't even know anymore).

Caveman Paws on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Order is really, really good, and I know a few people here read it. I'm not sure how it's doing saleswise though.

I bought the first issue and enjoyed it, forgot about the second and just saw that #3 is coming out. Not sure if I'll pick it up or not

smokmnky on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    As an aside, it's pretty fucking funny that these five clowns can get Hulk down but the combined efforts of the fucking X-MEN couldn't.

That's because WWH: X-Men was well-done, and Gamma Corps is a giant steaming piece of shit.
    wwtMask wrote: »
    It's pretty much the only way it can end, really. Every one of the Gamma Corps is defined by his or her hate for Hulk, but Hulk is way too strong to beat, and I can't see a reason for any of them to live on.

The serums that made them should kill them like it killed the Marines who attacked the Blue Area in Silent War.

Crimsondude on
    edited September 2007
    I'll just say that Hulk is not taking these guys seriously. I mean, it is Ryker, who he handled pretty neatly before.

wwtMask on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That too. I mean, he seemed to put some real effort into fighting them. These guys...

Man, I hope to God he fucks them up so badly.

Crimsondude on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mess will start crying about her baby and Hulk will feel bad, cue figurative chink in the armor, leading to his ultimate downfall.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited September 2007
    I predict he'll beat them to within an inch of their lives but not kill them. Ryker might get killed though, but Hulk won't do it intentionally.

wwtMask on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Textless preview for Mighty Avengers #5 is up at Newsarama.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=130713

MightyAvengers05preview2.jpg
    MightyAvengers05preview5.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Apparently the power of 10,000 stars doesn't make up for a glass jaw.

Fucking Sentry.

Caveman Paws on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I hope Ultron just eats him and thats the end of that. Maybe have her blow up from absorbing too much power or something. Yay resolution.

PantheraOnca on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    One million suns, thank you very much. Though honestly, what's with his eyes? That's some creepy Void-esque shit right there.

Wildcat on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    BITCH JUST KILLED HIS WIFE.

I'd imagine he would be fucking pissed.

Transporter on
    edited September 2007
    Guys, Marvel Previews says that Exiles is ending with #100. However, apparently there's going to be a "New Exiles".

Also, it appears that Finch is doing all the covers for the Messiah Complex issues.

wwtMask on
    edited September 2007
    Hey dudes, here's an interview with Peter David about She-Hulk, complete with some pretty pictures: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=130818

wwtMask on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I would have really liked to go back and collect Exiles (my OCD won't allow me to jump on halfway through when it's possible to go back to the beginning), but there are too many trades and the smaller floppy trades are actually a fair bit more expensive for me than the hardcovers (shipping costs are quite a bit less).

It's a shame it never rated the Supersized Hardcover treatment, I would have picked those up without a doubt.

Maybe I can start off with New Exiles instead...

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ugh.... does anyone else notice Sentry's BLACK EYES? Return of the Void?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.