As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread bleh, use new thread.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I need more Myth tombs, been only getting about 200-300 a day doing the Roulette Low Level and Main Scenario. I know I gotta unlock the High Level Roulette but I have to do the hard mode dungeons first.

I wanted to address this from the last thread, but seriously, join a Hunt group and get access to one (or more) of the Hunt linkshells going on on your server. Getting full participation on S ranks gets you 200 myth, 20 soldiery and like 50 allied notes or something, full for A ranks is less than that, but still good and actually mostly be what you're be killing but still. And you can also get your job AF/myth gear, the ilvl 90 stuff for allied notes as well for super cheap, like 20-40 depending on the slot.

It's really really easy to get geared up this patch.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    It should be said that hunts on a server as populated as Sarg are bullshit. Someone always jumps the gun.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    After reading the OP Content Updates link, it seems that I can do Coil Turn 1 after I finish one other quest. Is that duty finder accessible or do I have to /shout somewhere to find a party? >.>

EDIT:Oh...I need to have ilevel 70. But still it's something I gotta look into...

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I don't know what kind of money you have but you could buy full i70

Damn it I really want to get in this game. Computer down is rough. I have to spend all this time outside

• Options
    I could....or try my luck in lv.50/HM dungeons and save my Gil. If anything I need to get a 70 ring since I cannot buy two of the same myth rings.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I could....or try my luck in lv.50/HM dungeons and save my Gil. If anything I need to get a 70 ring since I cannot buy two of the same myth rings.

You also get soldiery from the HM dungeons (among other things) with which you can purchase an ilvl 100 soldiery ring to solve your dilemma :)

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

You also get soldiery from the HM dungeons (among other things) with which you can purchase an ilvl 100 soldiery ring to solve your dilemma :)

Hmmmm....depends on how much this is going for...

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Oh, next time I run TTHM, and we get to the "moment of intimacy" folio, I'm going to say "So, do you think she meant enjoying the scenery alone, or did she mean..."

I'm pretty sure they won't kick the tank...

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Who's lala nursery is that?

Actual proper personal housing is going to create a nasty bubble in the market. I also have no idea how I'm going to furnish both the personal chamber and a personal home without making one or the other the poor step-kid.

Maybe I'll convert the personal chamber into an extension to the FC house...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I'm half tempted to partner up with someone and make the personal house a shared Beach house in the Mists or something.

• Options

Hmmmm....depends on how much this is going for...

Urrrk, Str AND Dex?
    I'd say keep running HM dungeons and go for the Darklight ring at the very least. Garuda EX also drops pretty darn optimal ilvl90 rings for most jobs but getting a farming group for her may be a bit tricky with ST being the hot new thing.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Really like the new hairstyles!

mI8uqjZ.jpg

Also Kitty squad assemble!

7AgkK6o.jpg

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Additionally here is a really intersting interview with Yoshi P post 2.3 patch about what the patch contains and his thoughts on various aspects of it:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/179440-Dengeki-Online-Post-2.3-Interview-with-Yoshi-P-2.3-highlights-and-future-plans

A very fascinating read.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I'm very excited to see what "future plans" means in the context of the next live letter.

Still pretty stoked about his comment about the expansion jobs being a tank and a healer.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    A surprising amount of the quests you do kind of land in a weird morally grey area. Some are just down right mean.

In one quest a primitive tribe stole some food from a nearby farm (IIRC) and you, our stalwart hero, were tasked with the job of laying waste to the tribe in retribution.

One thing that blew my mind was the fact that they straight up execute anyone who has been influenced by the Primals (that's some 40K shit right there). At first I thought that plot point would become part of a greater quest in which you figure out how to "cure" those people, but no, everyone seems pretty satisfied with the status quo.

And don't get me started on the number of implied rapes I came across.

Eorzea is not a very ultra-good vs ultra-evil place like many MMOs. Most people fall somewhere inbetween.

Point of fact, I love the game for it.

It makes me very excited for the expansion, since they commented that the story would take quite a dark turn that is typically unseen in the FF series.

I'm probably not as far as the story as you, but the background for Haukke Manor really blew me away. Really dark, really good. I've definitely been taking my time and reading the quest text and it's been worth it.

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Really like the new hairstyles!
    mI8uqjZ.jpg

Are these hairstyles from the Aesthetician?
    Yukira wrote: »
    I'm half tempted to partner up with someone and make the personal house a shared Beach house in the Mists or something.

Hello future housemate

Chubby Bunny on

• Options
    Additionally here is a really intersting interview with Yoshi P post 2.3 patch about what the patch contains and his thoughts on various aspects of it:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/179440-Dengeki-Online-Post-2.3-Interview-with-Yoshi-P-2.3-highlights-and-future-plans

A very fascinating read.
    In the previous Producer Letter Live, it was mentioned that the Sand and Oil of Time would be made obtainable as well. When will those be introduced?

We plan to introduce them within the 2.3x series of patches. The exact timing will depend on everyone's average item level as well as progression. But we don't intend to hold them out until 2.4 or anything.

Why do you lie to us, Yoshi? I won an oil drop in the tower last night.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    has anyone made a compilation of all the immortal flames gear? i've seen maelstrom and twin adders... i just want to know if i need to change GCs and i'm living vicariously through you all for the moment!

• Options
    has anyone made a compilation of all the immortal flames gear? i've seen maelstrom and twin adders... i just want to know if i need to change GCs and i'm living vicariously through you all for the moment!

http://imgur.com/lSQ8mSK

Is that it?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I actually am curious if there's some sort of website which has all the various looks for gear and such, to help decide what to go towards for Glamour?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    I actually am curious if there's some sort of website which has all the various looks for gear and such, to help decide what to go towards for Glamour?

Just curious when do/ how do you start accessing Glamour? I hadnt really looked into it much.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Just curious when do/ how do you start accessing Glamour? I hadnt really looked into it much.

At level 50. There is a quest that you have to run in Mor Dhona. Once that's done, you can use proper level prisms to glamour your armor. If you want to make prisms, you need the proper DOH class at 50, complete a quest, then buy the Glamour Prism master recipe book.

• Options
    Is glamour the thing that lets you make items look like other items? If so, how extensive is it? E.g. can I be a Scholar but have everything look like heavy armor?

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

At level 50. There is a quest that you have to run in Mor Dhona. Once that's done, you can use proper level prisms to glamour your armor. If you want to make prisms, you need the proper DOH class at 50, complete a quest, then buy the Glamour Prism master recipe book.

Cool thanks...If figured it was a little ways out from where I am now. I am only mid 30's mucking about with other classes has dramatically slowed down my progress. Probably should have done this sooner I am finding I like some better than my War main.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Welcome back campaign was delayed and will not be this weekend:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/178953-WELCOME-BACK-CAMPAIGN?p=2255380#post2255380
    Greetings,

Sorry for the late update on this, but we'll be pushing back the Welcome Back campaign start time and it will not be this weekend. We'll make an official announcement on Lodestone once the campaign details have been finalized!

As usual I wouldn't recommend reading the response from the players posting on the official forums :D

delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Cool thanks...If figured it was a little ways out from where I am now. I am only mid 30's mucking about with other classes has dramatically slowed down my progress. Probably should have done this sooner I am finding I like some better than my War main.

Nothing wrong with that. The class system in this game is awesome and practically encourages that type of exploration once you're regularly partying with people. I'm level 36 right now and I've done a lot of mucking around that's resulted in me far out-leveling the current part of the story I'm in. It's to the point where I'm considering leveling another class to my point in the story and just going from there.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Is glamour the thing that lets you make items look like other items? If so, how extensive is it? E.g. can I be a Scholar but have everything look like heavy armor?

You can only glamorise items into stuff you can wear. No WHMs running around looking like spoony bards. However, that doesn't stop the heavy armour guys running around in dresses. Or in their underwear/swimsuits.

Takel on
  • Options
    @Delphinidaes‌ Do you think I should wait?

• Options
    @Delphinidaes‌ Do you think I should wait?

For the welcome back weekend? I'm not sure, it's up to you.

I think the game is fantastic personally and the numbers seem to support that (over 2 million subscribers, and it's about to launch in China where it will probably pick up twice that.)

I mean for myself I subbed for a year and have yet to regret that decision.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Given the nature of the game, I don't really need more than one character. Which means the sub will be even cheaper.

• Options
    Given the nature of the game, I don't really need more than one character. Which means the sub will be even cheaper.

Yup, I went for the classic sub (up to 8 characters) because I figured at some point I would make an alt character ( which I did)

But for the most part I just play my main with all the jobs and such. It's a pretty awesome system. Only drawback is weekly lockout so it's tough to gear up more than one class in end game, but as the interview mentions it seems their answer to that is to release stuff like CT and such to augment your typical weekly gains.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Legacy sub price is still delicious and I'll probably just never unsub.

My ffxi sub is still going and I haven't played since... Yeah, I dunno, xiv coming out I guess.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Waitin' patiently for someone to invite meeee :<

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Finally hopped into Frontlines now that they fixed the queues and... Wow.

Very difficult to get people to understand that point control >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else. So far I've seen exactly zero games won by killing the NPCs in the middle, and every game won by whichever team manages to control 3+ points consistently.

I do like that the Maelstrom gets the best battle cry: "Till Sea Swallows All!"

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Waitin' patiently for someone to invite meeee :<

What's the character name?

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I don't know what it is, but I'm just not feeling the combat system. I got Lancer to 30 and unlocked Dragoon, but I think I may reroll as a Thaumaturge. I worry that I have conflicting goals here, though.

I like to be able to watch the action. Between staring down at the row of powers to track cooldowns, and shuffling around to dodge AOEs and set up positional attacks, I don't really have a good idea of what combat actually looks like. I couldn't describe the animation for a single one of my attacks, beyond "the pointy end goes in the other man", or what tells monsters give before taking actions, aside from ground indicators. Attacking from range might mitigate that a little?

But I also like to solo. I only team when story advancement forces it, generally. And Thaumaturge seems like it may have more trouble with that than I'd be happy with. Archer seems like it would be fun, but then it turns into Bard, which doesn't appeal at all. Maybe Summoner? But I've never done super well with pet controls.

It's frustrating, because I really like the look of the game, and it's got an intriguing story so far... and because I want to do all this class experimentation on a character who hasn't wasted all their low-level quests on a job I don't expect to stick with. But the servers I'm interested in only open up for new registration between 2 and 5AM.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Going from Archer to Bard changes essentially nothing about how the class plays. It's still a ranged bow-using DPS.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't know what it is, but I'm just not feeling the combat system. I got Lancer to 30 and unlocked Dragoon, but I think I may reroll as a Thaumaturge. I worry that I have conflicting goals here, though.

I like to be able to watch the action. Between staring down at the row of powers to track cooldowns, and shuffling around to dodge AOEs and set up positional attacks, I don't really have a good idea of what combat actually looks like. I couldn't describe the animation for a single one of my attacks, beyond "the pointy end goes in the other man", or what tells monsters give before taking actions, aside from ground indicators. Attacking from range might mitigate that a little?

But I also like to solo. I only team when story advancement forces it, generally. And Thaumaturge seems like it may have more trouble with that than I'd be happy with. Archer seems like it would be fun, but then it turns into Bard, which doesn't appeal at all. Maybe Summoner? But I've never done super well with pet controls.

It's frustrating, because I really like the look of the game, and it's got an intriguing story so far... and because I want to do all this class experimentation on a character who hasn't wasted all their low-level quests on a job I don't expect to stick with. But the servers I'm interested in only open up for new registration between 2 and 5AM.

Lancer and Dragoon as slow starters to be sure. Once you get the rotatiosn down at the upper levels you'll spend less time watching your bar and more watching the fight.

As a Bard you can macro everything to a few buttons, but personally I don't use macros but spend a lot of time watching the bar still.

The classes all play really differently. I loved Dragoon but Thaumaturge makes me want to claw my eyes out.

I would suggest finding a class that really clicks with you combat wise, but the combat is a very deliberate pace which I knows turns off some people used to more twitchy MMOs with a lot more spamming involved.

Dragoon for instance is incredibly boring at the start because of how basic the combo is, but in t he later levels you have a lot more abilities and you can weave in off global attacks between cycling your two main combos and it's a lot more fun to me.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    It's kind of sad how little the class changes, to be honest.

I went in to the game expecting it to be a cross between ffxi's hunter and bard, and it's really just a hunter with a refresh spell. Hopefully we get a haste song when the level cap increases. I miss that.

This discussion has been closed.