As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Club PA exclusive pin

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Throw me in the "I'd like variety" group. Maybe use the Club PA pin to focus on characters that wouldn't fit in with most regular sets: Wolf of the Year, Deep Crow, Charles, etc.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Throw me in the "I'd like variety" group. Maybe use the Club PA pin to focus on characters that wouldn't fit in with most regular sets: Wolf of the Year, Deep Crow, Charles, etc.

Excellent idea.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Any Aussies got theres yet? Getting anxious.....

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Any Aussies got theres yet? Getting anxious.....

Just got mine in Perth, WA. Unfortunately it took some damage on the trip over and the pin is a bit bent. I don't want to try bending it back because the last time I tried to bend a pin back in place, it snapped clean off.

I wouldn't say I'm upset about it, exactly. I'm not going to be trading my first Club PA pin unless I decide to sell all my pins together, in which case I won't care anymore. However if this had been a limited edition pin like Hanna or something like that, I'd be super pissed if the pin was bent. I'm not sure exactly how Brian would solve this problem either, because shipping costs have to be kept reasonable for the business. Maybe I'm just the unlucky X% of customers that cop some shipping damage.

Edit: Oh, haha. I was so focused on the bent pin that I didn't notice a bit of misprint damage on the front. The photo isn't that great because my phone camera sucks, but there zero in 2014 has a small raised bump of white paint and gap in the line work of the zero. Looks like something bumped it during printing and moved the ink.

Maybe this sort of thing is impossible to rule out of pin production and will always occur in some small percentage?

El_Funko on
  • silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    El_Funko wrote: »
    Just got mine in Perth, WA. Unfortunately it took some damage on the trip over and the pin is a bit bent. I don't want to try bending it back because the last time I tried to bend a pin back in place, it snapped clean off.

Not expressly advocating you trying to bend the pin back into shape, but I have some success using a fairly simple method of straightening out a pin. Basically the most important thing is that you have something gripping the base of the pin shaft. I basically used two pairs of needle-nose pliers to do it. One at the base to keep the solder point from being snapped and then one above the bend to re-shape it.

I do have a couple of pins that I traded for that have floating pin shafts, where the Pin shaft hasn't come free from the base, but the solder point has broken around the shaft and so the pin spins around the shaft. So the pin is still viable, just not secure, I've not yet done anything about those like re-soldering it together, if anything I'd probably put a tiny drop of super glue in there instead of trying to re-solder it.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Still waiting for mine in Victoria, Australia ....but then again it is the regional backend of nowhere, so I'm not too phased yet...

Update: So yeh it arrived in todays mail /fail
    Mine came out okay as far as printing, has a minor scratch on the gold backing part but ill hopefully be able to buff it.
    Wish we still got baggies on them rather than bouncing around..

Fitzchivalry on
    Well damn. Didn't arrive today, probably Monday. :(

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Ya same, still waiting in Vancouver, Canada. So i would not be too worried

Spy112 on
  • Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Received in Quebec, Canada!

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    El_Funko wrote: »
    Maybe this sort of thing is impossible to rule out of pin production and will always occur in some small percentage?

This is more or less the case, but we obviously want to minimize it/fix it when it happens. Are you going to Aus? We'll bring you a new one. Either way, email merch@penny-arcade.com and let Brian know yours is a misprint - I chatted with him about it already a bit.

• BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    Up, up and away!

Take a look at my pins
  • VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    PA Jamie wrote: »
    This is more or less the case, but we obviously want to minimize it/fix it when it happens. Are you going to Aus? We'll bring you a new one. Either way, email merch@penny-arcade.com and let Brian know yours is a misprint - I chatted with him about it already a bit.

This is why I love you guys.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Mot BuchananMot Buchanan OhioRegistered User regular
    I'm sitting sad here in Ohio... seems the pin is flying to every state but mine....

• InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    It must be a staggered delivery schedule, because I'm in Ohio and I received mine last week. Stay strong!

• RhykerRhyker South CarolinaRegistered User regular
    If this helps I'm in South Carolina, and I got mine on Monday.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    I'm sitting sad here in Ohio... seems the pin is flying to every state but mine....

If it helps I'm on the other side of the planet and I got mine... <3 Hope yours arrives soon :)

If it helps I'm on the other side of the planet and I got mine... <3 Hope yours arrives soon :)

That doesn't help anyone who hasn't got theirs yet AT ALL and you know it >.<

8fuuo_RK.png

That doesn't help anyone who hasn't got theirs yet AT ALL and you know it >.<

I'm just jealous that you can play Wildstar while I got charged 7 times across 2 cards and still got nothing :(

:( hope you were able to get that sorted out

8fuuo_RK.png
    I don't know about the other people waiting for their pin, but I may have the answer for my problem.
    When I first signed up for ClubPA there was a technical error, and even though I paid the $30 price I was listed at the $10 level.
    I'd emailed support about it and was told that it would be taken care of.
    I didn't think about it again.
    A few min ago I went to click on my name on the main site to see when my membership expires and was surprised to see that I was still listed as a $10 member.
    I've already emailed the powers that be about it to see what's up... but I wanted to mention it here.

If you're still waiting on your pin, go check to make sure that you're account is showing up as the correct level.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Did you get the email with the google form to fill out? I would assume that means you're getting the pin.

I may have made a mistake of my own im not sure about....On the email form it asked for address line 1 and 2. 1 for street and 2 for apartment number, building number etc. In Aus, line 2 is generally for suburb, or atleast that's how i know it as....so i put suburb in line 1.....dont think that should be an issue, but i still don't have mine yet....

8fuuo_RK.png
    I could have sworn that I did get a survey... but now I'm not finding one in my emails.
    I back a lot of Kickstarters though... so I may be getting surveys mixed up.
    I'll just wait to hear back from someone at PA

• EzelekEzelek Registered User new member
    Been almost a month since I filled out the Google Docs form, so I thought I'd poke my head onto the Forums and see if anyone had received theirs yet. I live in far-flung Tasmania, so I'm not too concerned yet.

Recipients seem sporadic atm. Some Aussies have received theirs while some from US still haven't got theirs yet.

8fuuo_RK.png
    Recipients seem sporadic atm. Some Aussies have received theirs while some from US still haven't got theirs yet.

Trade you mine for a DLC? :)

Trade you mine for a DLC? :)

AH HAH HAH.......

No

8fuuo_RK.png
    AH HAH HAH.......

No
    You-cut-me-gq5f3w.jpg

I've sent 4 emails in to different addresses trying to get an answer to my problem with my account.... haven't heard back from anyone.
    I sure hope I haven't missed out on my chance to get this pin because of a computer error.

Still haven't got mine or shipping confirmation for it, do i just email customer service or is there someone else organising club pa stuff

8fuuo_RK.png
  • GuruStewGuruStew Registered User staff
    Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster here. It's Brian.

I just wanted to let you know that:

A) We've JUST shipped the second "wave" of Club PA pins. That wave includes the newer members along with a bunch of emails that I had problems confirming before we shipped the first wave (usually because of email matching).

2) There's been a select few people who have written in saying they signed up for $30 level but had their account set at the $10 level. If that's you (Mot) write us an email and I'll send your pin to you ad hoc after confirming the amount paid. It may take a week or two to get that done. I'm also trying to figure out what we can do to change your account to the correct level, but at least I can get you a pin, right?

D) It will take roughly 1-2 weeks for domestic pins to arrive and anywhere from 2-5 weeks for international pins to arrive. So if you are expecting a pin in the States and 3 Mondays have passed, write me an email at merch@penny-arcade.com. If 6 Mondays have passed and you are outside of the US, write to me then. I promise that I want you all to have your rad pins and I'm doing everything I can to make sure each and every one of you gets one.

As always, I appreciate your patience and especially your enthusiasm. Thanks for making Club PA possible, and for reading my really long posts.

Seriously though, I never post in forums. They are terrifying to me. I have dreams that I'm being chased by a forum that I can never quite see. So, uh... hi. You are all very important to me.

• InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    We appreciate all that you do man. Thank you very much for that post!

• RhykerRhyker South CarolinaRegistered User regular
    You have no reason to fear this forum, Brian.

• Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Brian seems like a super nice guy.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Brian traded me a table top tycho in AUS last year can confirm was pleasant with good amount of eye contact during our transaction and a mild aroma A++ would trade again.

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Brian traded me a table top tycho in AUS last year can confirm was pleasant with good amount of eye contact during our transaction and a mild aroma A++ would trade again.

He sounds so dreamy.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • surettesurette kill the switch Boston, MARegistered User regular
    GuruStew wrote: »
    along with a bunch of emails that I had problems confirming before we shipped the first wave (usually because of email matching).
    That includes me, so this is great news. Thanks Brian!

I thought I was your one and only true lov....er...trader... HOW COULD YOU

8fuuo_RK.png
    I gave him a pin and he gave me one.

I gave him a pin and he gave me one.

that is NOT how i remember it.....

8fuuo_RK.png