As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wangshire: Hope nothing else bad happens...

AroducAroduc regular
edited October 2006 in Critical Failures
New Rules Posted Below!

Participants:
monoclemobster.pngLightReaper
capone.jpgRankenphile
muggs.gifGSM
mafiapicig2.pngThe Warlock
mafiaab4.pngCasket
images-5-1.jpgFierceDeity666
marlasinger.jpg<3
mobster.jpgSí Señor
lucky_av.JPGCyberJackal
c_walken.jpgMenace
mafiaPAgorch.jpgAccualt
mugsyavBW.gifKid Presentable
wanggangmafiaJesuits2.jpgJesuits
rum-runner.jpgjdarksun
mobster.gifMuddBudd
P__FrankCostello4.jpgprecisionk
imageyj9.pngBedlam
Bugsy2.gifVoro
yoshimobster.jpgZek
mafiayd1.pngMarx
louisavataren4.pngFilipino Box Spring Hog
km.jpgKingMole
mafiawt1jo8.jpgHylianbunny
RE4.jpgEF
wangshire.jpg3rdrocket
ashgang.jpgAsh-Housewares
jimmyHoffaMafia.pngTheGreat2nd
bogartavatarqs6.jpgNapoleon
brandoav.jpgINeedNoSalt
261862181_0627a45b95_s.jpgFarseerBaradas
Bugsy1.gifCharmy
mobgunsy9.jpgPucker
mobsteravatarnw2.jpgFoomy
drdoomavmk2.pngMechMantis
mafia.jpgOleub
mafiafa0.jpgNinjaGnat
mafia_angelo.jpgCrazy Jesus
263432159_a35fe181db.jpgKKprofit
mobav.jpgDraw On Holy Might
showimgphpoy0.gifMunkus Beaver
twotone1bc0.jpgRapacious
2391RichardDiamond_PrivateDetective.JPGCantide
strategery_crop_resize_64.jpgStrategery
charlielz9.jpgB:L
bear.gifthegloaming
oldmafiaman.jpgArchonex
gangsterjw9.giffsmith1
mafiagirl.jpgRook
thmobman.jpgNalouto

I'm not going to go over the basics of the game. If you don't already know, you're in the wrong thread.

VOTING

You will bold and lime your votes and separate them from other comments.

I vote to kill Mr Wizard.

Don't nest it somewhere on the far side of the page. Don't try to hide it. The wording is up to you.

Retractions I don't care about. I'll just overwrite your old votes. If you want to retract or whatever, feel free to say it.

Vote counting:
Whenever I count votes, which probably won't be particularly often prior to deadlines, I'll post the totals. Otherwise, it's up to you punks to keep track of who's living and who's dying.

SPECIAL ROLES
*note, I just told the people who got these that they were generic guardian/seer roles because honestly, the role playing and fitting in with the universe is not one of my top priorities.

One (1) Investigator Type:
Investigates one other villager/mobster/whatever each night and is told of their true nature. This includes whether or not they're an undercover cop, yakuza or... whatever this third group is.

One (1) Guardian Type:
Guards one person each night and moreover, chooses another one to die in their place. The only people to know when this is effective is the Guardian (and assumably those who ordered the hit/arrest). This doesn't work for the voting executions, but can be used over and over again and can be used successfully as many times as wanted.

Two (2) Mob Bosses:
Each mob boss knows the other's identity. Keep in mind that victory is mutually exclusive for the two sides though.

One (1) Paranoid Cop:
If targetted in any way during the night, he knows the identity of his targetter. If targetted for a hit, his partners are informed. This is an invisible role. The cop won't know of his identity until he's been targetted in some manner.

Aroduc on

• Options
    CasketCasket __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Lore:

The town was founded sometime in the early 1600s by a group of pirates infiltrated by ninjas while coming over seas. In the 1700s there was the vampire outbreak and many people died. Kriz, who was the lord of the Vampires, survived and went on to terrorize other towns and procreate. His children would end up being half-vampires, and as the bloodline continued newer and newer members would be less and less of a vampire. After the vampire attacks, the town began to rebuild slowly, and a Mafia was formed amongst vigilante citizens in order to protect the town from future attacks and facilitate the flow of "business". Now in the 1900s, Wangshire has long been a bustling city and the Mafia is bigger than ever. One day, the Mob Boss, Captain K is killed, but before he dies he leaves behind information of 9 traitors that have been within the Family for years killing other members in seperate incidents and were now trying to kill him off.

Since the Family no longer has the Boss to control the assasination contracts they agree the best way to decide who should be killed is through voting. The Family wants to purge the traitors. They run a tight crew.

The CAD Mafia are motivated by revenge. They want to kill off the family for the deaths of their ancestors hundreds of years ago. And then they can take over Wangshire.

Yakuzas are motivated by honor and business or something. Their cell wants to control the East Coast and take over Wangshire or something. (Probably distantly related to the ninjas who tried to come over on the boat in the 1600s)

And the 3 Undercover Cops have decided that now is a good time to play Judge, Jury, and Executioner. With the chaos going on in the family they take matters into their own hands, they are kind of like some Boondock Saints or something. They want to get rid of the Family for the sake of Wangshire.

Mobspeak Dictionary

RP accordingly.

Casket on
    casketiisigih1.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    mafiaab4.png*lights a cig*

So whats crackin'?

Casket on
    casketiisigih1.png
  • Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    images-5-1.jpgso Capo di tutti Capi K is dead.

We can't write off any of you mugs. Everyone, from the capos, consiglieres and buttons to the lowliest frickin' empty suit babbo is a suspect.
    We have nine problems to burn, and until they're all accounted for, EVERYONE is going.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    mafiaab4.pngIf anybody's got beef they can go themselves a little place ready.

Casket on
    casketiisigih1.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    images-5-1.jpgIndeed, Cas. There's no goombata anymore. No turks or mustaches. Can't trust anyone anymore.
    *Takes out a pipe and lights up*

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    mafiapicig2.pngThis doesn't sound like it's gonna turn out well. Not at all. We're runnin' blind here. And goddamn everyone a' you wiseguys has a piece.

Not gonna turn out well at all.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    images-5-1.jpgA lot of good men are gonna die. a LOT.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

muggs.gif Good men? GOOD MEN??

There ain't a one of us in this room that's gonna see heaven.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    *begins loading a clip with bullets, and puts it in his gun.*

mafiapicig2.pngColt 1911. Best gun ever made. Seven bullets, more than enough to kill anything that moves.

((so when does the game start? Did Ardouc say tuesday?))

Daedalus on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    mafiaavatar.jpgDis new hideout is... cramped. Mind if I blow out dis wall ere?

It's clearly in da way.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited October 2006
    c_walken.jpgHey youse bums, quit yer crying. Ain't nuthin' gonna keep us down. We was a family before K, and dammit, we'll stay together after him!

Menace on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ((we don't even have our roles yet, how can we know if we're RP-ing in our best interests???))

GSM on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    GSM wrote:
    ((we don't even have our roles yet, how can we know if we're RP-ing in our best interests???))

((we're just fucking around right now. The game doesn't start until Tuesday. Just don't accuse anyone of anything yet.))

Daedalus on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited October 2006
    Also, I apologize for the move. I should have been the one keeping tabs on things and making sure everything was in working order and the like, not Casket, and things got unorderly and out of hand because I didn't. Go ahead and blame me, but know that I am also a wrathful god.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    (Shit, I just thought of something. Since murder victims are going to be shot this time, wouldn't you be able to guess at the killer by what kind of bullets were used?)

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ((Forensics aren't that advanced yet.))

GSM on
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited October 2006
    ((Also, that's not the only way they die.

And this is a game, we suspend our disbelief.))

Menace on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Menace wrote:
    ((Also, that's not the only way they die.

And this is a game, we suspend our disbelief.))

((I was just thinking it would be a cool RP opportunity. You know. "The last couple guys were whacked with a lotta bullets, guys. It must have been a tommy gun. I know I ain't packing one. Which of you wiseguys is?))

Daedalus on
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ((So... CAD Mafia kills with huge explosives, arson and indiscriminately firing houses full of holes.

Yakuza victims are found with poison in their porridge, ancient daggers in their backs and shurikens in the throats. Ok, that last might be a bit too far.

Vigilantes/Saints kill quickly and efficiently, but always leave those damn coins on peoples' eyes.))

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    GSM wrote:

muggs.gif Good men? GOOD MEN??

There ain't a one of us in this room that's gonna see heaven.
    images-5-1.jpgBy our standards, Greg. We're prob'ly gonna mow through a lot of made men before we get our problems solved.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Do we really need to use (())?

How about we just assume that text like this is OOC

and text like this is in charecter

Just makes things easier on the eyes I think.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited October 2006
    Bedlam wrote:
    Do we really need to use (())?

How about we just assume that text like this is OOC

and text like this is in charecter

Just makes things easier on the eyes I think.

As long as everyone agrees to use italics IC. Some people didn't always do it last time.

Menace on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    mobster.gifThese are dark days for the family... *bows head in respect*

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Si SenorSi Senor Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Karf wrote:
    mafiaavatar.jpgDis new hideout is... cramped. Mind if I blow out dis wall ere?

It's clearly in da way.

mobster.jpgmind if I blow you outta da way? 'cause, see, you're in my face.

Si Senor on
    sigging2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    jdarksun wrote:
    I'm not sure that trying to start roleplaying now is going to work well. Setting the scene as taking place after the Don's murder - but before we can do anything about it - is sort of counterproductive. I mean, it's not like flinging accusations or anything is going to work.

Why not roll that back, and let Aroduc kick off the Don's murder on Monday or whenever it is?

Of course, I'm not sure that'd stimulate roleplaying either. We don't have much to do until we know our roles.

*sitting in a chair in the corner*

mafiaab4.pngEverything in this room is off the record right now boy. Off the record.

That means I could do this,

*picks up Warlock's Colt 1911 from a nightstand, and fires 2 bullets into jdarksun's gut, making him squeel and double over in pain*

and no one will give a damn. Because it's off the record. I can't understand how people seem to forget that.

*jdarksun mutters something*

Heh... you think I can't shoot a cop? Dead wrong babbo. Should've turned in your badge before coming here.

*decimates jdarksun with the remaining 5 bullets*

((and make sure to use the (()) for OOC speak, it just makes it easier to read. Not that you should be using OOC much anyway))

Casket on
    casketiisigih1.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    mafiapicig2.pngGoddammit, now I gotta reload. I only brought so many bullets here, ya know!

*opens the large metal case he's been sitting on, revealing enough weapons and ammunition to arm a mob*

What? I'm a gun runner!

Oh, right, the indiscriminate killing in search of Capo K's murderers.

Maybe I shouldn'a brought this.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited October 2006
    Man, if you think I'm giving you roles, you're mistaken. You're getting a 2-3 sentence witty remark as to your normalcy or lack thereof.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    images-5-1.jpgOff the record, eh? Then I get to have Katherine for the time being, then?

*Reaches down and pulls up a very very long katana with a very long handle. the name "Katherine" is engraved on the scabbard.*

Beaut, ain't she? Bought her off some old guy a few years back. Dammed if i know how to use it, but I like just having it. he said it was a Zen-Cat-O or something like that.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    images-5-1.jpgOff the record, eh? Then I get to have Katherine for the time being, then?

*Reaches down and pulls up a very very long katana with a very long handle. the name "Katherine" is engraved on the scabbard.*

*while rummaging around in the gun case*

mafiapicig2.pngOh, now let's not get ridiculous here.

*pulls out large rocket launcher.*

How the hell did this get in there?

Daedalus on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bugsy1.gifSo it's true? The boss got popped? I got here as soon as I heard.

We gotta proceed carefully from here on out. There's at least nine rats runnin' around, and we wanna make sure we get 'em without whackin' each other.

Still, what are we gonna do with Captain K? Have any of you goons made funeral arrangements? Called the morgue? You should all know by know that bodies don't bury 'emselves.

Before this goes down, we gotta get together one last time and show our respect to the boss, as a Family. It's what he would have wanted.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    edited October 2006

*while rummaging around in the gun case*

mafiapicig2.pngOh, now let's not get ridiculous here.

*pulls out large rocket launcher.*

How the hell did this get in there?
    images-5-1.jpgEasy, easy. I haven't ever used the thing as a weapon. At least, not in a fight.

Remember when Capo K had us take car of that one guy's horse? THAT'S when I used it. Came right off, cleanest cut you ever saw.

Damn near yanked my arms off too. Katie's a BIG girl.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    capone.jpgAll youse mooks blabbin off da record think yous is so smart, eh. What says dat there ain't a fwuckin' coppa sittin' right here, listenin' to youse mooks blabbin' on about old jobs, eh? How do I knows one of youse mooks ain't a cop? How do I knows you mooks ain't wearin a wire?

Dat's it. Off wit da pants. One of youse mooks is wearin' a wire, and I know it. I can smell it. Drop yer pants and grab yer ankles. Somethin' smells rotten in Denmark, and I am to find it.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    PuckerPucker Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    mobgunsy9.jpgIf you geese don't put all dem beanshooters away somebody's gonna get grilled. An I aint takin' off my pants for your ugly mug Rakenphile.

Pucker on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    mafiaab4.pngIf there was a cop here God knows we'd all be pinched and sittin in the joint by now.

Casket on
    casketiisigih1.png
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sounds like somethin a cop might say, Rank. Try en throw the suspicion off of himself, eh? EH?

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    mafiaab4.pngI oughtta slug someone right in the jaw.

Casket on
    casketiisigih1.png
  • Options
    FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    261862181_0627a45b95_s.jpgOh gods, the boss's deads.

Protect me, I'm valuable!

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    261862181_0627a45b95_s.jpgOh gods, the boss's deads.

Protect me, I'm valuable!

*tossess F. B. a sawn-off shotgun*

mafiapicig2.pngProtect yourself.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    drdoomavmk2.pngDr. Doom XVI has returned from the enclosed space containing many informational bound papers, and he has found most interesting parallels with our current situation and something that occured hundreds of years ago. Did any of you simple bafoons bother to check the neck of our former leader?

MechMantis on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    capone.jpgDat's enough out of you, Doom. Now drop 'em.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
This discussion has been closed.