As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME ON]Animal Crossing: Has no ending...

• CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anti-Sean wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:
    Rain does not water your flowers.
    :shock: Forsooth! Apparently, I have been lied to by various and sundry postings on the internets. Thanks for letting me know.

I can assure you it does. I've watered my dried flowers using rain many, many times. However there is a catch - it seems the flowers only get watered by rain if they are on your screen, meaning you have to visit every part of your town with flowers. On the occasions when it was raining but I didn't visit all the flowers, they died. On the occasion when I did I didn't lose any flowers.

Cullen on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Cullen wrote:
    Anti-Sean wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:
    Rain does not water your flowers.
    :shock: Forsooth! Apparently, I have been lied to by various and sundry postings on the internets. Thanks for letting me know.

I can assure you it does. I've watered my dried flowers using rain many, many times. However there is a catch - it seems the flowers only get watered by rain if they are on your screen, meaning you have to visit every part of your town with flowers. On the occasions when it was raining but I didn't visit all the flowers, they died. On the occasion when I did I didn't lose any flowers.

So in other words, you still have to water them -- just not using the can. :P

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    This is only the second time I've ever used wifi and this is also the second time I've gotten Blanca immediately after, geeze. Does she sit outside the gate just waiting for you to connect to wifi or what?

Does anyone know when the next fishing tournament is?

Fantasyrogue on
  • breakzbreakz Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Turnips selling in town for 184 bells per. My connect info is down in my sig...let me know if you're interested.

Oh, my game is 2 hours behind (since I play so late). PM me if you want me to add you.

breakz on
    thechompman.gif
    Now Playing - GRAW, FFIII DS, Ninja Gaiden Black, Phoenix Wright
  • Mig!Mig! Registered User new member
    edited October 2006
    PM me if you want in on the newbie town i have running right now, and i will add you.

migrayn
    cackle
    2277-1295-5139

this game is going to be a problem for me, i just know it.

Mig! on
  • breakzbreakz Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anyone open right now? I'll be watching the thread...and I got oranges...

breakz on
    thechompman.gif
    Now Playing - GRAW, FFIII DS, Ninja Gaiden Black, Phoenix Wright
  • BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    There have been days that I have walked out of my house, seen that it's raining, and saved, knowing I don't have to water my flowers. I've been doing this for a while, so if my flowers are dying when this happens, I'd think I'd have figured it out by now.

Ballman on
  • D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    My Turnips price is 554 Bells today.

I recently got a new DSLite, so if you already have me in your lists, please update it. The new code is in my signature.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
    edited October 2006
    D.T. wrote:

I recently got a new DSLite, so if you already have me in your lists, please update it. The new code is in my signature.

Ouch. I decided not to buy turnips this week. :x

Ballman on
    edited October 2006
    Weirdness: I got a blank letter from Mom today. o_O

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    D.T. wrote:

HUZZAH! *claws at your gates*

...Hmm...hey, you're friend code is wrong.

Eyes5 on
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hey, i have wireless for the first time in a long time. anyone interested iin a visitor or visiting? My bpt is 133

Uncle Long on
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So, today is the flea market. I have my house stocked with fossils ready for sale, and only one person has come over all day. Elvis bought a bunch of stuff, so I had to kick him out to restock, and since then, no one has come over. I've been waiting for 2 hours now, and no one! What am I doing wrong?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

edited October 2006
    So, today is the flea market. I have my house stocked with fossils ready for sale, and only one person has come over all day. Elvis bought a bunch of stuff, so I had to kick him out to restock, and since then, no one has come over. I've been waiting for 2 hours now, and no one! What am I doing wrong?
    Only characters that are out and walking about will come in. Also, you can't have your gate open. And you have to leave your house at least once after the previous visitor for another one to come in. Try saving and restarting to get a new set of animals walking around. If all else fails, use one of your mule characters to sell.

Eyes5 on
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So Static moved into my town today; this makes the fourth neighbor out of eight that's a squirrel. IIRC, three of them have moved in in a row. Is it some grand conspiracy? Are they about to rise up and overthrow us all? Does this have something to do with the Acorn Festival? :?

Anti-Sean on
  • JammersJammers Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Does anyone know if fossils stop spawning in autumn or something? Because I haven't seen any fossils all week. There's been a pitfall seed most days, but nothing else.

Jammers on
    Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007
    edited October 2006
    Check the edges of the grassy areas very carefully. They are there but difficult to see.

Cullen on
    edited October 2006
    Mmmm... Mushroom furniture...

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited October 2006
    Vyolynce wrote:
    Delicious! How many were people able to collect in one day? I tallied 30. This worries me because you need at least 230 by sunday in order to get all the mushroom items. I may have to pester Lemming or someone else who doesn't play much anymore to get more acorns. :3

Yay, after 10 months of waiting I can finally complete my mushroom/insect/flower/pikmin room! Except it lacks a Pikmin. Cullen, if you can find some time to oblige?

Eyes5 on
    edited October 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:
    Delicious! How many were people able to collect in one day? I tallied 30. This worries me because you need at least 230 by sunday in order to get all the mushroom items. I may have to pester Lemming or someone else who doesn't play much anymore to get more acorns. :3

Yay, after 10 months of waiting I can finally complete my mushroom/insect/flower/pikmin room! Except it lacks a Pikmin. Cullen, if you can find some time to oblige?

I got 30 as well, to the tune of 3 pieces of furniture (Stool, End Table, and Lamp, IIRC).

EDIT: Up to 66 after today... only picked up the Chair for my efforts, though. :(

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited October 2006
    I thought we'd make it a full year before the G&T AC:WW thread died. :(

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited October 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:

Will you be around this evening at about 9pm GMT? I'll check back on the forums then.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I'm out watching the England game tonight. Tomorrow same time?

Cullen on
    edited October 2006
    Can anyone help me complete my museum? I need a common painting, and a scary painting. Any help?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Sgt.CortezMCSgt.CortezMC Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    i dunno. i thought the part where you beat it was when you figured out how to trap your neighbors in a corner with holes. it's pretty funny and it works until you open your gates. anyone else figured out cool stuff you can do in this game??:)

Sgt.CortezMC on
    Let me show you my Pokeymans. My Pokeymans, let me show you them.
    PokemonEliteTeam.png
    edited October 2006
    Cullen wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:

Will you be around this evening at about 9pm GMT? I'll check back on the forums then.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, I'm out watching the England game tonight. Tomorrow same time?
    9 GMT is my 2, if my math is correct. I'll still be in school then. Is 12:30pm your time good, or is that a bit late? I'll open my town then. Dodge Aspen, I can get you your paintings if you can visit during that time as well. That's 5:30pm Pacific time, I think.

Eyes5 on
  • Sgt.CortezMCSgt.CortezMC Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Cullen wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:

9 GMT is my 2, if my math is correct. I'll still be in school then. Is 12:30pm your time good, or is that a bit late? I'll open my town then. Dodge Aspen, I can get you your paintings if you can visit during that time as well. That's 5:30pm Pacific time, I think.

i am already trading with aspen, tuff luck!

Sgt.CortezMC on
    Let me show you my Pokeymans. My Pokeymans, let me show you them.
    PokemonEliteTeam.png
    edited October 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Cullen wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:

i am already trading with aspen, tuff luck!
    We must fight to the death.

Kidding. :) Ah, I haven't seen him (or anyone else) in quite some time.

Eyes5 on
  • MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Vyolynce wrote:
    I thought we'd make it a full year before the G&T AC:WW thread died. :(

Maybe we will make it to Animal Crossing Wii, have hope! :D
    Vyolynce wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:

I got 30 as well, to the tune of 3 pieces of furniture (Stool, End Table, and Lamp, IIRC).

EDIT: Up to 66 after today... only picked up the Chair for my efforts, though. :(

I'm up to 100 after today, I only ended up with like 30 on monday and tuesday each I think. I have no idea what to do with all these rotten ones though, they are just sitting here in front of my town hall.

Also Golden Watering Can GET! It took entirely too long to do. I haven't used a slingshot or fishing pole much either, so I expect that to take even longer. Also where did all the fossils go? I havent found any all month.

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Oh man, I played last night for the first time in like....7 months? Weeds everywhere, notes from villagers I'd never met telling me they're leaving, etc. I cleared out all the weeds on one side of the river before calling it a night.

I found two four leaf clovers while doing this as well.

SteevL on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm terrified of playing it again. Haven't played since June. :?

Elendil on
    edited October 2006
    MJ wrote:
    I'm up to 100 after today, I only ended up with like 30 on monday and tuesday each I think. I have no idea what to do with all these rotten ones though, they are just sitting here in front of my town hall.

Nook buys them for 2 apiece. Better'n nothing.

I'm up to 133 as of this morning. There may be a time-related factor that determines how many rotten acorns are out there (similiar to the mushroom season on the GCN), but I only have some rough empirical evidence at this point (10 rottens at noon yesterday v. 6 rottens at 9:30am today).

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited October 2006
    Vyolynce wrote:
    MJ wrote:

I'm up to 133 as of this morning. There may be a time-related factor that determines how many rotten acorns are out there (similiar to the mushroom season on the GCN), but I only have some rough empirical evidence at this point (10 rottens at noon yesterday v. 6 rottens at 9:30am today).

Man, I hope the acorns don't rot over time. I didn't take them to cornimer this morning, thinking I'd be able to do it when I got home this evening and had more time.

My turnip price was 92 this morning, but it's been going up rather than down, so I'm hopeful for the next 48 hours.

Ballman on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Elendil wrote:
    I'm terrified of playing it again. Haven't played since June. :?

I logged in after not playing for about 3 mnoths.

ALL of my flowers were dead.

I'm not going to play anymore.

_J_ on
    edited October 2006
    Ballman wrote:
    Vyolynce wrote:
    MJ wrote:

Man, I hope the acorns don't rot over time. I didn't take them to cornimer this morning, thinking I'd be able to do it when I got home this evening and had more time.

I think it just affects the ones on the ground, but that's not something I'm about to test. Let us know what happens tonight.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • grummgrumm Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I really need to start playing this again. My town is a mess.

grumm on
    ~~Pip~~
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I cleaned up my town today and turned in all my acorns. At 95, I don't think I'll be able to have more grown in time to get the full set of furniture.

SteevL on
    edited October 2006
    Yeah. Sorry Eyes5, You have been so good to me in the past, but I told Sgt. Cortez I'd hook with him. Are you around Sarge?

EDIT:Allright. I gots to take off for a couple of hours. I'll check back later.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

edited October 2006
    Ah, even if Cullen doesn't come, I'll open my town for a while. Come one, come all! Gape at the splendor of my massive flower gardens. (285 hybrids!) Um, that's pretty much all I have to offer. Oh, and my animalfolk are growing stagnant. I need diversity in my town's gene pool.

Eyes5 on
    edited October 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Ah, even if Cullen doesn't come, I'll open my town for a while. Come one, come all! Gape at the splendor of my massive flower gardens. (285 hybrids!) Um, that's pretty much all I have to offer. Oh, and my animalfolk are growing stagnant. I need diversity in my town's gene pool.

Wow. Did you count? I was in awe of Cullen's town when I saw it a couple of months ago. I'd love to come over to your town sometime soon. I'll probably be donating my bells to the billion bell fund soon, so maybe then.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I have internet again! Who wants to play tag this weekend?!

sarukun on