As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Of interest, it has a synopsis on there which confirms Dr. Blackwell is the villain (not that it wasn't obvious) :P Also apparently Beck has a human heart? That seems weirdly macabre :) (edit: Geth agrees!)

He's just jealous.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Another update, with videos detailing Beck's basic actions, along with some clarification on the voice acting thing and more.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Another update, with videos detailing Beck's basic actions, along with some clarification on the voice acting thing and more.
    Wow, Mighty #2 is a girl? I guess you can't tell because of the suit.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    It has been really awesome following the Mighty No. 9 development as it's chaulked full of all sorts of awesome info like this and every time something new comes out it just gets me that much more excited for the game release.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited July 2014
    skeldare wrote: »
    Four videos

Oh, we can do that? I just linked to the post because I thought posting multiple videos like that cause a problem for people with slow connections or something?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Now it's 8 videos in a row when you quote the post needlessly...

Now it's 8 videos in a row when you quote the post needlessly...

Fixed, though if it's the same videos, wouldn't it only be the number of distinct videos overall? Or does each individual count?

Well the videos don't load unless you click them. :confused:

That and I didn't see your post, sorry! :disappointed:

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RZpW0IS5zOw

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2014/07/keiji-inafune-ponders-mighty-legends.html
    It's no secret that Keiji Inafune adores Mega Man Legends. So much so, in fact, he once expressed interest in making another game just like it some day. Nearly a year has passed since that comment was made, and Inafune isn't backing down from it.

In a recent Q&A session at SGC 2014, Inafune voiced further interest in seeing the Mighty No. 9 series go in different directions. Speaking through his translator, he posed the following question to the audience: "If you guys saw a Mega-Man Legends-style 'Mighty' game come up on Kickstarter, would you consider backing it?" As one would expect, the fans erupted into a roaring cheer, with one fellow belting out "take my money."

Inafune's translator continued, "he's got nothing to announce today but the fact is he's heard all of you shout out like that. He's definitely putting that in his pocket and taking it back with him."

Where do you stand on the prospect of a Mighty Legends?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Since this will be his...what...fourth or fifth crowd-funding thing set up, with zero games delivered, the character cameoing in other games already and an animated show set up, I think he's officially fucking mastered how to make money off this.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Since this will be his...what...fourth or fifth crowd-funding thing set up, with zero games delivered, the character cameoing in other games already and an animated show set up, I think he's officially fucking mastered how to make money off this.
    Making money off of fun things people want to play?

What a racket. Why hasn't a big Japanese publisher picked him up already? They could make a fortune off his effort.
    Yes, that is sarcasm.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Gameplay video for the mightiest of nines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBGNzaCu9LE

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I still don't like the whole dashing into enemies mechanic. I think that looks dumb, but man everything else just looks totally amazing.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    If it makes a difference, it's because he's absorbing the material that makes them.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Wow some of those questions were awful.

"Mr. Inafune, please say a shitty dialog line from Mega Man X4 in a language you don't actually speak!"

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Everyone knows Mighty No. 9 is the new hotness but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcTyiGqYW7I

As someone who's never played any of the battle network games I'm quite excited.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Keep in mind that the first one is pretty rough, I'd almost recommend skipping it entirely and just starting with the second one.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Hell, you could play 3 and just finish with the series there.

McFlynn wrote: »
    Hell, you could play 3 and just finish with the series there.

Nah

2 and 3 are both excellent

5 is pretty unique with its liberation missions and playing as other Navis

6 is pretty decent and has a new setting

4 is garbage and the first one just isn't very refined yet.

I'm tempted to get it since it's the only Battle Network game I've never played but...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the first one is pretty rough, I'd almost recommend skipping it entirely and just starting with the second one.

In what way?

pHWHd2G.jpg
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »

In what way?

Some of the mechanics aren't that refined, some of the chips are grossly imbalanced, there's a lot of needless running around and fetchquests..it's not a bad game, but I personally found it hard to go back to after playing the other ones.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/07/31/mega-man-battle-network-now-on-wii-u-more-mm-games-all-august
    Much like Mega May, August 2014 will see a Mega Man title released on the eShop each Thursday. I'll even go one further say these are the titles:

Mega Man 5 (NES)

Mega Man 6 (NES)

Mega Man X3 (SNES)

Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (GBA)

However, the release order will be a mystery... so you'll have to fire up your Wii U each Thursday to see which one came out!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/19/mighty-gunvolt-takes-nes-mega-man-games/

So that's yet another cameo appearance before the game everyone actually paid for comes out, and this one is even a straight sprite-based MM clone. With DLC.

I'm still waiting for the flood of merch, maybe a manga adaptation, definitely a free-to-play cellphone/browser game. Then they'll just need a little more money to get around to making that game, guys, we need it to add that one mechanic you like, we promise.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited August 2014

So that's yet another cameo appearance before the game everyone actually paid for comes out, and this one is even a straight sprite-based MM clone. With DLC.

I'm still waiting for the flood of merch, maybe a manga adaptation, definitely a free-to-play cellphone/browser game. Then they'll just need a little more money to get around to making that game, guys, we need it to add that one mechanic you like, we promise.

You do understand what advertising is right? And that the game is not just being made for the people who backed it. The idea of backing a kickstarter is to fund a concept and allow it to become a full fledged product. Sure you get the return on the pledge level you choose, but the company itself needs to be able to continue forward once that has been delivered. This means that they need to have awareness beyond just the backers. And that means product placement, cameos, a tv show, etc.

They have shown the game being made, and videos of that progress and they are setting up to make it a successful game beyond just fulfilling the kickstarter goals.

This is not just some indie developer. This is a team well versed in the industry and how to make a successful game/franchise, and this is all part of it.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    I believe the franchise part, not so much the game yet.

uyvfOQy.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Their kickstarter said they were going to release in spring 2015

I don't even

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    I continue to be confused by people complaining about getting *more* than was promised in the kickstarter...

It's also a free game for people who buy Azure Striker Gunvolt so it's not that bad.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    It's only a free game for Japanese people, so far. I guess we'll see if that sticks when Gunvolt comes out here where most of the backers were from in the first place.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited August 2014
    I believe the franchise part, not so much the game yet.

You can ignore the facts all you like, that's your prerogative. They've consistently shown their development progress from conceptual stage, to mockup, to near completed levels, and there has been nothing indicating they aren't going to hit their target date which is next year. Game development involves more than just the game itself, and them plugging their game, and keeping the community aware outside of just the Backers is key to keep building hype and potential sales for the release.

Just meeting the demand of the Backers is not success. Success is getting the gaming community hyped and frothing at the mouth for their game come Spring, and this is how you do that.

People tend to forget that the goal of Kickstarter is not just to buy a cool thing, but to make the company a success. You are Kickstarting their company so they can go on to make more stuff in the future as well. The Company being able to support itself via sales of the product (beyond the backers) is very important towards that end.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    So, anyone remember that new game from Inticreates, Gunvolt?

It just released in Japan as of today! (US release is 8/29)

I just had time enough to play the intro stage, and man is it anime as hell. However, the shoot and shock/barrier type mechanics are pretty interesting and a neat twist on the standard Inti formula.

There's a second trailer for those who are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAClxYeHqMU

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Oman....I should really replay Zero/ZX/ZX:A just to get hyped for this.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    It's only a free game for Japanese people, so far. I guess we'll see if that sticks when Gunvolt comes out here where most of the backers were from in the first place.

Looks like it's not just Japan

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Ehrmagerd, Mergamerns

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/26/mega-man-x4-x5-released-psone-classics-north-america/
    Mega Man X4 and Mega Man X5 are being released as PSOne Classics for PSN in North America this September, Capcom have announced.

Mega Man X4 will be available on September 2nd, while Mega Man X5 will follow on September 9th.

I see they're avoiding X6. Smart of them.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I see they're avoiding X6. Smart of them.

Jusdie, Zello. :(

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
    In addition to X4 and X5 coming to PSN soon, Mega Man X3 is coming to Wii U VC tomorrow.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA