As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - Technique

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Unknown User on

• Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Is it me, or is Tycho's head is turning too much for a human being on the third panel?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    It's just you, I can turn my head like an owl.

• Options
    Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    What's the book? Anything Rendevous with Rama like has my attention...

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    A++ would rasp again.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    For reference:

Br53lX9.png?1

• Options
    nnjones44nnjones44 Registered User new member
    edited July 2014
    Squire_Pug wrote: »

22566044.jpg

nnjones44 on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    It's true, women love rasp action all up in they nipples.

There's two things I know about women. They love it when you rasp their nips, and they love to be stroked on their open eyeballs.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Are you suggesting I've been doing it wrong my entire life?

I was stroking their nipples and rasping their open eyeballs.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, nipple rasping and strange erection euphemisms don't seem that out of place with some of the shit that happens in the later Rama books.
    I mean, at one point, an elderly man is rejuvenated by a robot in the form of a fucking Judeo-Christian archangel so he can be with his twelve year old wife.

Arthur C. Clarke got into some cat freezer level weird in those books. The last Space Odyssey book used a lady riding a dragon as the stepping off point for a three page rant about circumcision, and yet it had nothing on the later Rama books.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    It's true, women love rasp action all up in they nipples.

There's two things I know about women. They love it when you rasp their nips, and they love to be stroked on their open eyeballs.

I appreciate this reference and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Wait, I thought you were supposed to raspberry their nipples. Pppppbbbbttt. Is that not right?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You know...I love the different amount of phrases literary people use just to say simple stuff like "He had a boner."

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Rasping nipples is the next step after cauterizing the genitals.

• Options
    WodensonWodenson Registered User new member
    I thought rasping was what you called it when a rapper has a lisp.

• Options
    Eridani RoarkeEridani Roarke Registered User new member
    Hevach wrote: »
    Honestly, nipple rasping and strange erection euphemisms don't seem that out of place with some of the shit that happens in the later Rama books.
    I mean, at one point, an elderly man is rejuvenated by a robot in the form of a fucking Judeo-Christian archangel so he can be with his twelve year old wife.

Arthur C. Clarke got into some cat freezer level weird in those books. The last Space Odyssey book used a lady riding a dragon as the stepping off point for a three page rant about circumcision, and yet it had nothing on the later Rama books.

Just so you know, Clarke only wrote the first book, 'Rendezvous'. Rama II and beyond were actually written entirely by Gentry Lee. Clarke only read and made suggestions, although personally I don't think he read them nearly carefully enough. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama
    I personally enjoyed the whole Rama series, but the later books did...inform me of several adult acts of which I was previously unaware. Regardless, I still love O'Neill cylinders.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Turgid is far and away the most excellent word to use for terrible romance descriptions.

Rasp those turgid nipples?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    hateseededhateseeded Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Turgid is far and away the most excellent word to use for terrible romance descriptions.

Rasp those turgid nipples?

Your AV makes your post 4.237 times better.

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-a to chimpanzee.
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    "all the sudden"? Would that count as a Tychpo? I mean, "all of a sudden" is the common English phrase one would use in that place, correct?

Or is this some regional "Mah car needs washed" type of horse hockey?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    For reference:

Br53lX9.png?1

A snail's radula can also be used for rasping:

Snail_radula_working.png

I mean, mmm, who wouldn't want a little of that action on your nipples?

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is Tycho steadfastly refusing to refer to Gabe as either Gabe or Gabriel recently? It's certainly funny, it puts me in mind of when Gabe refused to draw Tycho as anything but a radish until some demand was met.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    nnjones44 wrote: »
    Squire_Pug wrote: »

22566044.jpg

*peers at dinky human space craft in foreground*

... looks like something mocked up in Kerbal Space Program.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Just so you know, Clarke only wrote the first book, 'Rendezvous'. Rama II and beyond were actually written entirely by Gentry Lee. Clarke only read and made suggestions, although personally I don't think he read them nearly carefully enough. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama
    I personally enjoyed the whole Rama series, but the later books did...inform me of several adult acts of which I was previously unaware. Regardless, I still love O'Neill cylinders.

Ugh, I was so let down by the later books. I wonder if Clarke even bothered to read the drafts. Lee took a taut, technical thrill about exploring a vast spaceship and tried to make it about character development. Which is ok, but he apparently sucks at it and gave all the characters cliche back stories while making a blatant mary sue in his protagonist.

• Options
    PuddingpiePuddingpie Registered User regular
    Maaaan, am I the only one here who thinks "evidence of his desire" is a nice turn of phrase? buries head in shame

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Puddingpie wrote: »
    buries head in shame

Keep going...

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    You know, poor choices like Fluency aside, I would love having some kind of regular 'Mike is currently reading...' update, because his tastes in books tend to align quite well with my own. Picked up some good books based on his past recommendations.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    You know, poor choices like Fluency aside, I would love having some kind of regular 'Mike is currently reading...' update, because his tastes in books tend to align quite well with my own. Picked up some good books based on his past recommendations.

I always find it weird that Gabe and Tycho (apparently) aren't mad Dresden Files fans. It has a wise-cracking, hilarious protagonist who is a complete and total geek while being a BAMF for Gabe. For Tycho, it has a dark, dark world where as much as 1% of humanity is devoured annually by the supernatural predators that lurk in the shadows, where dark elder gods who dwell Outside are ceaselessly working to breach the Outer Gates, where the simple act of picking a coin up off the street could lead to your transformation into a horrific demonic engine of death and destruction.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.