As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 2nd Annual H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl...do you have the Innsmouth look?

swordgoatzswordgoatz Registered User regular
edited June 2015 in PAX West
It's that time again! We're gearing up for this year's H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl, and we want to make it the best one ever. In order to do that, we need your feedback. Please take 5 minutes to fill out this survey and give us your thoughts. Thanks a ton!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NQXN6FM

For those wondering, tickets for the third annual H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl will be available in early July.

--

Looking for something to do Saturday night of PAX? Step into the dark and mysterious Seattle borough of Ballard for an inter-dimensional pubcrawl of celestial importance!

The H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl is a community-supported pubcrawl and megagame. This year, 'crawlers will assume a specific role in the setting of Innsmouth, and will become locked in an epic battle between cultists and townsfolk. You could be a hero. You could be a saboteur. You could go insane. Your choices will have a real impact on the outcome of the night. Will the city surrender to cultists? Or will good unleash its light on the shadows over Innsmouth?

This fully-baked adventure starts at Hilliards Brewery in Ballard at 8:30. There, you'll assume your role, organize your team, and start your adventure. The night will take you on a harrowing journey of epic importance (and epic ichor consumption). Save Innsmouth! Save Seattle! Save the world! There will be prizes.

You can check out a video from last year's event here.

We are selling tickets this year to cover costs and make the event as awesome as possible. All ticket proceeds will go directly into the event. I have a detailed budget for anyone who'd like to see it, but the basic breakdown is this: 73% of the budget goes to prizes and giveaways, 17% goes to pubcrawl and megagame supplies, and 10% will be reserved for incidentals. Any money left over after the event will be donated to Child's Play.

There are two levels of tickets. The General Admission level ($5) grants you entry into the H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl and full access to the megagame. The VIP Investigator level ($11) includes everything at the General Admission level, plus a poster, an investigator kit (with swag), and priority check-in.

Get your tickets here.

You buy your own drinks. This event is open to everyone 21 and older (no PAX badge required).

And don't forget to RSVP at our Facebook page.

You can easily catch the D-Line bus from downtown Seattle to Ballard (about a 20-minute ride). Ballard (Seattle's own fishing village) is home to 10 microbreweries and is the perfect place for a Lovecraftian adventure.

Prime 2016 Status: 4-Day Badges
Attendee: Prime '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15... East '10
swordgoatz on

• dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    One thing from last year that sort of took the steam out of the crawl was the distance between the bars. Has a new route been worked out where there's less walking and more drinking?

:)

bn4KEyz.png
  • swordgoatzswordgoatz Registered User regular
    dm_magic wrote: »
    One thing from last year that sort of took the steam out of the crawl was the distance between the bars. Has a new route been worked out where there's less walking and more drinking?

:)

Absolutely! :smiley:

We are taking a much more direct route this year, with less than 8 minutes of walking between bars.

Any other feedback is more than welcome! We put together a survey about a month ago for past 'crawlers, which you can take here.

Thanks for you input!

Announcement***

VIP Investigator tickets are sold out, but there are still plenty of General Admission tickets available.

• RussBRussB Registered User regular
    Had a blast last year, oddly enough the part of my trip I talk most about. Already got my VIP badge, see you there!

• bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    oh this sounds like fun. im only at pax for the first 2 days due to work reason so this sounds like a great way to end my lovely pax get away

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Forgot to ask do you have a size cap on number of people? Will you let us know when you are running low on spots?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
    Forgot to ask do you have a size cap on number of people? Will you let us know when you are running low on spots?

We have 120 spots, and as of right now we are at 50% capacity.

• ZappleZapple Registered User new member
    Is this event wheel-chair friendly?

Zapple wrote: »
    Is this event wheel-chair friendly?

Just messaged you, but for the record I believe all pubs we will hit that night are wheelchair accessible.

Hope you see you there!

• skitterbugskitterbug Registered User regular
    Darn! I was hoping for VIP but my group is still debating which events to attend so I haven't purchased tickets yet. XD Maybe next time.

*~o(^.^)o~*
    PSA - We are now at 75% capacity.

edited July 2014
    Just ordered a bunch of supplies for this event! So stoked!

Any last minute feedback as to what you'd like to see at the Lovecrawl?

swordgoatz on
  • StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I found out this existed too late and missed out :'( Sounds like a lot of fun.

StarYoshi on
    Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
    swordgoatz wrote: »
    Just ordered a bunch of supplies for this event! So stoked!

Any last minute feedback as to what you'd like to see at the Lovecrawl?

How about...

- Suggested local craft beers available at each location - We don't know the best breweries if we're not local
    - Cab company recommendation/coordination (it was by sheer drunken luck I caught a ride back. I know it's not your responsibility, but it was something that occurred to me that would be nice to have)
    - A photographer that could photoshop us into a Lovecraftian scene
    - A Bob Ball figurine with his arm around Cthulhu

• CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    Well its a shame, but I couldn't wrangle my party together quickly enough to grab tickets. Perhaps next year

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
    Cennedi wrote: »
    Well its a shame, but I couldn't wrangle my party together quickly enough to grab tickets. Perhaps next year

God Dammit Cennedi...I was all looking forward to being like "Hey, I'm RussB, nice to see you Cennedi", and then having an awkward silence because I know nothing else about you.

• dieseldog49dieseldog49 Registered User regular
    I have a couple spare tickets, I can hook some people up if need be.

• wyndstarwyndstar West coast CanadaRegistered User regular
    oh darnit this looked so awesome. i'd be interested if anyone has spare tickets. this is my first PAX and i'd love to get out of my shell and meet more people. also the people i'm going to PAX with don't drink.... so i'm lookin to hang out with people who do! :)

PAX 2015: got tickets, woo hoo!
    PAX 2014: had a blast.. let's do it again!
  • SemajdiegoSemajdiego Something, something, something Dark Side Albuquerque, NMRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    We have a party of 6 going, how extensive does people's Lovecraftian Knowledge need to be to meaningfully participate in the activities? I am sure one or two of them haven't read any Lovecraft at all.

Semajdiego on
    Semajdiego wrote: »
    We have a party of 6 going, how extensive does people's Lovecraftian Knowledge need to be to meaningfully participate in the activities? I am sure one or two of them haven't read any Lovecraft at all.

You can have a great time and literally not know anything about Lovecraft, but a good working knowledge of the mythos will allow you to appreciate he details of the experience.

edited August 2014
    Hmmm...what could all these cards be for? ;)

See you in 29 days!

3d8yyzkm298d.jpg

swordgoatz on
  • ScribbledScribbled Registered User regular
    The event looks like tons of fun! Anyone have any extra/spare tickets? :D

The posters are in! See you in 21 days!

o4x25m6b2nvj.jpg

For those attending:

You should follow the @LoveCrawl twitter handle for up-to-the-minute game/pubcrawl updates and clues throughout the night.

See you in 9 days!!!

If you'd like to take the bus on Saturday, I would suggest the D-Line.

ldihmu1g9oy2.jpg

See you in two days! Have a great PAX!!!

There's a new survey to get your feedback and help make the third H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl the best one yet! If you've attended previous Lovecrawls, please take five minutes to fill out this survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NQXN6FM

It will help us out a ton! More info on the third iteration of the H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl will be out later this month. Cheers!

For those wondering, tickets for the third annual H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl will be available in early July.