As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars Legacy

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Chorazin wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Ok, I think I was wrong in my prediction of who Darth Kraayt is.

[spoiler:c1b5d67106] In Bloodlines Jacen tortures to death Boba Fetts daughter.
    Now there is now way that Boba is going to let him live long enough to become a Supreme evil overlord of the glaxay.[/spoiler:c1b5d67106]

Actually...

[spoiler:c1b5d67106]In that book Boba's way to get his revenge over his daughter dying WAS to let Jacen Solo become the new Sith Lord. He knew he couldn't do anything to the Solo family worse than what Jacen will do.[/spoiler:c1b5d67106]

OH SON OF A BITCH
    Servo wrote:
    whoa whoa whoa

when i was a kid, i read those 'jedi academy' books

i'm not necessarily proud of that

but

what you're telling me is that [spoiler:c1b5d67106]jacen is evil now?[/spoiler:c1b5d67106]

Yeah.
    [spoiler:c1b5d67106] Apperently Artoo recorded the whole scene were Anakin talks to Padme about the Jedi being evil, and the scene where he kills her. Jacen watched it and thought "Hmm. He's not evil, he's doing it for good reasons" because he has a secret daughter with Tenal Ka that he's afraid for, because he's having visions of a future completly overrun with war again. And he thinks that being a Sith Lord using both sides of the force for "good" will allow him to prevent that.[/spoiler:c1b5d67106]

Bloods End on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Chorazin wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Ok, I think I was wrong in my prediction of who Darth Kraayt is.

[spoiler:8d97c87232] In Bloodlines Jacen tortures to death Boba Fetts daughter.
    Now there is now way that Boba is going to let him live long enough to become a Supreme evil overlord of the glaxay.[/spoiler:8d97c87232]

Actually...

[spoiler:8d97c87232]In that book Boba's way to get his revenge over his daughter dying WAS to let Jacen Solo become the new Sith Lord. He knew he couldn't do anything to the Solo family worse than what Jacen will do.[/spoiler:8d97c87232]
    I think it's funny that in The Unifying Force, Boba tells Han he never had a vendetta against him, that it was just a job. So, they go and give him a vendetta against Solos again. Good job.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Boba Fett is the most badass character ever.

What happens to him?

Mai-Kero on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:

What happens to him?
    He's the new Mandalore.

Granted, I'm not sure how much is left of the Mandalorians for him to be Mandalore of, but that's beside the point.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, I think if you're the only one you can pretty much give yourself any title you want.

Junior Vice President in Charge of Mandalorian Affairs

Mandalorian Grand Poobah

DMAC on
    edited October 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

What happens to him?
    He's the new Mandalore.

Granted, I'm not sure how much is left of the Mandalorians for him to be Mandalore of, but that's beside the point.

I want a comic of him of what he was doing during the NJO.

Mostly to see a Vong scalping scene.

Bloods End on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I don't know what's more sad: that I sat down and actually read Wookieepedia for more than twelve hours straight, or that Wookieepedia actually has enough Star Wars articles to fill out twelve hours of straight reading.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Harrier wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

What happens to him?
    He's the new Mandalore.

I love how the Star Wars Galaxy is this insanely dangerous place unless you're a Jedi, a Sith, or a Mandalorian.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
    edited October 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:
    Harrier wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:

What happens to him?
    He's the new Mandalore.

I love how the Star Wars Galaxy is this insanely dangerous place unless you're a Jedi, a Sith, or a Mandalorian.

"Dammit theres a Star Destroyer in orbit!"
    " It's another krifing galactic civil war? How many more planets are going to explode?"

Course it's pretty bad if you are a Jedi. How many times have they been wiped out?

Bloods End on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    actually, i've got a question guys

i've got a buddy who i need to get a birthday present for. he's a big fan of star wars, and i kind of want to get him some star wars comics, since he enjoyed the punisher comics i loaned him.

any suggestions?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Legacy and KOTOR are both recently started, so you wouldn't have to worry about missing a big chunk of backstory.

Scooter on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    hmm

any good trades?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    hmm

any good trades?
    Trade wise, Dark Empire 1 and 2. Of the two, the first is better.
    [spoiler:550f99b82c]Cause Luke going evil and coming back is hit on repeatedly throughout the EU series, so it's a pretty important development.[/spoiler:550f99b82c]

In addition, the Crimson empire series are pretty good.
    If you can find them in trades, the StarWars Infinities are entertaining reads. Taking a single event and altering it from each of the original trilogy movies and following it to it's conclusion.

see317 on
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    hmm

any good trades?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Clone Wars collections is pretty much the best Star Wars comics out there. Everything that sucked about the prequels is fixed here. Anakin is actully a bastard and at the same time a sypmathetic character. Count Dooku comes off as real threat, and you get a feel for how useless the entire war is. Plus it has the coolest Star Wars EU character ever in Quinlan Vos.

The Clone Wars Volumes are the collected issues of the series Republic. There are some ealier Pre CW volumes that are titled under Star Wars outgoing.

The collected trades are
    Prelude to Rebellion
    Emissaries to Malastare
    Twilight
    Infinities End
    The Hunt for Aurra Sing
    Darkness
    The Stark Hyperspace War
    Rite of Passage

The Clone Wars volumes are
    Defense of Kamino
    Victories and Sacrifices
    Last Stand on Jabim
    Light and Dark
    The Best Blades
    On the Fields of Battle
    Last Seige, Final Truth
    Endgame

Also anything with the words X-Wing and written by Micheal Stackpole are good.

Bloods End on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    The Star Wars Tales TPBs would probably be a good bet as a gift. Tales was an anthology book of stand-alone stories from different writers/artists, some serious, some funny.

DMAC on
    edited October 2006
    DMAC wrote:
    The Star Wars Tales TPBs would probably be a good bet as a gift. Tales was an anthology book of stand-alone stories from different writers/artists, some serious, some funny.
    DARTH VADER VS DARTH MAUL

THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY

Harrier on
    edited October 2006
    DMAC wrote:

The really odd thing about the Tales series is that Garth Ennis has like three stories in the entire run. And they are all awesome.

And not one curse or skull fucking scene.

Bloods End on
  • Kshah777Kshah777 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Did anyone else think Legacy was kinda... "meh" this week? It was a cool little side story, but I wanted to see the characters that have been actually developing for the past three issues. Unless these troops are going to be a big deal in the plot later on, then I guess it makes sense.

Kshah777 on
    "He ate a moose and he ate a whale, he even ate a mountain... of shrimp..."
    ~"The Ballad of Morgan Brown"
  • RiqaRiqa Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Kshah777 wrote:
    Did anyone else think Legacy was kinda... "meh" this week? It was a cool little side story, but I wanted to see the characters that have been actually developing for the past three issues. Unless these troops are going to be a big deal in the plot later on, then I guess it makes sense.

I dont really care for it really, seems way to early in the run for a entire issue devoted to something like that and it had a whole been there done that feeling to it as well.
    I still think this Legacy book has way to many characters and settings to be done as comic books in any kind of proper and timely matter without feeling like its jumping around all over the place. Though this is the first Star Wars comic I've read so it could be on par with the other books.

Riqa on
    3DS: 3411-1583-6442
    Steam: Noai
    Warframe: Fairwoods
    edited October 2006
    Yeah this issue was definently a fill in, probably because Jan needs takes a long time to do her artwork.

Still cool to see a humanizing of Stormtroopers on both sides.

Bloods End on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So issue 5:

[spoiler:d4dafb2654]Who wants to be Rus is going to kill the sith lord and take his place?[/spoiler:d4dafb2654]

Mai-Kero on
    edited November 2006
    This week was pretty fucking awesome.

I liked Darth Kraayts bit.

Bloods End on
  • BruanBruan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Who in the hell is Rus?

Anyhow! I want to talk about Star Wars Kotor; I just picked up the first trade.
    REALLY GOOD ;p

Bruan on
    Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I've had it up to here with all these muthafucking twi'leks!

Synthetic Orange on
    edited December 2006
    The last page of issue 6 is getting my vote for badass moment of the year

Bloods End on
    edited December 2006
    damnit. how are you guys getting issues early? or am i just behind the times?

Bruan on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    The last page of issue 6 is getting my vote for badass moment of the year

I actually went, "YEEEEESSSSSS" after seeing it.

Everyone at my gaming table stared at me.

gredavin on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Six months to get to this point. SIX MONTHS. Something good better happen in the next issue, or I'm dropping this comic before you can say "Cade Skywalker is a blight on Star Wars."

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I just read Legacy #6 a few days ago, and I've already forgotten the whole thing. The only part of this series that stands out for me and doesn't seem like bad Star Wars fanfic was the Stormtrooper issue.

Hensler on
    edited December 2006
    It's only been six issues though; I don't think it's too bad.

[spoiler:6f3980e84c] Cade throwing a starship at the Sith chick was pretty cool. And the stormtroopers fragging the Sith? Hell to the yeah! [/spoiler:6f3980e84c]

Still, we need some Imperial Knight vs Sith beatdowns.

Bruan on
    edited December 2006
    The only thing this book has going for it is the overall political structure of the galaxy. I think it's an interesting take on how things could play out. I like the concept of the Imperial Knights splitting away from the Jedi.

It harkens back to the Clone Wars stuff, but sets up a more interesting situation where the Knights are a more formal policing force with no pretensions at separation from the politics and leadership.

Honestly, the only thing that keeps me coming back is piecing together this meta-story. Cade Skywalker is not a compelling character (which is in large part due to him looking like a sweaty boyband member).

As a specific complaint: [spoiler:06860e5db0]I did not like that we find out that the reason he has tried to hide away from the Force is because he touched the Dark Side and doesn't want to risk falling. I was more interested in the character when I thought that he believed that he failed and that he refused to touch the Force again for fear further failure. The fear of failure could have set up a more subtle parallel to Anakin Skywalker and his fear of failing to save Padme the same way he believed he failed his mother. Instead, the Dark Side is just slapped in our faces, "I touched the Dark Side, and I can't risk that happening again because of my family history." I'd rather have watched him walk along the path of fear not realizing how closely he was paralleling his ancestors' own perilous journeys. Meanwhile as readers we could be saying, "Damn those Skywalkers and their fear."[/spoiler:06860e5db0]

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think the whole Legacy arc would work better if it was being done in multiple books, looking at different parts of the whole. One book about Cade, another about the storm trooper squad, something about the Imperial Knights and the political stuff, etc. As is, the story just doesn't feel big enough.

Hensler on
    edited December 2006
    The thing about that is that Legacy is pretty much a prestige project for Ostrander and Duurseema. They pretty much just proposed this idea to LFL and Dark Horse and were allowed to run with it. And since their background is mostly in comics, I doubt they would have had as much creative control over it if it were a book series. And it would interfere with the already planned Legacy of the Force novel series.

And I really don't think the story that's being told needs a entire book series to it. i get the feeling that the story is less about the state of the galaxy and more about Cade and his problem with the Skywalker legacy. The side stories like the Stormtrooper one are probably only going to be one shots done by fill in artists that have very little if anything to do with the main story.

Bloods End on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Briareos wrote:
    Honestly, the only thing that keeps me coming back is piecing together this meta-story. Cade Skywalker is not a compelling character (which is in large part due to him looking like a sweaty boyband member).

I don't know, the whole thing is a bit angsty, but I'm willing to give it a bit of play simply based on [spoiler:74fd103c87]Cade using Deathsticks to numb his connection to the Force, and threatening to blow his head off if Luke didn't leave him alone. It's rare I'm actually surprised by a book, but that got a "H'uh, nice" even though it's not especially original.[/spoiler:74fd103c87]

werehippy on
    edited December 2006
    I still think this is pretty good; but I wish they'd release these comics more quickly.

Still, I like it more than the things I don't like. I want to see some Imperial Knights actually putting up a good fight though; because so far:
    [spoiler:7c9ece8763] All they do is get cut to bits by Sith. Hell, even a bunch of stormtroopers took down a Sith; but Imperial Knights? nah! [/spoiler:7c9ece8763]

Although I do have to admit; the art and story of the stormtrooper one was the best so far.

Bruan on
    edited December 2006
    I've decided to drop it from the pull list today when I got to pick up this week's releases. I'm going to look at the next issue off the rack, and decide then if it looks good enough to give it a couple more issues. But there's lots of good stuff out there these days, and six months is plenty of time to get me hooked.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007
    Am I the only one still reading this?

I have to admit; it's starting to suck alot more.
    Hopefully, it'll pick up soon.

Bruan on
  • SeravenSeraven Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm still running with it.

It's by no means the best pull on my list, but I'm still having a moderate amount of fun with it. I'm of the mind that it stands to improve, though, and hopefully it will do just that within the next few issues. Maybe Cade will learn to not be a big bitch, and actually get something done.

Seraven on
    edited March 2007
    Hopefully :)

I remember thinking Antares Draco was super cool, and then he got all emo. Sad day.

Bruan on
    edited March 2007
    Was anyone else as weirded out by the latest issue as I was? I mean having aliens as the Imperial Representatives, and them being the calm and collected ones?

Bloods End on