As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unlocking Xbox live account?

honkymcgoohonkymcgoo Registered User regular
So, I started my xbox live account in 2007 with an email address I no longer have access to. This was never a problem until this latest time I tried to sign in. I got a message that "It appears someone else may be trying to use your account". Now they are asking for all kinds of information I don't have. Console Id numbers, numbers of prepaid cards I used. Things like that. I have some emails going as far back as 2009 that include some purchase receipts from the account, the original email used to start the account is literally my name at verizon.net, and I can give them every address I've lived at since the account was open and the bank name for the original card used to start the account and pay on it for several years.

What I can't provide is console ID numbers since I've been through at least 5 360s, or any of the prepaid card numbers. I filled out one of the questionnaires they have you fill out and it was rejected. Is there a way to just scan and send my drivers license or something? Anything I can do to speed up this process? I am very obviously the owner of this account, the only issue is that I have no access to the email the account was started with. Anyone ever dealt with this before?

I put a lot of money into the account as far as arcade purchases went, and to be honest if I can't access it I'll just say fuck xbox and stick with my playstation. But I'd like to be able to play all the games I bought on live over the last 7 years, and be able to play with my friends list.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I didn't even know what the fuck and avitar was until about 5 minutes ago.

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Call Microsoft and talk to them.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I had a similiar problem with mine which had been registered under my email address from my college when I tried to reactivate a couple years after I graduated. I forget what all I had to provide, but I was able to get it back after about 10 minutes or so on the phone with an actual human.
    I'm pretty sure I didn't have the number of the activating card at least.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    honkymcgoohonkymcgoo Registered User regular
    So my best bet is talking to an actual person then? I've never had to call MS before, are they fairly quick to answer the phone or should I set aside a good chunk of time for this?

I didn't even know what the fuck and avitar was until about 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think when I did it I managed it over my lunch break. It was like, 5 years ago, so I don't really remember how long specifically, but I do remember I was at work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I have sometimes called them and gotten them immediately. I have other times called them and endured three hour ordeals.

Same as any other major customer service group, really.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I had to get my account unlocked recently. Took about 20 minutes, including waiting on hold.

Long as you have a phone they can text a verification code to, you should be fine.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454