As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo 3] Season 1 in progress. Dare you enter this RNG realm?

HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
edited August 2014 in Games and Technology
LHB88gh.png
PA Clan - The Merch Hungers
Clan Update:
HexDex wrote: »
So the intent behind the clan is for regular posters/readers of the G&T and SE++ threads to have a place to interact with one another in the game. With a particular focus on regular poster/readers who are also regular players.

The clan is at the 150 member cap, but night after night I see the same 50 or so players. There are several people I haven't seen since the week they were added.

On the other side I have been asked on a fairly regular basis if there was space in the clan. By people who are posting here, and also logging in night after night.

I am going to purge some names from the roster.

I will then have a waiting period where those purged can appeal the purging.

I will then post here if any of those purged slots are free. First come first served, FFA, every man for himself get added asap etc etc.

Ideally instead of the same 25 people or so every night I see online, we have 100. For people who only play irregularly the community is probably the better option since it has no limit to it's number of members.
HexDex wrote: »
If you log on, and find you have been removed from the clan in error, don't panic.

Join the community, and poke around until you find an officer of the clan.

You will be re-added.

If you are currently not in the clan, and want a spot. I ask that you remain patient.

Thanks everyone for making an awesome game more awesome.

However, the Community, PAF, has nearly unlimited space and everyone is welcome to join. Open the Community window in the bottom right, Click Find and search for PAF. You'll see that HooverFish is the leader and can simply click "Join Community". You will not automatically enter Community chat when you log in, but you can click the Chat button in the Communities window and enter it manually for now.

The European Clan is also named TMH. If you play in this region, send a join request through the in-game communities UI and/or message evilthecat#2464.

And now, the big list of patch/expansion features... (more detail in the spoilers to cut down on length)
  • New class - The Crusader! (RoS only)
    1Zdg0Gi.jpg
    "Impenetrable armor, gleaming weapons, and heavy, heavy damage–wield the power of the Crusader, unbreakable new hero of the mortal realms."
    The evolution of the Diablo II paladin, less auras and more shield smiting. They are very focused on having a shield, even so far as having the option of using a Two-handed weapon AND a shield (with a passive skill). Yes, they have Blessed Hammer!
  • Act V! (RoS only)
    Malthael returns intending to destroy all demonkind. In case you didn't hear the word Nephalem enough in Diablo III, that means humans too. Act V is also full of side dungeons and even a handful of side missions for the jeweler and each follower!
  • Level 70 and a 4th passive slot! (RoS only)
  • Paragon levels are now account wide, infinite, and provide new bonuses
    Although still separated by softcore/hardcore, all of your characters' paragon XP has been added together and converted to your new level.

1 Paragon point is earned per paragon level and can be spent on the following bonuses, even on a brand new character:
    Core: Main stat^, Vitality^, Movement Speed, +Resource
    Offense: Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction, Crit Chance, Crit Damage
    Defense: % Life, Armor, Resist All, Life Regen
    Utility: X% Area Damage*, Resource Cost Reduction, Life on Hit, Gold Find

^ - Can be scaled infinitely, everything else caps at 50 points by plvl 800
    * - a new stat on gear: All attacks have a 20% chance to also deal X% of the damage to enemies within 10 yards.
  • Loot 2.0!!
    Items will now drop less often, but are more likely to be useful. Sometime you will even find a "smart drop" that will specifically roll appropriate stats for the class you are playing.

Most Legendaries now come with a new unique affect and can drop at any level above their default. In other words, lower level legendaries can appear again at higher levels with their stats scaled up.
  • New Gems
    In addition to new tiers (Imperial, Flawless Imperial, Royal, Flawless Royal), Marquise gems will begin dropping! Also diamonds!
    Weapons: Bonus damage against Elites
    Helms: Cooldown Reduction
    Armor: + to All Resistances
  • Adventure Mode: Bounties & Rifts (RoS only)
    This new mode is an alternative to playing the campaign. All Acts and Waypoints are unlocked. All bosses spawned. You have a lot more freedom to roam around and slay demons. Each act has 5 bounties to complete various tasks - like clearing dungeons, killing named monsters, etc.

Rifts were previously referred to as Loot Runs. You'll earn Rift Keystone Fragments by completing bounties, which can then be combined to to open a Rift. These randomly generated areas have randomly generated monsters, so you could end up with Act III monsters on an Act I tileset. Or rooms full of treasure goblins. Or cows!
  • New Difficulty system
    The concept of Normal / Nightmare / Hell / Inferno is retired. Campaign mode monsters will now automatically scale to your level, so you can repeat as certain areas as uch as you want and keep leveling effectively. Additional monster affixes show up somewhere around levels 30, 50 and 60.

The new system uses Normal, Hard, Expert, Master, and Torment I - VI for a total of 10 difficulty settings. This makes the difficulty somewhat analogous to the /players command from Diablo II, or Monster Power from Diablo III.
  • Enchanting & Transmogrification (RoS only)
    The Mystic finally shows up and offers enchanting and transmog services.
    Enchanting allows you to replace 1 property on an item with a randomly generated new property. It gives you multiple stats to choose from, including the original. This means you won't necessarily make a better item, but you aren't forced to make it worse. If your first try doesn't work out, you can enchant it again, but only for the stat you initially decided to replace.

Transmog is much like the system in World or Warcraft, allowing players to change the appearance of their gear. New appearances will be unlocked by leveling your mystic and identifying set/legendary items that drop in Loot 2.0. We can finally use colored dyes on legendaries!
Upcoming changes, Ladders and Tiered Rifts!:
"Ladders"
A ladder-like system, called Seasons, will be added in the first major content patch. More information on this is coming soon.

Tiered Rifts
This is essentially a competitive challenge, entering increasingly hard Rifts to see how far you can get. When you complete a Rift you may find a Greater Rift Token. Using the token to complete a "Greater Rift"(?) will get you a Greater Rift Key (rank 2), and so on. Again, more info coming soon.

Finally, some other helpful resources from the previous OPs:
- Thanks to Previous Thread makers @Skab, @GoodKingJayIII, @Bethryn, @Shen, @SkutSkut, @HexDex, @_J_ , and @Noggin

If you are reading this add me.
D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

HexDex on

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    In preparation for 2.1, I will be doing another clan purge soon to make room for people.

HexDex on

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I've been trying to think what's the best thing to do to prep for 2.1, and it seems like gathering materials for infernal machines is the best bet. If folks ever want to do runs on the Infernal Machine mobs, let me know.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Don't purge me, bro.

• ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Mah gawd Hex don't purge me :'(

Just waiting on 2.1 to hop back in and do some demon slayin'.

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    HEX DON'T PURGE ME PLEASE

I was playing today and I totally got like 2 wizard drops on my Monk. The game wants me to be a wizard. But 2.1 wants me to be a Monk.

HELP ME!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    RiP Gargantuan. I'll probably go Sycophants something or other in 2.1 but I've basically never done it. I've been running fire pets FA since my second rift because I got a kukri immediately. I have a couple rhen'hos in the bank just in case. Alternately M6 DH.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Garg nerfs take him down to about half damage from where he was. 120m damage to around 50m or so.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Yeah, the Garg nerfs take him down to about half damage from where he was. 120m damage to around 50m or so.

Oh wow, the attack speed 'fix' hits him that much? :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Yeah I'll probably drop him and adjust my build for more fetishes instead.

• JunleaJunlea Registered User regular

Now that Army and FS don't overwrite you can have 23 fetishes out.

Junlea :: Writer, Gamer, Bagel Fan
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Junlea wrote: »

Fuck the garg then. :( If so he's no better than the TMF doggie, and that's using the wrathful rune. Though I don't need any more fetishes really, they tend to overstack as it is just using sycophant.

Panda4You on
    edited July 2014

Yeah, I've gotten that and added some +fetish army damage to gear and I'm pretty much at the same DPS as before, ~12-second Ghom clears on T6.

Overstacking isn't quite as big a deal in 2.1, since Fetishes are a little smarter and have smaller collision boxes.

Brolo on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    heh, I found a reasonable T&T and Cindercoat in the same rift today. first one in over a week

trying to lure me back eh diablo

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Seasons are active in the PTR now and there's a "Season 1 Has Begun" overlay which seems to hint at exclusive transmog unlocks for reaching 70 in a season. It also shows the stats for each new legendary.

Also I checked and it seems that Adventure mode is unlocked from the start, so you don't have to play Campaign at all except for some of the conquest achievements.

Zek on
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    I've noticed overstacking is really only an issue with narrow corridors . . . so only a sizable chunk of the maps. ><

On the other hand, even if they didn't do anything to fix overstacking, I'd still take FA in place of a nerf garg; especially, if I did have the TMF ring. FA allows for one to have an army of pets to start dealing with mobs from the get go, while waiting for sycophants to spawn. Also has the nice bonus of being less pissed off when overstacking does show up, since there is never a need to worry about hitting garg and then just having him stand away because the other pets are blocking him, when you really need to kill a hard hitting elite pack, champion, boss or some combination of those.

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I purged 40 names.

If you log on, and find you were purged. Join the community, bug people till you get an officer, you will be readded.

I will not but opening up those 40 spaces to FFA for a week-ish.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Damn, putting an Ess of Johan on my follower as a Holy Shotgun build is such a nice quality of life boost.

Except when he decides to pull the enemies out of my shield glare T_T

Aegis on
    Characters
  • dougyfreshdougyfresh Registered User regular
    How do character accounts work? If I buy the ps3 version can I access my PC characters? If i upgrade to ps4 can I keep my PS3 progress?

steam_sig.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Dangit, Blizzard. Thrown Blade as lightning? Lightning damage is already the primary damage type for two of the four signature spells.

That's gonna harsh some of my +arcane damage buzz.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/55382-scheduled-game-maintenance-7-22-2014

Adjust your Tuesday accordingly...
    We will be performing maintenance beginning on Tuesday, July 22nd at 12:00 AM PDT and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 8:00 AM PDT. During this time the game and many web services will be unavailable.

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    8am is too early to be the patch itself, damn

I'm unreasonably excited for the wizard changes

Is there a Fire based Energy Twister? It seems like the new way it drops winds could be pretty awesome with Cindercoat if so. Really high damage and significantly more spammable.

If not I'll be excited to try out a fire disintegrate build as well.

So, so stoked to be playing again after this patch drops. I've gone from excited to ambivalent about the seasons themselves, and don't really care about greater rifts either, but the socket giving item and all the positive wizard changes are faaaantastic. I've had a lot of fun with Crusader but Wizard is really where my heart will always lay. Super eager to get back to it and have perhaps comparable damage to my sader.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    The season exclusive legendaries aren't even in the PTR yet, I would be really surprised if they launched it.

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    The season exclusive legendaries aren't even in the PTR yet, I would be really surprised if they launched it.

actually they are, many people already have them and are testing them...

3rd post here: http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/55373-seasonal-legendaries

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
    Tuesday's when Naxxramus hits for Hearthstone, which might just be impacting all of b.net

Characters
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Tuesday's when Naxxramus hits for Hearthstone, which might just be impacting all of b.net

That would be my guess. As long as 2.1's been in development, they're still adding stuff and testing heavily. I don't think they're even in a happy place with Monks yet.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

Yeah, I've gotten that and added some +fetish army damage to gear and I'm pretty much at the same DPS as before, ~12-second Ghom clears on T6.

Overstacking isn't quite as big a deal in 2.1, since Fetishes are a little smarter and have smaller collision boxes.
    Could also get the fetish army with the ranged attackers.

steam_sig.png
    It's only two dart blowers or two fire torchers, and as far asI know the damage calculation for those is still buggy. Carnevil is also problematic since it comes at the expense of Mask of Jeram, so your Fetish damage is effectively halved.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, seems way too soon to go live with the patch. From what I'm hearing some of the stuff just isn't quite there and some of it is absolute shit (LoH changes).

They DO exist!

LCKwWYr.jpg

About fucking time. Immediately stepped into a T5 rift and killed Ghom in about 20 seconds once my fetishes decided to bother attacking him and not the skeletons trickling in. I'm in love <3

Characters
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    I'd really like to get a carnevil at some point even if it's not BiS, meaning I have to play on a lower torment. Army of blow dart fetishes sounds fun as heck

In other news, my friend is running an EP monk who alread has fist of az and crimson. He should be gambling shards for the laws of seph as a priority, yeah? We (me on WD, him on monk) are clearing t5 rifts in about 15-20 minutes with maybe 3 - 8 deaths between us (depending on how unlucky we get with layouts and elite affixes), is that considered efficient enough or would it make more sense for us to run t4s quicker with little to no deaths?

Oh! Also, thanks for the rifts yesterday guys. That triple WD strat was great fun. I was salivating at the gear on display. Hopefully I'll get an SMK/TnT One Day

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • JunleaJunlea Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I'd really like to get a carnevil at some point even if it's not BiS, meaning I have to play on a lower torment. Army of blow dart fetishes sounds fun as heck

In other news, my friend is running an EP monk who alread has fist of az and crimson. He should be gambling shards for the laws of seph as a priority, yeah? We (me on WD, him on monk) are clearing t5 rifts in about 15-20 minutes with maybe 3 - 8 deaths between us (depending on how unlucky we get with layouts and elite affixes), is that considered efficient enough or would it make more sense for us to run t4s quicker with little to no deaths?

Oh! Also, thanks for the rifts yesterday guys. That triple WD strat was great fun. I was salivating at the gear on display. Hopefully I'll get an SMK/TnT One Day

If you care about efficiency, then you should probably be doing T4. Most people aim to finish a rift in 8-10 minutes so 20minutes with multiple deaths might be a bit above your gear level right now.

However, if you find that challenge of T5 more fun, then that's all that really matters.

Junlea :: Writer, Gamer, Bagel Fan
  • RaziyaRaziya An Scrub VermontRegistered User regular
    New thread smell. :)

156594_03fef74545a6b3c8.png
    Current obsession: Overwatch Battle.net: Raziya#1552
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I feel like maybe there's room for gear to roll with an extra secondary affix now. With most of the sought after, end game legendaries only having a single secondary affix (sets have two), there is very little room for secondary affixes to have much of a noticeable impact anymore. Between the rarity of the good drops and the primaries being so important, you often just end up with +exp or +thorns or whatever your one secondary affix happened to be when you finally got that e.g., Tasker and Theo. I have to wonder if they're really playing out the way Blizzard envisioned. Also, I'm still bitter about pickup radius being nerfed to hell in RoS.

Unrelated, thanks to Hoov-Mart for supplying me with the Marauder's boots that the bitch Kadala refused to despite being paid for over 2,000 pairs of boots (no useful legendaries at all in the whole bunch, in fact). And they rolled really well, in fact (very high dex, vit, all res).

Wait what is happening to Garg??

• ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    -Gargantuan

-Skill Rune - Wrathful Protector
    -Bug Fixes
    -Fixed an issue that caused the Gargantuan summoned by this Skill Rune to receive a greater damage bonus from Attack Speed than intended

edited July 2014
    Scosglen wrote: »
    -Gargantuan

-Bug Fixes
    -Fixed an issue that caused the Gargantuan summoned by this Skill Rune to receive a greater damage bonus from Attack Speed than intended
    Noooooooooo!

So in an unprecedented turn of events, late last night my HC WD finally got a Mask of Jeram off Kadala. I had literally gambled nothing but helmets with my hardcore blood shards, and over 100 plvls worth of shards later, I finally got the one damn helmet I wanted. So between SC and HC, I was over 20k blood shards spent before I got an item I actually ended up using. Awful.

And then in classic D3 RNG feast or famine fashion, the next rift I did after getting my Jeram, a Thunderfury dropped. Finally I'm using a level 70 weapon.

Now I'm not sure what to gamble on moving forward. My WD is finally in a decent place as far as having the key pieces to a pet build. I definitely have some crappy pieces that need to be updated, but I think some of those might be slots I'll want to fill with crafted stuff? I have a decent Jeram, T&T, Tall Man's Finger, and Stone of Jordan. I have an Uhkapian Serpent, but I like the convenience of TotD since I'm not playing in Torment yet.

I know gambling on amulets sucks, but I feel like there are much better amulets out there (would love a Countess Julia's or similar) than what I have now compared to some of my other mediocre pieces that are probably better replaced with crafted things.

Any thoughts?

forty on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Strongarm Bracers for the damage buff from piranha knock up?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Scosglen wrote: »
    -Gargantuan

-Bug Fixes
    Noooooooooo!

So in an unprecedented turn of events, late last night my HC WD finally got a Mask of Jeram off Kadala. I had literally gambled nothing but helmets with my hardcore blood shards, and over 100 plvls worth of shards later, I finally got the one damn helmet I wanted. So between SC and HC, I was over 20k blood shards spent before I got an item I actually ended up using. Awful.

And then in classic D3 RNG feast or famine fashion, the next rift I did after getting my Jeram, a Thunderfury dropped. Finally I'm using a level 70 weapon.

Now I'm not sure what to gamble on moving forward. My WD is finally in a decent place as far as having the key pieces to a pet build. I definitely have some crappy pieces that need to be updated, but I think some of those might be slots I'll want to fill with crafted stuff? I have a decent Jeram, T&T, Tall Man's Finger, and Stone of Jordan. I have an Uhkapian Serpent, but I like the convenience of TotD since I'm not playing in Torment yet.

I know gambling on amulets sucks, but I feel like there are much better amulets out there (would love a Countess Julia's or similar) than what I have now compared to some of my other mediocre pieces that are probably better replaced with crafted things.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that you should be playing in Torment! With MoJ, Taskers, TMF, SoJ, you could do it. Craft up the three piece Aughilds (shoulders, chest, bracers) and then the two piece cain legs and boots - you'll be sitting rather pretty.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Thoughts on what I should re-roll on this in preparation for next patch?

SXhquUr.jpg

I'm thinking reroll %damage to try to get 9 or 10% or reroll the damage range.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I'd assume drop resource cost for cooldown reduction (when paired with akkhan bonuses)

Battletag: Noggin#1936