As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gentlemen, you can't [Chat] in here, this is the War Room!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    i can't get mad playing video games anymore because the brutal emotional abuse i suffered while playing dota/hon/league has turned me into a lifeless shell of a man

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Irond Will wrote: »
    BEAST! wrote: »
    destiny looks sick as balls

looking forward to playing it with PA crew

elki Deebaser‌ syndalis‌

any other xboners on here these days?
    it is pretty good...i wasn't expecting to like it, not a huge halo fan, but the fact that i'm playing it more in beta than i did in alpha, despite it being 80% the same content, is a good sign for me

r u playing on ps4 or peecee?
    ps4...is good game...a+++++

oh also if anyone wants a ps3 or ps4 code for destiny i apparently have one of each

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Man, I've got the best boyfriend

...for like another week and 4 days...

Totally not my business but this is a thing that I cannot fathom or understand. It is literally the most foreign concept I've ever encountered on these forums.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Submitting this quote tree to Vice.
    "Freshness Guaranteed Until..."

Documenting the Seedy World of Relationships with Expiration Dates

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Umg dat is me!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I still don't know whether we're eventually going to buy a PS4 or a 360

I guess both eventually

but which one first

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    @Mim did you see when I posted this earlier
    Moon Animate Make-Up is a crowdsourced group animation project to re-animate an episode of Sailor Moon shot-by-shot in each artist's personal style. From October 2013 to July 2014, over two hundred and fifty animators contributed at least one shot each to assemble a full length parody episode of Sailor Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhh6TZ6qCE

I started watching it, but then I realized I really needed to clean. I'll finish it tonight but it's pretty amazing people came together and did this.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I've never gotten angry at a game

I have gotten angry at other people in those games

get frustrated a lot tho

I've definitely almost thrown a controller back in the day. Goddamn Ninja Gaiden boss.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    destiny looks sick as balls

looking forward to playing it with PA crew

elki Deebaser‌ syndalis‌

any other xboners on here these days?
    it is pretty good...i wasn't expecting to like it, not a huge halo fan, but the fact that i'm playing it more in beta than i did in alpha, despite it being 80% the same content, is a good sign for me

r u playing on ps4 or peecee?
    ps4...is good game...a+++++

oh also if anyone wants a ps3 or ps4 code for destiny i apparently have one of each

PS3!

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I've never gotten angry at a game

I have gotten angry at other people in those games

get frustrated a lot tho

I've definitely almost thrown a controller back in the day. Goddamn Ninja Gaiden boss.

That's just being human.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    TL DR wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I get mad maybe once a year. It's something I find difficult to relate to

you didn't get mad when your faulty design sent a flaming ball of fire into a crowd of people

you have transcended anger

Why would I have gotten mad at that? That was awesome.

In those kinds of situations I have learned to recognize, and enjoy, that tiny fleeting moment of "holy shit that was awesome" that you get right before the "oh fuck I hope that didn't maim anybody" comes rushing in

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    As anyone who has worked in a call center, retail, or any other customer-facing job knows, the secret to dealing with anger is channeling it into passive-aggressiveness.

One of my co-workers used to walk away with her hands up in the air going "NOPE. NOPE. NO. NO." and into the back room.

"let me check in the back room" was "I'm going to go stew in back before i say something that gets me fired" for me in some cases

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

I guess both eventually

but which one first

right now there is not much reason to get either but the PS4 has a much stronger showing. Unless you like the kinect base dance games (which are very good if you like that genre).

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    man I can't wait to get back into fencing

that was a great for me to dissipate anger and well, everything

clear my head completely because of the full focus

love it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    mim pls

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The only time I've gotten genuinely angry in recent memory was in China. I was in the factory and I was exhausted and sick with a fever that ibuprofen was only kind of keeping under control. My boss was going over the tasks I needed to accomplish but had no realistic hope of getting done. I had none of the equipment necessary. And I know she was just doing her job and trying to be helpful, but she asked me for the 100th time what I needed to start working.

"A computer monitor, any kind at least 13", a [general type of] camera 5MP, a power supply for both..."

I got halfway through the list and she told me that this was all too general. I wasn't being specific enough. I wasn't getting what I need because I'm never specific enough. This came off of yesterday's lecture of how I wasn't getting what I need because I gave a list of things to get that included part numbers and they didn't have all the stuff so, chinese culture, they got none of it and avoided talking to me about it.

Then, right in the middle of this conversation, it was time for a shift change. A loudspeaker about 3 ft from my head crackles and earsplitting chinese comes screeching out of it because china. I try to continue talking to my boss but I can't even shout over this noise. And when you're already super frustrated, being forced to scream is not cathartic, it makes it even harder to control yourself. I turned, walked away, and punched an industrial machine and hurt my hand really really badly.

Luckily it was really crowded and the announcement was still going to no one heard or saw. Couldn't type with my left hand for a day or so.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

I guess both eventually

but which one first

which ever one has the best holiday bundle

The PS4 destiny bundle is a great deal if you want it and are ok with a white ps4.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options

I guess both eventually

but which one first

oh so you're just going to flaunt your priviledge like that

why don't you just rub my face in your money

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    the best shitty mall job I had was selling womens shoes at the Bon. because their stocking and storage systems were so disorganized it was normal and expected to spend 75% of your time in the storage caves even if you weren't slacking. The only interactions with customers was "do you have this in size X and color Y? I'll go check for you!"

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I have to maintain that you do not know game-related emotional abuse until you've been "the devs".

The level of hatred gamers reserve for the people who make the games they love to play is unmatched with anything else I've ever experienced.

Winky on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

The one thing that really makes me mad is other people getting mad.

There is very little in the world that makes me angry. But when people get angry at me I can get absolutely furious.

this comment really pisses me off

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I got my brother to throw a controller playing Madden. He was playing proper football and I was just throwing deep for touchdowns every possession. And being my brother, I did run up the score.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    The only time I've gotten genuinely angry in recent memory was in China. I was in the factory and I was exhausted and sick with a fever that ibuprofen was only kind of keeping under control. My boss was going over the tasks I needed to accomplish but had no realistic hope of getting done. I had none of the equipment necessary. And I know she was just doing her job and trying to be helpful, but she asked me for the 100th time what I needed to start working.

"A computer monitor, any kind at least 13", a [general type of] camera 5MP, a power supply for both..."

I got halfway through the list and she told me that this was all too general. I wasn't being specific enough. I wasn't getting what I need because I'm never specific enough. This came off of yesterday's lecture of how I wasn't getting what I need because I gave a list of things to get that included part numbers and they didn't have all the stuff so, chinese culture, they got none of it and avoided talking to me about it.

Then, right in the middle of this conversation, it was time for a shift change. A loudspeaker about 3 ft from my head crackles and earsplitting chinese comes screeching out of it because china. I try to continue talking to my boss but I can't even shout over this noise. And when you're already super frustrated, being forced to scream is not cathartic, it makes it even harder to control yourself. I turned, walked away, and punched an industrial machine and hurt my hand really really badly.

Luckily it was really crowded and the announcement was still going to no one heard or saw. Couldn't type with my left hand for a day or so.

god bless chinas

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    OTLC has a hajillion achievements.

go hard or go home

i used to play a lot of games and i can plow through them usually.

now i don't get nearly as many.

• Options

Totally not my business but this is a thing that I cannot fathom or understand. It is literally the most foreign concept I've ever encountered on these forums.

¯\(°_o)/¯

I mean, I know it's strange and when I explain the situation to people I always get that "She's dickmatized to be doing something as dumb as this."

The situation was basically I liked Sarks for a long time, we were FWBs for awhile and I liked him and wanted a relationship but we realized that we wanted very different futures. It was strange to set a time limit on the relationship, but to me it would've been worse to not have had him as my boyfriend. So I took this really unconventional chance. I'm happier for it and knowing it wasn't going to last forever allowed me to maximize what time I had with him.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

I guess both eventually

but which one first

which ever one has the best holiday bundle

The PS4 destiny bundle is a great deal if you want it and are ok with a white ps4.

dont be a ps4 racist guys

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Couldn't jerk off with my left hand for a day or so.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    Good point desque

Also shazchester69 can I have some?

Also re: sports -- the adult response to your team losing a big game is bowed head resignation followed by a week or more of harrowing depression

followed by years of getting angry for about 15 seconds every 6 or 7 months when you remember that ELI WAS FUCKING SACKED 3 TIMES BEFORE RODNEY COULDNT JUST WAVE HIS ARM AND JAR LOOSE A SLICK BALL PINNED AGAINST A SLICKER HELMET BY ONE HAND

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i get so mad at games sometimes its so dumb

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ok told Steam to go fuck itself and got the TSW patcher from nefarious sources and did a base install and adding the files that way.

Steam seems like a poor way to play MMO's

• Options
    but also i literally cannot not do it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    I have to maintain that you do not know emotional abuse until you've been "the devs".

The level of hatred gamers reserve for the people who make the games they love to play is unmatched with anything else I've ever experienced.

as the person chucking people out based on alcohol legislation that like nobody seems to know but damn near everyone insists they could be a lawyer in, I at least get ten "awesome show, good night!" or hugs for every asshole

so no not really

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Ok told Steam to go fuck itself and got the TSW patcher from nefarious sources and did a base install and adding the files that way.

Steam seems like a poor way to play MMO's

what faction are you gonna pick :O

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »

you didn't get mad when your faulty design sent a flaming ball of fire into a crowd of people

you have transcended anger

Why would I have gotten mad at that? That was awesome.

In those kinds of situations I have learned to recognize, and enjoy, that tiny fleeting moment of "holy shit that was awesome" that you get right before the "oh fuck I hope that didn't maim anybody" comes rushing in

See, I react first and put out the fire (real or metaphorical) and by the time it's appropriate to process emotionally then there's never a reason to be angry.

• Options

¯\(°_o)/¯

I mean, I know it's strange and when I explain the situation to people I always get that "She's dickmatized to be doing something as dumb as this."

The situation was basically I liked Sarks for a long time, we were FWBs for awhile and I liked him and wanted a relationship but we realized that we wanted very different futures. It was strange to set a time limit on the relationship, but to me it would've been worse to not have had him as my boyfriend. So I took this really unconventional chance. I'm happier for it and knowing it wasn't going to last forever allowed me to maximize what time I had with him.

...dickmatized?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    mim pls

I don't think I ever posted in SE++ until you @'d me in there.

Thank you for expanding my horizons, Skippy! :D

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    The supposedly leaked Star Wars VII plot sounds like the dumbest
    Luke's severed hand + lightsaber are found by the new hero and he goes on a quest to reunite it with it's owner

Luke's hand from Cloud City? That fell into a gas giant?

Or did he lose another hand later on? :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

¯\(°_o)/¯

...dickmatized?

Dick. Matized.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

¯\(°_o)/¯

wait are you just breaking up just cause or is one of you leaving?

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim, my heart, she is broken for your heart!

• Options
    the best shitty mall job I had was selling womens shoes at the Bon. because their stocking and storage systems were so disorganized it was normal and expected to spend 75% of your time in the storage caves even if you weren't slacking. The only interactions with customers was "do you have this in size X and color Y? I'll go check for you!"

Working in a bookstore was pretty chill. The only issue was the early days of the Oprah's Book Club where it didn't occur to anyone that Oprah might cause some books to be moved. So we'd get angry people demanding what the latest books on her list was. But given that the worst people were when Song of Solomon was on the list, I considered my vengeance already delivered. But other then that it was generally pretty chill.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    @Mim did you see when I posted this earlier
    Moon Animate Make-Up is a crowdsourced group animation project to re-animate an episode of Sailor Moon shot-by-shot in each artist's personal style. From October 2013 to July 2014, over two hundred and fifty animators contributed at least one shot each to assemble a full length parody episode of Sailor Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhh6TZ6qCE

I started watching it, but then I realized I really needed to clean. I'll finish it tonight but it's pretty amazing people came together and did this.

's like Bartkira.

This discussion has been closed.