As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gentlemen, you can't [Chat] in here, this is the War Room!

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I get mad maybe once a year. It's something I find difficult to relate to

you didn't get mad when your faulty design sent a flaming ball of fire into a crowd of people

you have transcended anger

Why would I have gotten mad at that? That was awesome.

In those kinds of situations I have learned to recognize, and enjoy, that tiny fleeting moment of "holy shit that was awesome" that you get right before the "oh fuck I hope that didn't maim anybody" comes rushing in

See, I react first and put out the fire (real or metaphorical) and by the time it's appropriate to process emotionally then there's never a reason to be angry.

I can't really see "angry" being an emotion involved here at all

the emotions are "AWESOME!" or "OH FUCK DID I JUST SET PEOPLE ON FIRE?", period

ftOqU21.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    when i play video games i am like roy jones, jr
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCOg8ZzUfg

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    So we just stopped at Burger King and I saw an employee slip the driver some cash.

I am officially on a cartel bus this pleases me. I am a mule.

I am speaking to general situations involving fire and/or explosions

ftOqU21.png
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Man, I've got the best boyfriend

...for like another week and 4 days...

Totally not my business but this is a thing that I cannot fathom or understand. It is literally the most foreign concept I've ever encountered on these forums.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Submitting this quote tree to Vice.
    "Freshness Guaranteed Until..."

Documenting the Seedy World of Relationships with Expiration Dates

I mean, I know it's strange and when I explain the situation to people I always get that "She's dickmatized to be doing something as dumb as this."

The situation was basically I liked Sarks for a long time, we were FWBs for awhile and I liked him and wanted a relationship but we realized that we wanted very different futures. It was strange to set a time limit on the relationship, but to me it would've been worse to not have had him as my boyfriend. So I took this really unconventional chance. I'm happier for it and knowing it wasn't going to last forever allowed me to maximize what time I had with him.

wait are you just breaking up just cause or is one of you leaving?

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim, my heart, she is broken for your heart!

There are many reasons! They're understandable and won't affect our friendship, I hope.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i watched my laid back roommate get so mad at guacamelee last night

he sucks at platformers

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    i am terrible at computers

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    It is better to have loved and lost than to have injected heroin, smoked meth and burned down a Burger King.

That's what I always say.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    mim wants babs and sarks is impotent that's what I heard

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Come on up for the Narwhal

Come on up, lay your hands in mine

Come on up for the Narwhal

Come on up for the Narwhal tonight

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Totally not my business but this is a thing that I cannot fathom or understand. It is literally the most foreign concept I've ever encountered on these forums.

¯\(°_o)/¯

I mean, I know it's strange and when I explain the situation to people I always get that "She's dickmatized to be doing something as dumb as this."

The situation was basically I liked Sarks for a long time, we were FWBs for awhile and I liked him and wanted a relationship but we realized that we wanted very different futures. It was strange to set a time limit on the relationship, but to me it would've been worse to not have had him as my boyfriend. So I took this really unconventional chance. I'm happier for it and knowing it wasn't going to last forever allowed me to maximize what time I had with him.

The romantic in me is sad for you.
    The old in me wants to be condescending and be like "It's adorable that you think you know what future you really want!" But that's not helpful because it really doesn't fucking matter.

The Ludious in me hates you both for changing and growing as people.

edited July 2014

Oh man, we wasted so much money on condoms then if that's the case...

Mim on
    godamnit I'm going to miss Tall Ships Races. It's coming to Bergen on thursday and I'm going to be in stavanger before then. Poop.

ftOqU21.png

Can confirm sarks is shooting blanks

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    It is better to have loved and lost than to have injected heroin, smoked meth and burned down a Burger King.

That's what I always say.

Hmm, might need to re-evaluate my itinerary for this weekend

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Nothing has made me as mad as the hover-snowmobile section of Battletoads.

I broke two controllers on that phase of the game before I got to where I could consistently beat it.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

Chu, you were trying to get AIDS from him, not Pregnant. He's AIDS free, not infertile.

doc5zfl9e8rxhd19keu8dbw.jpg?updated=210720141435

ftOqU21.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    i get so mad at games sometimes its so dumb

You and me jake. Like brothers.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

¯\(°_o)/¯

The old in me wants to be condescending and be like "It's adorable that you think you know what future you really want!" But that's not helpful because it really doesn't fucking matter.

what does Smeagol think?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    I feel like sloth is my favorite of the list of forumers I rarely talk to. Like, he is cherubic, white Korean eddy. Why don't he and I speak more often

Sloth we are beginning a one month trial friendship starting today send me your contact info immediately

¯\(°_o)/¯

what does Smeagol think?

Why would a Southron ever date a Gondorian? That's weirder than cooked fish.

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    i have complete control of my emotions 99% of the time when i am around other ppl. lud says i am vulcan.

i almost never say anything i dont mean to say, i do not immediately react to upsetting events and whenever i get angry i never actually lose my cool.

the trick is that i just bottle it all up inside and explode later when i'm at home in fits of tears and rage that ludious has to calm me down during. :)

growing up in a hostile environment teaches you that reacting emotionally is the number one thing you do not do because it makes you vulnerable. always behave like a duck - calm on the surface but paddling like the dickens underneath.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

There is something majestic about those ships racing that you just don't find in racing yachts.

I feel like sloth is my favorite of the list of forumers I rarely talk to. Like, he is cherubic, white Korean eddy. Why don't he and I speak more often

Sloth we are beginning a one month trial friendship starting today send me your contact info immediately

Be careful Sloth. Once you're in Chu's web of love, you can never get out.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sarksus insists on doing it with the lights out and, due to a crippling fear of spermjacking, always fakes his orgasm and substitutes a couple squirts from a dish detergent bottle full of simple syrup and egg whites.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.

Thomamelas wrote: »

There is something majestic about those ships racing that you just don't find in racing yachts.

majestic's the word alright.

My sister sailed on Christian Radich for the Shetland-Stavanger leg year before last. I wanna do that to. Maybe next year, on Statsraad Lehmkuhl or Radich.

ftOqU21.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    i have complete control of my emotions 99% of the time when i am around other ppl. lud says i am vulcan.

i almost never say anything i dont mean to say, i do not immediately react to upsetting events and whenever i get angry i never actually lose my cool.

the trick is that i just bottle it all up inside and explode later when i'm at home in fits of tears and rage that ludious has to calm me down during. :)

growing up in a hostile environment teaches you that reacting emotionally is the number one thing you do not do because it makes you vulnerable. always behave like a duck - calm on the surface but paddling like the dickens underneath.

Ducks are adorable and very good at swimming, this is a fantastic way to be if your analogy is anything to go on.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

¯\(°_o)/¯

That's pretty much how my breakup with my first serious girlfriend went.

We didn't put an expiration date on anything, but it became very clear that, despite our mutual affection, we wanted very different things in life, and there was no realistic way for us to compromise in a way that would make both of us happy.

Two goats enter, one car leaves

Chu, you were trying to get AIDS from him, not Pregnant. He's AIDS free, not infertile.

But he told me he was poz... what of my dreams of creating a super strain..

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ok told Steam to go fuck itself and got the TSW patcher from nefarious sources and did a base install and adding the files that way.

Steam seems like a poor way to play MMO's

what faction are you gonna pick :O

not dragon.

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Good point desque

Also shazchester69 can I have some?

Also re: sports -- the adult response to your team losing a big game is bowed head resignation followed by a week or more of harrowing depression

followed by years of getting angry for about 15 seconds every 6 or 7 months when you remember that ELI WAS FUCKING SACKED 3 TIMES BEFORE RODNEY COULDNT JUST WAVE HIS ARM AND JAR LOOSE A SLICK BALL PINNED AGAINST A SLICKER HELMET BY ONE HAND

and up next ... the 10 most improbable plays in sports history!

Nonononononono!

*helmet catch*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I'm hurt Chu

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular

Because its very sticky?

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Sarksus insists on doing it with the lights out and, due to a crippling fear of spermjacking, always fakes his orgasm and substitutes a couple squirts from a dish detergent bottle full of simple syrup and egg whites.

mim can only orgasm while wearing full ski gear

their love is strong but the relationship is doomed by these infernal summer temperatures

Delmain wrote: »

I'm hurt Chu

You're sort of like a gentile Chu and there's only one person Chu hates. Himself.

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    As anyone who has worked in a call center, retail, or any other customer-facing job knows, the secret to dealing with anger is channeling it into passive-aggressiveness.

passive aggressiveness is great and all but it just isnt enough for me. if i am really angry about something i want to go for the throat of the matter and resolve the issue. i spent way too many years pretending like something wasnt wrong when everything was. nowadays i like to use passive aggressiveness to fuel dissent and cause uprisings.

yep.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Like, mim, that one time you got salmonella poisoning and sarksus was just certain it must have been undercooked chicken...

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

This is why I am quite careful never to talk to Chu.

This discussion has been closed.