As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stargate: The (Re)watch Thread - SG-1 Season Three

14567810»

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yeah, The Storm and The Eye are two of my favourites, especially the part where
    Shepard activates the shield when reinforcements are about to arrive

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Okay that part was stone cold and I could see the Genii being jerk after that.

The whole
    you killed my father thing was really dumb and clumsy though. Oh this guy is making too much noise so instead of smothering and/or stabbing him I'm going to shoot him with my loud gun and ruin the stealth mission

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    That episode did give us another awesome Shepard moment
    When he reveals the hidden Puddle Jumpers when the Genii try to backstab them

I'll agree it's kinda dumb how the feud starts, but overall I love the Genii because of how douchey they are, and when you're one of the only Pegasus Galaxy races with an (albeit miniscule) chance of standing up to the Wraith, I can understand them being ruthless.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That episode did give us another awesome Shepard moment
    When he reveals the hidden Puddle Jumpers when the Genii try to backstab them

Yeah, that part was badass. You knew the double cross was coming, but I didn't expect him to have gunship support.

More Shepard awesome:
    When he's fighting that one wraith on the desert planet and uses a chocolate bar to call in an airstrike. It wasn't their best episode overall, but I did enjoy the back and forth over dealing with this one nasty ancient wraith who just wouldn't die.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Joe Flannigan was on last week's Fringe.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Actually, thinking about The Storm/Eye something is hilarious in hindsight
    When their relationship with the Genii originally falls through the episode ends with Weir mentioning a different race that they are establishing contact with

Their entire purpose in the series is to snitch to the Genii about the evacuation

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I think we can all agree that season 7's season finale is the best of the show

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Had to go look up which that was, but yeah.

I need to watch all of this again. I love Stargate.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Season 7's finale was good. Very solid, very big.

Season 8's was also pretty damn good, though. Felt far more finale, and was big enough (but not as big as 7's).

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Had to go look up which that was, but yeah

I need to watch all of this again. I love Stargate.

I would watch it with you.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    I've resurrected this thread because it seemed to be the newest Stargate thread that google could find.

I'm here to note that Amazon Prime appears to have all of the Stargate-material on instant watch (the original movie, SG-1, Atlantis, Universe and the two SG-1 movies). Whereas Netflix appears to only have the original movie on instant watch.

I'm also here to complain about how terrible Stargate: Universe's predictable characters, nonsensical shaky cam and cliche dialogue is, while also mourning the wasted premise. I want to watch it because I feel like it could get better, but it is so hard to watch after about 5 episodes.

I'm also here to mention that Window of Opportunity in season four of SG-1 is still fantastic.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Universe gets a lot better after the first half-season. It has probably the shakiest start of the three Stargate series, true, but stick with it and it gets real good.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    This has to be my favorite scene from Universe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAgODVbPq78

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Yeah that thing is fucking hilarious in retrospect. At least it gave them a worst-case scenario to aim away from.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I don't think they knew what they were trying to do with Stargate: Universe. On one hand, they were trying to build a new audience by getting away from all the baggage of the old continuity. But then they kept going back to all the Lucian Alliance stuff that the new viewers they were trying to attack didn't know anything about.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I actually wish they'd given Universe some more time to get better

I kind of liked it.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I just don't like how Universe ended on a cliffhanger, and we'll never find out what happened.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

The only problem with comparing this to Universe is that the camerawork is far too steady.

I have continued to venture into the abyss that is Universe (...unless it stops plummeting into a hole). Still more whining, predictable soap opera love triangles/cheating and a Richard Dean Anderson phoning it in. But people tell me it gets better. I'm assuming that's true.

I have no idea how the Lucian Alliance could possibly fit into the show as-is in a coherent way. As I recall they were a marginal subplot in the last season (or two) and played a bit role in the pilot. It's kind of like the mob attacking the space shuttle.

• Options
    Tox wrote: »

The only problem with comparing this to Universe is that the camerawork is far too steady.

I have continued to venture into the abyss that is Universe (...unless it stops plummeting into a hole). Still more whining, predictable soap opera love triangles/cheating and a Richard Dean Anderson phoning it in. But people tell me it gets better. I'm assuming that's true.

I have no idea how the Lucian Alliance could possibly fit into the show as-is in a coherent way. As I recall they were a marginal subplot in the last season (or two) and played a bit role in the pilot. It's kind of like the mob attacking the space shuttle.

The Lucian Alliance is the Space Mob. After the defeat of the Goa'uld, the Ori, Ba'al, the Replicators and the Wraith, they're the biggest enemy Earth has left going against them. I like the idea of them. Completely ruthless, amoral humans only recently freed from slavery, equipped with all the advanced Goa'uld technology they left lying around (which the Goa'uld themselves stole in the first place), saying HEY POWER VACUUM LET'S RULE THIS GALAXY GUYS.

They make sense as a credible threat when you keep in mind the "they got all the Goa'uld stuff at a bargain" angle.

sig.gif