As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Australia Enforcer application are now open

KwaizyKwaizy PAX AUS Enforcer ManagerCanberraRegistered User regular
Say it with flowers, Send a Triffid.
Sanity is a slippery slope, and I'm wearing Teflon shoes.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    slowpoke ;)

• jreidjreid Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Application sent in, fingers crossed!

• MissMimagenMissMimagen Perth, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Application completed, very excited! Now we wait :)

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Application completed, very excited! Now we wait :)

Indeed Patience, an excellent enforcer trait.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • BuzzPuppyBuzzPuppy Registered User regular
    Adding myself to the list here as a potential first-time Enforcer.

Tempted to find a place in a dorm at the local backpackers (Urban Backpackers?) so I'm closer to the shenanigans (Melbourne resident myself).

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Got my application accepted today! Time to take some sexy photos of myself for my ID ;)

• CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not too sexy. Someone made that mistake a few years back and now I can't eat Hungry Jacks ever again.

• f4ctionf4ction Melbourne, AURegistered User new member
    Darn, nothing yet! I am hoping my years of experience in security and first aid will be for something! Grats, Fitz. Hope to see you there!

• KewpieKewpie Registered User regular
    I imagine this question has been asked before but I went searching and my eyes appear to have missed it if it has, so,
    is there a usual amount of time one has to wait before they will find if they are/aren't an enforcer? I imagine there are a lot of them and that human eyes are having to peer at them, so...I would think more than a day or two and this thread seems to indicate it is around a week. Does a week sound roughly correct? I'm asking mostly because a Bill Bailey related 'emergency' came up and I suspect next Monday would be too soon to expect a response. :S

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    It can vary - I am also a coordinator for the Cookie Brigade, so I might be an outlier as far as being accepted early. Until other people start getting their invites, I wouldn't stress, we have months to go :)

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Kewpie wrote: »
    is there a usual amount of time one has to wait before they will find if they are/aren't an enforcer?

This year has some new people\processes in place so history probably isn't the best guide. @riot or @kwaizy are probably the only two that can say for sure.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • KwaizyKwaizy PAX AUS Enforcer Manager CanberraRegistered User regular
    The first batch of acceptance emails just went out yesterday, there are still oodles of applications to review though, so hang in there. =^_^=

Say it with flowers, Send a Triffid.
    Sanity is a slippery slope, and I'm wearing Teflon shoes.
    edited July 2014
    All good, thank you for the responses. Mostly asking because if I didn't get accepted I would then be able to go to a Bill Bailey thing in Newcastle but the tickets go on sale quite soon so purchasing them becomes a little bit of a gamble. :)

Kewpie on
    Kewpie wrote: »
    All good, thank you for the responses. Mostly asking because if I didn't get accepted I would then be able to go to a Bill Bailey thing in Newcastle but the tickets go on sale quite soon so purchasing them becomes a little bit of a gamble. :)

He's pretty popular you can always onsell them. But as if you would want to miss Pax!

He's pretty popular you can always onsell them. But as if you would want to miss Pax!
    This is true. :3 Danke again.

WOOHOO! Mine only came through this morning before 9am.

Time to get my steely-jawed thousand-yard stare going for the ID photo*

*note "stare" may come from just one too many FPS games spanning over 20 years.

• PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    And then some of us are just fashionably late with our applications.

Got my "Passport photo" in after acceptance, but I guess there are a lot of applications to process as well?

I also double checked the email address to forward the photo onwards, compared to where the acceptance was sent from :smiley:

Yep there is quite a few - they are doing them in batches.

I put my photo in about 2 weeks ago and just got my invite to forums email.

Same, just an hour ago @Fitzchivalry‌ it came through :smiley:

• f4ctionf4ction Melbourne, AURegistered User new member
    Are Enforcer applications still being processed? Or should I still be holding on to my 3 day pass?

• KristovKristov Now known as Tazz1e -- Aus [E] HobartRegistered User new member
    @f4ction, your best bet would be to hold on to your 3 day pass.

If accepted as an Enforcer, you'll be able to have your pass refunded. In the unfortunate event you're not accepted, you can still enjoy PAX!

• AndrozielAndroziel Registered User new member
    Im in! Just sent off my passport photo! Will be great to meet all you enforcers at the event.

• PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    I was accepted but had to withdraw as I can't commit to a schedule. This may create another Enforcer vacancy. Also I might not be the only person who has to withdraw after acceptance. Therefore I suggest any potential Enforcers submit their application up to the time there is an announcement to say all positions have been filled. You never know, you may be lucky enough to be accepted..

PDP11 wrote: »
    Therefore I suggest any potential Enforcers submit their application up to the time there is an announcement to say all positions have been filled. You never know, you may be lucky enough to be accepted..

Actually applications are closed for this year, if you didn't get it in already try next year. If patterns hold it will be at least a few years before there is no more need of public applications.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png