As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, July 21, 2014 - The Talk, By Mike Krahulik

2»

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I feel like the best outcome of 'the talk' is exactly the one all these parents seem to be afraid of: kids thinking 'omg sex is grossssss' until they're at least like, 14.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    My parents threw a giant book at me, told me to read it, and said to come talk to them if I still had questions.

Was it Flowers for Algernon?

Flowers for Algernon isn't that long though! It is a short story.

Moby Dick, maybe. The book was very large.

Unless you're trying to say my posts have become gradually more intelligent until they peaked, and are now becoming dumber.

Sure... :#

Meant the awkward sex stuff in it.

Oh, well in that case, GRRM has pretty giant books with awkward sex stuff in it!

• Options
    InvertinInvertin Registered User regular
    I never had any talk either. Not my parent's fault, really, I never asked and we did do sex ed in school.

By the time our school decided it was time to teach us how it actually worked, I already knew from the internet, so...

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    shit, kids these days probably see like a dozen penises in vaginas on their phones before breakfast each morning.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    shit, kids these days probably see like a dozen penises in vaginas on their phones before breakfast each morning.

291355348_jA6TH-L-2.jpg

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Well. My "talk" wasn't delayed to any particular time. My parents were always kind of hyped about the triumph of medical science.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Well. My "talk" wasn't delayed to any particular time. My parents were always kind of hyped about the triumph of medical science.

MIne either. It meant I had an accurate understanding of the mechanics of everything, but I got zero of the social aspects. So like 5% of what I needed.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    My parents used this book.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Thats right, why bother explaining aspects of life when world teaches them anyway. One way or another.

One thing i don't get here. What is there to shame in this issue ? But then again, i don't get the shame in farts, nakedness, etc . either.

What made a human so ashamed of his/her natural self ?

• Options
    TurielDTurielD Registered User regular
    So what happened to The Talk Finale? G&T even made a DLC episode about it :neutral_face:

• Options
    Milamber_29Milamber_29 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Indeed. Kinda wondering where the talk finale is? Its only references that it exist are the DLC post and a mention in the kris talk post.

Milamber_29 on
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    It's definitely a strange omission.

Unrelated:
    Gaslight wrote: »
    291355348_jA6TH-L-2.jpg

Man, I miss that art style.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    So are we officially not getting this advertised and promoted comic?

If we are, I don't understand this extended gap.