As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes: Part 2, The Revengeance

CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in Graphic Violence
Heroes is back! And thankfully we are now in the second season, which means no more tedious character introductions and explanations of the world's workings. Except for all the tedious introductions of new characters, that is.

The new season begins four months after the conclusion of last season, with an episode aptly titled "Four Months Later". Some new characters introduced:

Apparently there was not enough teen angst last season, so the show introduces us to West, a boy that Claire meets at her new school.
west.jpg
West is creepy and likes to judge people.

Mirroring current events, the show has also started taking on illegal immigrants.
mayaalejandro.jpg
Maya and Alejandro, a brother and sister pair, are making their way to America. I wonder what a pair of deadly mutants would do for the immigration debate?

Next we have a new face for "The Company", which is apparently still around despite last season's setbacks.
companyman.jpg
I didn't catch this guy's name, but I'm going to nickname him Midas.

Finally, my personal favorite, new cast member Takezo Kensei, who is... a gaijin?!?
kensei.jpg
Japanese pride hits a new low.

So, I have to confess that after letting things stew for a few months, I wasn't sure I was going to be excited about Heroes again, but this season opener really pulled me back in. Anyone else feel the same way?

CyberJackal on

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    Indeed, West is creepy.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was the guy flying outside of Claire's window, right?

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Grifter wrote: »
    Indeed, West is creepy.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was the guy flying outside of Claire's window, right?

I will not correct you because you are not wrong.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So presumably there's nothing more to Peter's return, than him healing back from the blast? Why the hell would their mother be saying that Nathan killed Peter?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Some really good questions that the first episode raises:
    Who is the guy that's scaring Molly and why is he such a terrifying presence?
    What the hell is with that symbol?
    Who are these other guys marking the older Heroes (Mrs. Petrelli, Mr. Nakamura) for death?
    Exactly how many times has that eclipse happened, and does it always coincide with the emergence of super powered people?
    Hiro is his own ancestor?

I might rewatch the episode to see what else I missed. Not much in the way of action here, just a whole lot of mystery and setting up. Ando has a part to play, but what will it be? And where's DL, Niki, and Micah?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Some really good questions that the first episode raises:
    Who is the guy that's scaring Molly and why is he such a terrifying presence?
    What the hell is with that symbol?
    Who are these other guys marking the older Heroes (Mrs. Petrelli, Mr. Nakamura) for death?
    Exactly how many times has that eclipse happened, and does it always coincide with the emergence of super powered people?
    Hiro is his own ancestor?

I might rewatch the episode to see what else I missed. Not much in the way of action here, just a whole lot of mystery and setting up. Ando has a part to play, but what will it be? And where's DL, Niki, and Micah?
    The symbol is that double helix that all "specials" seem to have. It was talked about in last years season towards the beginning.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Because of scheduling conflicts I was never able to continuously watch Season one of Heroes, so admittedly I am confused on certain aspects. However it was still enjoyable to watch and understandable within the new seasons own context. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Suicide Slyde on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Grifter wrote: »
    Indeed, West is creepy.
    Sure call him creepy, but if you could fly by the power of will alone, you'd probably be hanging out around the hot chicks bedroom window too.

Well, I would.

I'd use it for other stuff too, getting to work without paying for gas and the like.
    But mostly just being a creepy ass flying peeping tom.

see317 on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I didn't catch this guy's name, but I'm going to nickname him Ned Ryerson.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nartwak wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing. I keep calling him "needle nose ned"

smokmnky on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ned the Head.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Nartwak wrote: »

Touche.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wake me when Kristen Bell shows up

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Werner Brandes.

For some reason the guy who plays Kensei reminds me of Malcolm McDowell.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    His name is David Anders, he played Sark on Alias.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh. Alias, eh?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    So presumably there's nothing more to Peter's return, than him healing back from the blast? Why the hell would their mother be saying that Nathan killed Peter?
    Because they think he's dead.

And I'm sure there's more to Peter's return, considering he woke up shirtless, an amnesiac, tied up inside a shipping box. Unless he just got really, really drunk after healing from the blast.

Lux on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Wait, this kid has the same power as Nathan? Thats kind of lazy.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    He appears to have the same power, but really strong telekinesis or gravity manipulation can mimic the flight power pretty easily.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mr Muggles is back!

I am sated~

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Don't Peter's powers work on him having to think specifically about the person who's power he's trying to mimic?
    I don't see how he could do that at the end of the episode if he's amnesiac. Therefore I speculate that another, so-far-unknown group found him after the explosion, before he regenerated and did the Six-Million-Man thing and turned him into a CYBORG.

Probably not, actually.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Who in the nine hells was the guy in the bar whom Claire called on the phone? I don't think he is who he appears to be.

Was he...
    Sylar?

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Legacy Virus?

Really?

C'mon

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Who in the nine hells was the guy in the bar whom Claire called on the phone? I don't think he is who he appears to be.

Was he...
    Sylar?

It was her dad, Nathan.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wait, this kid has the same power as Nathan? Thats kind of lazy.

It only works within 5 feet of a tree.

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Soo....Peter picked up Nikki/Jessica's power and is now living inside Nathan as a scarred ghost? But is at the same time handcuffed in a shipping crate in Ireland?

Random guess: he died in the explosion, and his personality got imprinted onto his brother as a copy of Jessica's power. However, his body healed thanks to Claire's power, but is currently without any memories because they're all in Nathan. No idea who's shipping him around as iPods though.

Scooter on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Soo....Peter picked up Nikki/Jessica's power and is now living inside Nathan as a scarred ghost? But is at the same time handcuffed in a shipping crate in Ireland?

Random guess: he died in the explosion, and his personality got imprinted onto his brother as a copy of Jessica's power. However, his body healed thanks to Claire's power, but is currently without any memories because they're all in Nathan. No idea who's shipping him around as iPods though.
    Where do you get that Peter is living inside Nathan aka Nikki's power?

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DharmaBum wrote: »

He totally used his super strength to...force himself. Into Nathan's mind.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »

Well presumeably Nikki's power is to incorperate people's Psyche into herself, and then her sister's super power was Super Strength. Kinda makes sense that she only has super strength when she is her sister's personality.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »

Well presumeably Nikki's power is to incorperate people's Psyche into herself, and then her sister's super power was Super Strength. Kinda makes sense that she only has super strength when she is her sister's personality.

In the last season Nikki learned to use the strength by herself. My interpretation is that the split personality ghosting was Jessica's power.
    Nathan looked into the mirror and saw a scarred version of himself, or Peter, not 100% sure but it doesn't really matter which. It's either related to Nikki/Jessica (which I can only imagine happening through Peter), or he's just fucking crazy.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Really the ghosting/personality splitting is an oddly specific and generally useless power if you think about it.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Do we have any idea what powers Nathan's Mom and Papa Hiro have/had?

Maximum on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I seem to remember there being hints that Mom had a similar power to someone else, but less complicated, which was mostly taken as being future-vision without needing to paint.

Scooter on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've got it! Nathan is really Candice!

Everyone is really Candice! All kinds of craziness possible when you've got a shape shifter on the loose.

Lux on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The scarred up Peter in the mirror was just Nathan torturing himself, because he thinks peter is dead. The fact that he blames himself is dumb, and the fact that ma petrelli thinks it's Nathan's fault that Peter is dead is also dumb, since they had a foregone conclusion that he would be able to survive with Claire's power. I mean, dude still blew up, no matter where he was when it happened.

I heard a theory that Nathan is the one offing the Originals. I like that theory.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I like it, other than it not jiving with Hiro's dad saying it was one of the old 12.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I like it, other than it not jiving with Hiro's dad saying it was one of the old 12.
    But Linderman wasn't killed by one of the old 12, and didn't Hiro's dad say that the same guy was doing it to all of them?

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But Linderman wasn't killed by one of the old 12, and didn't Hiro's dad say that the same guy was doing it to all of them?
    No, he was just sort of lamenting how many had died. And we know it was one of the old 12 because of the whole "Of all of them I never thought it would be you" line.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    MaximumJ wrote: »
    We can be relatively certain that Papa Hiro wasn't able to fly.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Somthing involving a sword prehaps? He did have Ando go find one so he could fight.

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Somthing involving a sword prehaps? He did have Ando go find one so he could fight.
    If that were the case you would think he would at least keep a knife on him at all times. Hell, being a CEO he could probably get away with walking around with a sword.

PantheraOnca on