As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Dam

• Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    I wonder if the pills are leeching into the water. Will the kitty remember how all those cats got into the air-drop box??

• awesomejekaawesomejeka Registered User regular
    Oh nooooo! At first, I thought "oh great! A break from the sads in the last story" but you got me again, Katie. Well done, lol.

• OreoOreo Registered User regular
    Somehow I missed the comic with the elephant candy. I'm not sure how, because I'm pretty sure I went back and forth between the two comics on either side of it at least twice.

As far as I knew, Seventeen left Malachi at the library and just started remembering. It all makes so much more sense now.

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    Katie, it's one thing to have animals eating drugs. It's another to have it then go to a flashback to an accidental murder. And then there's a third level of wrong with Malachai's letter ending up here.

To put it simply: Dam.

• osaryesosaryes Registered User regular
    HA HA HA. OH WOW. Many of us are terrible human beings.

The strip tittle is almost a speech bubble. However, I have the feeling this cat is so obvious it might not be the cat we are supposed to spot.

• VoldNESsVoldNESs Registered User new member
    Perfect comic. Fits 'The Perry Bible Fellowship' mold and still holds your unique style too. One of my favorites.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Arr. That thar be gallows humour. Arr.

• KempsonKempson Registered User regular
    To cass16x:

Refer to the first comic. Could be a coincidence.

• MadeToPostMadeToPost Registered User new member
    Man, this one just made me sad... guess you guys dont have kids

• DanreivDanreiv Registered User new member
    Malachi's letter from strip 1 in panel 3...

That's both funny and sad...

• TrueStopwatchTrueStopwatch General Nuisance MassachasattsRegistered User regular
    And this is why you should always dispose of medicine and drugs in a safe manner, which often means NOT kicking it into the fucking river, Colin.

• psychomadeyepsychomadeye Registered User new member
    #1 cause of dying beavers.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so the entire Seventeen arc was just to set up this gag then right? i can just see the thinking....

"Hmmm, need a way explain what these pills do before the beaver eats them..... I know, what if one the kids eats them first! But which one? *thinking intensifies* Of course! Seventeen can't read! She can eat them and have a traumatic experience that'll make everyone cry and then I can make the joke about a beaver accidentally killing his family! Its perfect!"

and it worked too damn it! we read ever strip, our hearts breaking along the way and then damn it if we didn't laugh. bravo Katie, bravo.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Oh man... The expression on the beavers face in that last panel... I'm laughing... But I think my heart might just have split in two...

Also, it was a very tricky one, but I THINK I've found the kittie :p

• FeefafoozleFeefafoozle Registered User regular
    These have been so grim lately. Please bring back a bit more of the childhood whimsy and the lighter atmosphere. 17 found, back with her friends demands it!

• PrivateJokerPrivateJoker Registered User regular
    So the Elephant Candy literally only makes you remember horrific things.

• fedcomicfedcomic Registered User regular
    Am I crazy or is that current going the wrong way? A beaver pond is created when flowing water hits the dam and has nowhere to go so it backs up. In other words, the inflow and the pond are upstream from the dam and the outflow. Flotsam should collect at the top of the dam; at the bottom of the dam, the stream runs off to the sea or whatever. Or have I got myself all mixed up the way I do when I try to figure out what time it is in different time zones?

• kiritsukerukiritsukeru Registered User new member
    I am dying of laughter, and yet am so sad for the despondent beaver and his terrible beaver past.

• Spman2099Spman2099 Registered User regular
    I haven't posted in a while, but I just wanted to chime in and state that this comic was absolutely perfect. The look of horror on the beaver's face says EVERYTHING... Great work, Katie.

• EugeeEugee Registered User new member
    That's probably the funniest (most horrible) thing I've laughed at all year. I want that beaver face on a t-shirt now...

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    More proof that you shouldn't drink and gnaw.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So...apparently we have entered a new phase of the comic. Instead of the hidden kitty, we will be looking for a suicidal beaver. perhaps hanging from a tree?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • davericedaverice Registered User regular
    Oh no! I watched yesterday, but didn't see. I missed the tail under the tree, now I realize why the poor guy is so despondent. Sometimes things in the past are better forgotten.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    @eugee YES! I would buy that too, now Katie please make it so :p

• JamesMasonJamesMason Registered User regular
    This might be more horrible when you consider beavers do grieve for their dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5uzpLXrQx0
    It's possible Katie knew this and chose the beaver specifically for it.
    Still, this is probably the darkest the comic has ever gotten.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Well, dang. This is not something that was known when choosing to use a beaver.

The beaver was used pretty much just because they live in the river, which gave the pills somewhere to wind up. (Plus, the idea of Malachi's letter being stuck in a beaver dam had been kicking around for a long time.)

• euichoeuicho MaineRegistered User regular
    Looks like he went from being a beaver to being a... bereaver.

Pinny Pal Profile | PAX East '10,-'15
  • martian_bobmartian_bob Registered User new member
    YEEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

• MeinschendtlerMeinschendtler Registered User new member
    I laughed so hard at this when the comic first came out and now I just read the title for the first time and laughed even harder.

• Spman2099Spman2099 Registered User regular
    Dammit, James Mason, now I feel bad. Jeez, the sound of that beaver grieving is heart rending... You made things a little too dark, dude.

• SpikeguySpikeguy Registered User regular
    Oh man, now we're getting into hardcore Beaver based drama. I love it.

• caputcaput Registered User new member
    i am so sad now.............

• TheSoulReaver87TheSoulReaver87 Registered User new member
    This is awesome. Takes something tragic and adds to it in a humorous way. This is a great comic Katie!

• Shark.FighterShark.Fighter Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    @fedcomic i agree it looks a little bit odd. at first it appears the water is higher on the left side, or that the current is heading the wrong way, but if you study panel 2, because of perspective the water looks to be equal level on both sides. the dam is like a /\ shape with water equal on both sides.. maybe it is newly constructed, or not fully stopping water yet. either that or a mistake was made whilst drawing.. yeah.

bereaver..... lol.

Shark.Fighter on
  • SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Beaver, wood and memories. What's not to like?

• mushymushy Unprofessional Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    There are so many puns in that title with comic that i nearly lost my mind laughing at them. I love this one

mushy on
  • fedcomicfedcomic Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Shark Fighter: I like your interpretation better than my assumption that a mistake was made, so that's what I'm going with from now on. :)

fedcomic on
  • Kyle4988Kyle4988 Registered User new member
    What is the message in the bottle, in panel 3 I wonder. Hmm.

• NeolitheonNeolitheon Registered User new member
    Along the lines of "Camp is great mom, there's only been one fire, it's been four months and I need a hair cut", Kyle.

• ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Nothing is truly forgotten but mind blurs some things for a reason.