As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - The Talk, By Abby Howard

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PA Comic] Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - The Talk, By Abby Howard

The Talk, By Abby Howard

The Talk, By Abby Howard

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/07/23

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• SanguineAngelSanguineAngel Lord Centre of the UniverseRegistered User regular
    A FACT of LIFE is that Abby Howard is Hilarious

steam_sig.png
  • TAFKAPTAFKAP Warrior-Jumper Registered User regular
    Yay! Bonus Abby comic!

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    *slow-clap*

"How do you keep getting into my house," indeed.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I love Abby.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    This? This is art.

• NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    Wouldn't the world be a simpler place if this were true? If sex was just for fun, women never had to suffer morning sickness or die in childbirth, and both parents were perfect equal partners. It would truly be a utopia. Except for storks.

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    If'n they're gonna do this right, they need to drop the M/W/F schedule and let us have a bunch of guest comics. Unless they plan on carrying this in to next week.

I'd be fine with that, as well.

Because sometimes, just sometimes, having guest artists/writists can be a fun break from the usual. This storyline would be one of those times. If it's only one or two guest strips I might be disappoint. Get 6-12? Good times. I mean, it's supposed to be a "carousel of strangers" right? "Carousel" implies numerous people, not just a couple or even a few.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, MOAR.

• darklaodarklao Registered User regular
    Needs more dove brick, tbqh.

• AntonNULAntonNUL Registered User regular
    This is fucking great.

Oh, and there is a high-res version available, although it's not much larger than the strip itself.

• DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    I love those Gabe front teeth.

• Ryan@Ryan@ Registered User regular
    I love this sort of non-sequiter comic, and the last panel almost made me spit out my coffee

• PirateguybrushPirateguybrush Registered User new member
    Maybe it's just me, but this seems awfully similar to a very recent SMBC comic.

20140718.png
    http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?id=3424

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    abby comic yessssss

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I usually don't like the guest strips but this is fantastic.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Abby is my fav

if y'all don't read her AWESOME COMIC ya probably should

Oh brilliant
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Yes, quite similar.

Two comics discussing explaining birth happening to include storks.

Such copy.

Much plagiarize.

Wow.

Psykoma on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Abby is my fav

if y'all don't read her AWESOME COMIC ya probably should

Or her other AWESOME COMIC.

YoungFrey on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    goddamnit Abby is so fucking fantastic

why isn't she making like fifty comics per day

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    WHY

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    There is a smugness to SMBC that I find unbearable.

• stephenrstephenr Registered User new member

They are a bit similar. Which is interesting because I am pretty sure she had finished this and sent it to penny arcade some time before SMBC released their comic (that SMBC was just last friday). I guess great minds think alike.

• PsycheRachPsycheRach Registered User regular
    Hahaha, Abby, that is so good.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The comics Abby made for Strip Search were my absolute favorites during the entire run. I got laughs out of the others but Abby had me dying.

• geniekidgeniekid Registered User regular
    The first panel is pure gold. The framing, the lighting, the facial expressions, and the dialogue are perfect.

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Of course Abby was their first choice. She was one of the few contestants to get a instant laugh from her first strip about cats & cars.
    I really hope Erika Moen is doing one of these because you know that would be extremely "graphic".

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    I've been a huge Abby fan since I was first introduced to her on Strip Search, and have loved TLH with every release. To see her guest a strip for PA makes my heart warm.

And, let's be honest, I think it's safe to say that Abby has a key to all our houses, whether we want to or not. (I want to.)

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    Abby gets it. Her comics (and videos) are a sunshine of my life.

• Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    @Pirateguybrush‌
    Dammit. You beat me to it.

Despite being an Abby fan, Zach beat her to it and with a better joke.
    The idea of humans having parasitically co-evolved with Storks just tickles me more than Abby's black magic.

Twenty Sided on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Abby's punchline is better. She's just so pleased with herself.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Go Team Tangent!

I hope Katie is doing one as well, I love what she's doing with Camp Wedonwancha.

• BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The twisted take on the stork story is like the The Aristocrats joke. It's ancient and there are a billion hundred versions and I prefer Abby's brand of twistedness on this one. Also that she has a better first punchline and a great bonus one.

I can't help posting this even though I know she said a bunch of times she hates it when people do any kind of break down of comic strips. Just one of my many unfortunate compulsions.

Bucho on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    stephenr wrote: »

They are a bit similar. Which is interesting because I am pretty sure she had finished this and sent it to penny arcade some time before SMBC released their comic (that SMBC was just last friday). I guess great minds think alike.

Or twisted minds run in the same gutter.

steam_sig.png
    It's gotten to the point where 90% of the time I read any comic, I think about how much it would be improved if Abby had written/drawn it. Her expressions are like mini-jokes all by themselves.

In my cartoonist-fantasies she's best friends with Kate Beaton and they solve mysteries together.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So hey, this is the only Guest comic I can seem to remember. Have PA ever farmed a strip out before, ever?

I got a vague notion of some strips last year as part of Strip Search, but I wanna say they were Trenches, not PA?

Oh brilliant
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    So hey, this is the only Guest comic I can seem to remember. Have PA ever farmed a strip out before, ever?

I got a vague notion of some strips last year as part of Strip Search, but I wanna say they were Trenches, not PA?

The Lookouts.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    They did a whole week of guest comics related to disease outbreaks at PAX a few years ago, I think.

• JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    There were guest comics by Scott Kurtz and Kate Beaton too.
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/04/05

Jishian on
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Heck, even Bill Amend from Foxtrot did one:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/09/09

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Erika had one prior to Strip Search. She referenced it on the show.
    We're bros. These are our wieners touching.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.