As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Google Chrome Issue

Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet:Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
Okay, so this has only been happening for a day or so, I've tried restarting my computer and looking for any viruses or spyware to explain it but I can't. Whenever I start Chrome for the past day or so, it runs jerkily, and then anywhere from 3-10 minutes after I start it up, it stops responding and eventually crashes. Almost every time it stops responding it takes up 1.3 gigs, and hovers around 50 CPU use. Something similar happened awhile ago, but it sorted itself out before I could figure out what was causing it. I really don't know what to do, or what's causing the issue. It started happening after I opened a bunch of tabs trying to do a bunch of things at once. I've done this more than a few times in the past and it doesn't usually make this happen, but something similar happened last time Chrome started freaking out.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Do you have a lot of extensions or whatever Chrome calls them installed?

Do other browsers do the same thing? A lot of browsers use GPU rendering now. Does your screen flicker or behave strangely?

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Do you have a lot of extensions or whatever Chrome calls them installed?

Do other browsers do the same thing? A lot of browsers use GPU rendering now. Does your screen flicker or behave strangely?

I've checked my extensions and there's nothing new that would cause these problems. I haven't noticed any flickering, and I've switched to Firefox and it works fine.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Have you tried uninstalling chrome and starting over from scratch? I'd also try turning off all your extensions and seeing if the problem persists.