As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Estiah], Or how to play a mmorpg at work

1222324252628»

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yann wrote: »
    I had the only epic charm in the game for a while. 8-)

When we broke the game with constant buffs and killed that dragon boss.

This game rocked back then, I thought the developers would have released something new by now.

Remember when we had to remove our guild picture because it got reported and we replaced it with a kitten or puppy or something? Good Times. . .

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Entaru wrote: »

This game rocked back then, I thought the developers would have released something new by now.

Remember when we had to remove our guild picture because it got reported and we replaced it with a kitten or puppy or something? Good Times. . .

Ah yes. The LuftWaffles. :lol:

Yann on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Entaru wrote: »

Ah yes. The LuftWaffles. :lol:

That was an incredible guild banner. Waffle swastika for the win!

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    FreyajackFreyajack Registered User regular
    I am intentionally necro-ing this thread to let people who read it know that Estiah 2 finally came out. So far I like it - I'm not totally sure how I feel about the interactive battles yet, but it seems to have retained the fun and spirit of the original.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    oh shit, that is kind of exciting
    estiah2 seems to be very different from estiah.

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    I tried Estiah 2 for a bit since I used to play the first one a lot, but to me the real time combat kills the whole game. It turns it from a thoughtful game of deck building to a real-time spam fest. YMMV of course.

• Options
    FreyajackFreyajack Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    I tried Estiah 2 for a bit since I used to play the first one a lot, but to me the real time combat kills the whole game. It turns it from a thoughtful game of deck building to a real-time spam fest. YMMV of course.

Try turning the combat speed down to very slow (as I did). Once you get past level 20 (which comes quickly), the battles become much more strategic and tactical, requiring you to both carefully design your deck and think about what the optimal charm is to play on any given turn.

I just did my first "raid" dungeon with someone the other day, and the real-time interaction is nice. There's an in-battle chat and you can debate strategy, etc.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'll give it a look, but if it's not deck-builder based it seems like you can't really call it Estiah.

They could've drawn from all the board game elements that have gone into new deck builder elements in the past few years, too.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    yeah i'm really not a fan of the combat system now. I got up to level 14 before quitting, i feel it lessened the experience compared to the original

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST