As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Eyes up, Guardians. Our adventure begins!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna play with me? Strike? PvP? Random stuff? I'm online!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    So I've never actually played an FPS on a console before. Downloading the beta now for my roommate's PS4. I predict hilarious amounts of abject failure.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Maybe I missed something but this game does a horrible job at times explaining things. I finished a mission and got offered some weapons. 2 rocket launchers and a machine gun. I didn't realize this was a "heavy" weapon and went with the machine gun as I've been using a hand cannon. Not a bad thing, but I really didn't know what I was selecting. After doing this, I realized I had a shotgun. I have not figured out how to switch to this though. Took me awhile to figure out holding Y gave me the machine gun, and I kept running around with no ammo in a PVP match because you have to pick it up I guess.

Also, I guess you can shoot on the speeders? I have hit every button and haven't figured it out but I swear I saw people doing this.

You got the shotgun in the intro mission. Where it should have splashed a big "Press Y to equip special weapon" across the screen. :stuck_out_tongue:

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Downloaded the Destiny beta on my PS3 last night (may try to do the same on my xbox 360). Wow, It felt like I was litteraly playing Halo. So many recycled annimation. The reload gun and melee attack at the same. Exact same. The game graphics, interface are like almost cut and paste. Makes you wonder if Bungie can make something different anymore. Seriously, with minimal effort, this could be an Halo game. Don't get me wrong, I love Halo, but I'm suprised how identical Destiny gameplay/interface/annimation are identical to Halo.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Gonna try and rush a titan to level 8 since that's the only class I haven't played at all with. I've got the next few days off, let's do some stuff and things tonight!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ended up finding a free trial for Gold so I could play around with the paperweight a bit.

Definitely interesting, lots of polish... although I felt like it was made for a better control scheme and I was fighting the controller the entire time I was playing it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    [quote="CarbonFire;30360397"
    I really wish the 6v6 maps (other than the Moon) were a bit bigger. There's barely any room to flank, and a well organized team can lock down pretty devastating killing lanes on maps like Venus. So far not super sold on any of the Crucible maps, but I've yet to try the Mars one.[/quote]

Venus and moon are the only two maps I've played. Seems to me the issue with both is less size abd more restricted firing lanes.

It's too easy to set up and cover the fire lanes effectively and quickly have 2-4 guns on anyone coming at you. Halo had less closed maps so it was less "oh just back up a bit and I'm safe unless they want to chase into a murder zone"

It's an awesome game but Venu lets you lock C and B down too easy

616610-1.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I got a Hunter from 1 to 7 in about 2 hours, and I wasted a bunch of time dying.

• Options
    skippymchaggisskippymchaggis Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    does anyone know what bonuses the Microsoft store per-order of Destiny comes with? I am trying to determine if i need to cancel that pre-order and go with someone else for free stuff (particularly the expansion pass).

edit: looks like i just preordered the basic edition which doesn't get the expansion. still wondering about the vanguard pack stuff though)

skippymchaggis on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I did a pvp match last night where 1 minute in 4 team members left after all 3 control points were lost. So I just /dance /sitdown for 90% of the match. sometimes they would dance with me or sit with me, then stopped when they realized they could run their k/d up. about 2 minutes later I was the only one on my team. Then in the last 1 minute of the match with it being like 13k to 1k 5 people suddenly get inserted into the match.

It was not a good experience.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Don't forget to be on at 2pm PST tomorrow to help them test their server capacities and such

We are supposed to get something special AND "PERMANENT."

Maybe a weapon?

I thought that message said Sunday, not Friday; just logged in again and it didn't pop. Anyone confirm, because I'll be conducting an interview at that time and won't be able to even remote in on the Vita.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    does anyone know what bonuses the Microsoft store per-order of Destiny comes with? I am trying to determine if i need to cancel that pre-order and go with someone else for free stuff (particularly the expansion pass).

edit: looks like i just preordered the basic edition which doesn't get the expansion. still wondering about the vanguard pack stuff though)

Vanguard pack is just earlier access to the Vanguard store in game. Not really worth it IMHO.

The "deluxe" game pre-orders just get you two skins that are pretty dull and the expansions but only saves you about 5$.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »
    Don't forget to be on at 2pm PST tomorrow to help them test their server capacities and such

We are supposed to get something special AND "PERMANENT."

Maybe a weapon?

I thought that message said Sunday, not Friday; just logged in again and it didn't pop. Anyone confirm, because I'll be conducting an interview at that time and won't be able to even remote in on the Vita.

It's Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 2pm PDT.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Also remember, the emblem you get, and iron banner was confirmed by bungie to not be the 'surprizes' that are coming. Grimoire stuff hints it might unlock some moon missions, but who knows.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Weekly Bungie.net mailbag is today, too, and they said they're going to "tease" whatever the Saturday thing will be. Hopefully, they say something like, "We need you on the moon!" and then we'll know. Or maybe they'll say, "Hey, haven't you really wanted to try that level 10 gear?"

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Cool thing last night, come across two groups duking it out. A random person comes up and we both start shooting at these two groups. He goes down and I haul ass to my objective. I love that every baddy doesn't automatically target you and you can come across these things. Def ready for the games release

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Ugh. Got a code Wednesday, but it took all night to download. Got home from work yesterday with a massive headache, so I wasn't able to play yesterday either. Ugh, here's hoping I'll be able to jump on tonight finally.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Got a code Wednesday, but it too all night to download. Got home from work yesterday with a massive headache, so I wasn't able to play yesterday either. Ugh, here's hoping I'll be able to jump on tonight finally.

Same here, had it downloaded since Wednesday night but haven't been able to play yet, really hoping to sink the weekend into it to compensate.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Got into the Beta with Gold, XBOX360 ID is Boozacula

Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I did a pvp match last night where 1 minute in 4 team members left after all 3 control points were lost. So I just /dance /sitdown for 90% of the match. sometimes they would dance with me or sit with me, then stopped when they realized they could run their k/d up. about 2 minutes later I was the only one on my team. Then in the last 1 minute of the match with it being like 13k to 1k 5 people suddenly get inserted into the match.

I will never understand this. I mean, its a freaking GAME and losing a match is not going to force you to work in Siberian salt mines for the next 15 months. So you lost all three points? Deal with it. Learn to take those points back. Use this as an opportunity to get f---ing better at the game! I mean, hell, I have a K/D ratio that is pretty darn close to the bottom of the barrel and I keep playing. Sure, winning is more fun than losing. I get that. But if you can't have fun when you're losing, then you'd better find yourself another hobby because you ARE going to lose sometimes. Sometimes it's going to be unfair and tragic, and that's just too bad. Deal with it.

(The preceding rant directed at random quitters, not anyone in this forum.)

26904.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Though I maintain the right to quit if my team is down a man.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I played a game where most of my team left because we were facing a full party. I'm talking all same emblem status. Since it's beta I want to optimize my time with it so I left and played a much better round right after. Still lost, but it wasn't a massacre like the other round was.

I wouldn't leave a game first, but if more than half the team does...

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So someone got an "Exotic" level piece of gear. Forget the stats on it, it LOOKS AMAZING and its called a skullfort which is what I will be calling all helmets from now on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTT97h68q1o&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    That is the best name ever.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So someone got an "Exotic" level piece of gear. Forget the stats on it, it LOOKS AMAZING and its called a skullfort which is what I will be calling all helmets from now on.

That. Is. Insane.

• Options
    Did you see the animation on that thing?! I can't wait to see what other gear they have cooked up for late game. I don't know how its possible but I am getting more hyped for this game ... and I've already played it!

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I could see leaving the match once the other guys left. There CAN be fun had in trying to come back from such odds, but I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to find it.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Did you see the animation on that thing?! I can't wait to see what other gear they have cooked up for late game. I don't know how its possible but I am getting more hyped for this game ... and I've already played it!

It looks like he's wearing either a litebrite or a roller disco floor.

• Options
    Stupid wrote: »

I will never understand this. I mean, its a freaking GAME and losing a match is not going to force you to work in Siberian salt mines for the next 15 months. So you lost all three points? Deal with it. Learn to take those points back. Use this as an opportunity to get f---ing better at the game! I mean, hell, I have a K/D ratio that is pretty darn close to the bottom of the barrel and I keep playing. Sure, winning is more fun than losing. I get that. But if you can't have fun when you're losing, then you'd better find yourself another hobby because you ARE going to lose sometimes. Sometimes it's going to be unfair and tragic, and that's just too bad. Deal with it.

I honestly just feel bad for the 5 guys who get into a losing match with a minute left where its obvious no match even took place.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    That helmet is flipping sick.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I like the face in the helmet

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    @Gmaster7 will you put the codes for the bungie site that unlock grimoire stuff in the OP? I'm trying to refer a friend to them and can't find them.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    So that's top level gear?

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

I honestly just feel bad for the 5 guys who get into a losing match with a minute left where its obvious no match even took place.

Don't feel too bad, I entered a crucible match right at the end and had a stat sheet of 0s, ended up with a green rifle.

Hopefully they have punishments for crucible quitters at release.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Load times on PS3 seem rather long. It also seems pretty jaggy. I've pretty much avoided media for this so far though. Seems neat, but I should probably get a PS4 at some point.

edit: Still super annoyed this isn't on PC.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Iron Banner up!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

It looks like he's wearing either a litebrite or a roller disco floor.

All my dicks for a Daft Punk helmet. ALL OF THEM.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So that's top level gear?

I think so?

Based on the upgrades possible, I can't see gear getting more crazy than that.

Text for those who can't watch the video:
    Attuned - This armor is attuned to your light and grants bonuses to your abilities
    Infusion - Replenishes health each time you pick up an Orb of Light
    Upgrade - Increase this armor's defense
    Impact Induction - Causing damage with a melee reduces your grenade cooldown.
    Improved Transfusion - Melee kills immediately begin health regeneration. You also respawn with full Melee Energy
    Harden - Increases Defense but locks in all previous choices

I can't imagine what its gonna be like when people are rocking a full set of exotic gear and the compounding effect of the crazy amounts of bonuses people are gonna be working with. (edit) NVM, just learned you can only ever wear one piece of exotic gear and one exotic weapon at a time.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I played one match on the Venus map yesterday. I was being one-shot left and right. Every time I would see an enemy I would fire a few shots into them, maybe actually get the shield all down and take off some health, then Bam, one shot and I'm gone. What's the deal? We are all level 8 and have access to the same weapons as far as I can tell? I didn't like that very much.

Edit: Wow Geth you are fast. I swear he Hydra'd that before I even hit post.

Ataxrxes on
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Fusion rifles, Sniper rifles and hunter golden gun skill, all capable of 1 shotting you. It happens to me rather frequently. If your opponents are good at timing your movement using the motion tracker, fusion rifles = win for them. (I'm terrible with fusion rifles, ok with snipers).

nusu on
This discussion has been closed.