As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Attention Citizens, Please Be On Alert for an Escaped [Super Hero Movie Thread].

19495969798100»

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Well I mean it is difficult, that's just part of the comics that's yet to be translated well. There are lots of bits of "super-powerful foe defeats most/all of team until teamwork saves day" moments that work well in the comics, but they seem harder to translate to film.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I am sure Avengers 2 is going to be good but I was honestly a little bit disappointed that it looks like they've just done the thing where there's a whole lot of cannon fodder enemies again.

Honestly the New York showdown was my least favorite part of the movie, the aliens were just kind of running around generally causing havoc and the only sense of peril I felt came when SHIELD sent that missile. There just wasn't much... I don't know if this are the right word but I want to say it didn't have much direction, the alien strategy seemed to be 'go through the portal and then....just kind of run around randomly blowing things up I guess?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I kinda want James Spader to be talking constantly through the fights. Just have him chatting away, Thor smashes his head in, and he continues his sentence from the next Ultron.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's time for me to be the jerk who saw Guardians of the Galaxy early again

They do fodder goons in that movie super well because it's just the characters constantly doing cool inventive stuff that shows their personalities

They're played for comedy about as much as they're played for action

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I get the reasoning and I'm sure it'll be fine.

I just hope the Ultron goons exhibit more personalilty than roar, punch.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well I mean it is difficult, that's just part of the comics that's yet to be translated well. There are lots of bits of "super-powerful foe defeats most/all of team until teamwork saves day" moments that work well in the comics, but they seem harder to translate to film.
    That's because they're wildly different mediums

an Avengers vs. Ultron fight can last a whole issue that would take maybe 2 minutes in a movie

There will certainly be a big Ultron throwdown, probably with Hulk and Thor kicking some major ass, but the Iron Legion is a way smarter, and more friendly to a 2.5 hour film, decision

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I get the reasoning and I'm sure it'll be fine.

I just hope the Ultron goons exhibit more personalilty than roar, punch.
    I mean

they're all Ultron

they will have his personality

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.