As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EUIV] Reducing the Reduced reduction in cost of reducing war exhaustion for some NI's

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    So I accidently clicked an accept demands button for some noble rebels thanks to the stupid end of month lag that happens when months tick over in Ironman and...
    459E21CDAACE6E5B3B7C8A5D937825B6AA8CD271
    To change back to a merchant republic I need to have less than ten provinces. So I guess that means this is the end of my Genoa campaign. Sometimes I really hate this game.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Can you just release some vassals and reintegrate them later? Or just load your save game? Unless you hate yourself and play on Ironman.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    Gundi wrote: »
    So I accidently clicked an accept demands button for some noble rebels thanks to the stupid end of month lag that happens when months tick over in Ironman and...
    Anyways, selling provinces isn't feasible both because I have a lot of them and because they're all spread out, of many different cultures and religions meaning that vassals won't be willing to buy them. (Malus for being not neighboring+Wrong Culture+Wrong Religion+Possibly out of coring range.) Plus I'd end up being so weak one of my many huge neighbors would end up taking land. I mean, I was already 1st in score so I guess I basically 'won' but I was really looking forward to seeing how ridiculous trade could get with the new merchant republic mechanics. (Combining trade posts with trade companies, etc.)

Oops.

Yeah, Ironman is just terrible. Pretty much everyone over at the Paradox forums that seems to hate this game plays on Ironman. Unless you're really lucky, you'll eventually get screwed over.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    I just like not being tempted to reload things when I make a bad decision. Also getting achievements.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I need to learn how to play this. I don't mean just tactically/strategically/politically.
    I mean what do I do while the time passes
    I just look at the screens and get confused.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Are you at war? Then fight! Else,
    Can you go to war? Then declare war and fight! Else,
    Do you have important notifications in the upper left (rebel risk, etc)? Deal with them in any way permissible! Then,
    Do you have spare Diplomats? Send then to various nations to Improve Relations or Fabricate Claims! Then,
    Do you have spare cash and monarch points? Build buildings! Then,
    Increase the speed and wait until one of the above is an option or something happens to you (such as an event, rebel uprising, ally call to arms, etc).

This list is hilariously non-comprehensive.

edited July 2014
    More Victoria 2 experimenting:
    8F1F73D43AFFA5EF4128CEC6D538A05D4C535C79
    Japan is kind of OP? As soon as I managed to Westernize I basically instantly became a great power, and basically I haven't run into any major issues since. I colonized most of the Pacific Islands and just a teensy bit of Africa and Indonesia, and also managed to conquer a lot of the Arabian Peninsula (For oil.), some of China (For infinite money and factory workers; China's westernized too and has become the #8 Great Power.) and I managed to get my cores in the northern Japanese islands from Russia. Two crises managed to allow me to release those two southern Chinese states as independent nations in my SOI, so that's even more (indirect) Chinese land. The only thing holding me back from #1 is industrial score, so I'm probably going to spam out tons of luxury goods factories to pump that up. Current GPs of the world are 1. Germany, 2. UK, 3. US, 4. Japan (Me), 5. France, 6. Italy, 7. Russia, 8. China. Current GP alliances are Germany-UK-Japan, France-Italy-Russia, and China and the US without any GP allies.

Something I've learned is that he who controls China controls the world (because from a population and production standpoint, China is like a 5th of the world.)

Gundi on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Do you have important notifications in the upper left (rebel risk, etc)? Deal with them in any way permissible! Then,
    Do you have spare Diplomats? Send then to various nations to Improve Relations or Fabricate Claims! Then,
    Increase the speed and wait until one of the above is an option or something happens to you (such as an event, rebel uprising, ally call to arms, etc).

I actually mean right after you start a game and look at the countries.
    I don't know how I'm supposed to fulfill tasks and what tasks to fulfill

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Can someone explain Victoria 2 to me? I've been trying to give it a go again as the US leading up to the civil war. My main issue seems to be no matter what I do I get my ass handed to me in combat by both mexico if I try to do manifest destiny and the CSA when it triggers.

Like I will have double the numbers of the CSA in a fight and full morale and still somehow lose. Not to mention they seem to have an almost limitless amount of troops as they keep spawning more and more til they have more than I can field while mobilized.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    are your troops well supplied?

all the troops in the world can't do anything without food and guns

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    I think so? All the bars are full so I dunno.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Sauce wrote: »

I actually mean right after you start a game and look at the countries.
    I don't know how I'm supposed to fulfill tasks and what tasks to fulfill
    In that case you probably want to browse this wiki. While patches tend to invalidate some of the details (upper-right box will tell you if a given page is up to date), it'll at least cover the general concepts, which will get you started.

Sonelan wrote: »
    I think so? All the bars are full so I dunno.
    What's your troop composition? Ideally you should have about equal parts infantry and artillery, with anywhere between 2-4 mounted units(I prefer Hussars.), and a couple of engineers once you can build them. Also attrition is brutal, don't ever take more than the mandatory 2% you get for sieges.

Also I've managed to more than double my industrial score and get #3, but I'm pretty sure I'm not actually going to be able to beat the UK. I just literally don't have enough time left. (It takes like two years to upgrade/build factories, and I've got less than two decades left.) At least I've learned exactly what types of industry are super profitable, and that if you expand factories your pops will naturally convert to fill the new job openings assuming their are farmers/laborers in the state, they're literate enough to take the jobs, and the factories are profitable. (Either naturally or through subsidization.) No wonder planned economy/state capitalism is considered the best; not only can you optimize production chains, but you can also expand factories way faster than capitalists can.

edited August 2014
    Inspired by The Sauce, let me tell you the story of a little story of a little country you probably have never heard of called... Canada:
    The Story of Canada, Part 1: Independence, Economic Woes, and Canadian Brunei!?
    DC0F4537B6AAF5E8B6CA20294DC616AD57E36FFE
    On Janurary 1st, 1842 the recently connected territories of Columbia, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland were granted independence from the United Kingdom quite unexpectedly following an impressive Canadian campaign against the English. Read as: "Pleasepleasepleaseplease give us independence." Canadian partisans rejoiced, but the truth was that the fledgling nation was in an awful situation. With only a little over a million citizens, and this including the Cree and Metis, the nation had no industry, a less than stellar economy, and little infrastructure. In addition, since Canada has previously been defended by English soldiers, the nation was ill-prepared to raise a national army, managing only a single brigade. With their only seeming advantages being a steady if small influx of immigrants from the old world, a relatively high literacy rate, and good relations with their neighbors, the nation seemed doomed to be but a minor player on the world stage for the foreseeable future. The newly formed government, however, had grander ambitions.

Having until recently been the second largest colony in the world's largest colonial empire, the Canadians were well versed in the benefits of imperialism. Unfortunately, the nation didn't have the population to continue colonization of the interior of the mainland, and overseas even nations without access to European military innovations could overrun Canada's army if they outnumbered them ten or even twenty to one. Still, overseas expansion seemed the most profitable avenue for expansion, so the Canadian government began searching for a toe-hold into Asia or Africa as local governments in Ontario and Quebec began encouraging Citizens to enlist and shipyards in Vancouver began building the first steamers of the fledgling Canadian navy.

1CF9C6C7D098AAF2E29FF3BB18FDFE668D78584C
    A tempting target was found in the independent northern kingdom in Brunei. Steamers left from the West coast and made the perilous voyage across the Pacific, carting several thousand Canadian troops who quickly landed on the northernmost tip of the island. The local troops were heavily outgunned, and while it took over two years to fully occupy the country, ultimately the land did fall to the Canadians. Meanwhile, recruitment drives on the eastern coast had delivered some results, allowing for the recruitment of six thousand additional troops. These additional troops allowed the Canadians to launch another invasion, this time of the kingdom of Johore. Again local forces were unable to stop the much better equipped Canadian troops, and Johore's valuable gold mines were considered an incredibly valuable addition back in North America where they fueled the construction of the first trans-Canadian railroad. In fact, Canada's expansion into the Pacific had caused Canada to rise to the status of secondary power; the rest of the world was beginning to take notice of Canada and the American government had already seen fit to court the Canadian government into its sphere of influence, and ally with the young nation. All of this success sparked discussion of a much more daring conquest. It would be considerably more risky, but infinitely more profitable...
    7198C7BB375D8FDD44AACAD1FC320C00E4B5A58A
    To be continued...
    Gotta say, I've been having a ton of fun playing this game. I'm surprised, really, because Canada is in such a genuinely bad spot if you grant them independence at or near the start of the game. It helps that I haven't had to take the full infamy hit for any of my wars yet and it also helps that Canada inexplicably starts the game with (I think) more political and social reforms than the UK.(Which are themselves a pretty liberal nation compared to the rest of the world at the start of the game.) So I'm getting probably about 3 immigrants for every 2 to the USA.

Gundi on
    So I found a pretty gamey way to colonize the new world as The Hansa while still retaining direct control over all the estuaries in America.

if you have a colonial nation for the Caribbean and Guiana (the only two areas (that I'm aware of) with no estuaries and don't cover at least one entire trade node) you can sell the provinces in the rest of the continents to them, and as long as you don't go over 4 you just end up with one super nation in each continent (which is producing more than 1.5x goods, which you're controlling more than half the trade from).

And as long as you have a province in seminole and somewhere in Brazil you can have a trade post in every trade zone from the Philippines to Lubeck.

and it will make you

a lot

of money

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • PACherrnPACherrn Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    This is my current Ironman Denmark game, about a 100 years from the end, where I am about to finish off England. I will post a more detailed summary later, when it isn't so darn late ;)

2ul64ua7wtdp.jpg

PACherrn on
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Loving super Crimea, Trier, and Tunis.

Oh, and Aragon has all of Italy!

Aragon was even bigger a few months before the screenshot, as they sat on almost all of Castille's provinces apart from a select few. Sadly they just lost a war to Castille/France :(

edited August 2014
    Canada, oh Canada, a land I didn't make uuuuuuuup...
    The Story of Canada, Pt. 2: Naval Warfare for fun and profit.
    The Chinese Empire, despite falling far behind the military advancements in Europe, was still one of the more impressive military powers in the world having over a million standing soldiers. Were Canadian forces to land on the mainland it might be possible to win a few initial skirmished, but still the Canadians would quickly get overrun by sheer numbers. Still, the head of the rapidly expanding navynoticed two things: First, that China and her satellites had but a handful of ships. Second, that China had land 'overseas' in the form of the isle of Formosa. Canadian ships sailed off the coast of the large island and noticed that the island had no garrisoned defenders. Seizing an opportunity, Canadian troops quickly landed on the island, causing Canada to enter a state of war with the largest empire in the world. Still, the observations held true: China could not project any of its sizable army across the water. The war was not without any combat, however. Vietmanese and Korean sailors managed to respectively each land several thousand soldiers on Brunei, but these were easily repelled by the half of the Canadian army that had not landed on Taiwan. After several years of occupation the Chinese were forced to admit that they had to relinquish control of the island of over a million people.
    566C44B52DA3777825670ED951AB2612351B970C
    The locals didn't seem to care much either way. The island brought with it a sizable percentage of the global tea trade, and finally convinced any holdouts back in North America of the profitably of overseas expansion. Canadian ships sailed further east, seizing a foothold into Africa in the form of Omani Somaliland. Back at home, progressives pushed for the beginnings of education and healthcare expansion and as news of the Canada's new-found prosperity reached the Old World, the trickle of immigrants became a stream. All of this was enough to further raise Canada's diplomatic standing, making the nation the newest...
    831CEE93E32DEF5E7352239B60B014C8B7DD41BA
    To be continued...
    Wasn't expecting to become a great power so quickly, it caught me completely by surprise.

Gundi on
  • cmdchickencmdchicken Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I spent about an hour and a half shaping the ck2 save I was converting over to EU4, to build a fun starting point for a few games.

The only western technology group nation in the entire world is.....France. :|

cmdchicken on
    steam_sig.png
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I never really got into Victoria 2. I'd like to, but it's just... frustrating. I don't know why I can't get a grip on it, despite having no issues with CK, or EU.

Rhan9 on
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    It's been months since I played EU4, and now I'm getting my butt kicked trying to form Holland starting as Gerle in 1444. My Austrian allies got into a war with France at the same time as I got into a war with Bohemia - and Austria abandoned our alliance in the peace settlement as a OPM declared war for Gerle.

The result is that I have no army, Austria now doesn't want me going to war at all, and I just lost Gerle.

Ugh.

Me need learn play good again.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Actually, I'll add HOI to the inscrutable mechanics thing. It seems like I'm always running out of resources. If I have -10 energy per day, I'll make a deal to get 20 a from trade. Give it a few days, and suddenly my consumption increases so that it's at -10 a day again, even with the trading. With absolutely no other changes.

I just don't understand how some of those resources are used up.

• BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    cmdchicken wrote: »
    I spent about an hour and a half shaping the ck2 save I was converting over to EU4, to build a fun starting point for a few games.

The only western technology group nation in the entire world is.....France. :|

If you want something to help you out with the converter try this mod:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?784371-The-CK2-EU4-Converter-Improvement-Project

It does a pretty good job getting everyone National Ideas and fixes up some of the culture stuff as well.

I did notice the national ideas weren't being converted very well, thanks for this. I don't see anything about tech groups, I'm assuming that it has something to do with the relatively early year that I converted? Ah well, notepad++ has my back.

steam_sig.png
    By default, the converter basically does:

Catholic = Western
    Orthodox = Eastern
    Muslim = Muslim

It seemed to do Reformed Norse = Eastern, with the one exception being France.

Naturally I'm not having any of that nonsense!

steam_sig.png
    The Norse Empire of the Hvitserk Dynasty: Reformer of the Faith, Subjugater of the Northern Kings, Destroyer of the Karlings, Conqueror of both Romes, Master of the Mediterranean, Annihilator of the Followers of Christ and Hammer of the Mohammedans etc. Whose very use in battle, has been deemed a warcrime.
    yv1x91khtvrk.jpg

The paternal guiding hand of Fylkir Hvitserk has surely made the Allfather proud.
    1h6acem6llzw.jpg

70pre5r36uqb.jpg

The loyal vassals of The Norse Empire of the Hvitserk Dynasty: Refo......etc
    t7n52gcolruv.jpg

This is where the bulk of the changes I've made are, in order to keep the converted game interesting.

To avoid ugly-border syndrome Hungary and Lotharingia need to lose their holdings to the east, as do Bavaria and Poland. Croatia/Bulgaria needs to be split in two. Central Europe will be too unified in the early game so Germany and Bavaria are getting cut down. In order to keep my theme of Italian Republics going Bavaria is also losing Ancona, sorry Bavaria. :(

A truly fecund family.
    w2pdrb21ic71.jpg

Sweden and Denmark slipped out of Hvitserk control and the Perfidious Penikis purloined Ruthenia. They have held on to the Duchy of Novgorod which will be released to prevent blobbing. Castile has the hypest dynasty name I've ever seen. Screenshot Taken are a minor house and hold no real power.

steam_sig.png
    This aint your momma's history.
    1xmdqqk84kal.jpg

Things mostly seem in order. Greece has been determined by the lesser known Norse deity Converthor to have lost control of Jerusalem and surrounding areas. Italy is a land of merchant republics, bordered by the Kingdom of Sicily to the south and monarchist duchies in the north. The once unified Kingdoms of Germany and Bavaria have been split into Duchies. Frisia is a mess because I accidentally created a super-theocracy and couldn't fix it by tag-switching in the console.

I deeply regret creating such a small Kingdom of Africa, this is going to bug me for four hundred years :neutral_face: .

Converthor's methods have created some interesting political landscapes.

What was once de jure Britannia is now more Casus Bellis than I know what to do with.
    ifqld2kvef6y.jpg

Flashpoint: Lotharingia
    yvta594zip8j.jpg

In order to split up the established Kingdoms in Central Europe I did a lot of 'neg_diplo' console switcharoundies to instantly resolve independence wars. This somewhat buggered crown authorities and left Germany a little smaller than I planned.
    swtowvevkgyj.jpg

Whoops! Sorry Austria...uz8nqvhbhp3o.gif
    13tqhqafwnjy.jpg

The mod @BlindPsychic kindly linked wasn't right for the advanced state of my CK2 game.
    bt4p3cdvg4f2.jpg

Anyone purple had Danish ideas and it hurt my brain.

Gratuitous Two ledger shots.
    m7i2esq114c3.jpg

knero6kagpid.jpg

I gave the Hashimids Ottoman tech group, seemed appropriate.

If I remember to keep taking screenshots I'll try and report back on how things pan out.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah I don't think they figured out what they wanted to do with Norse yet in that mod. So norse ideas supercede the other ones

I tried to play Vicky Rev, and man did nothing make sense to me. I could heal my armies or navies, I constantly had negative manpower (which, um....yeah that might explain the first part), was always in debt, and got my booty kicked my Madagascar.

The Kingdom of Belgium has seen better days.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

One province away from getting everything I need to form Holland.

France conquers it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    AS
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    One province away from getting everything I need to form Holland.

France conquers it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

In my Friesland->Netherlands game I did the cheap thing and allied France the entire game. Nobody beats France. You basically have to get a super-alliance of Spain, Austria & Russia to do any damage because GB is so useless.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    Decided to play Fascist USA in Darkest Hour. Thailand and Indonesia already conquered (its 1934), but the Netherlands will not make peace with me.

edited August 2014
    So I finished my ironman Denmark game, which I found rather entertaining. I opened with the Take Ösel mission, and basically went on from there. Livonian Order was allied to Pommerania, so I sneakily force-vassalized them on the way to taking Ösel, whilst also force-vassalizing the Livonian Order. You sort of have to jump at the chance at nabbing bits and pieces of the HRE when you can, especially when Austria isn't involved. These moves would seem a bit aggressive, and the AI certainly seemed to think so, since coalitions sprung up all over, and I was involved in five (5!!) coalition wars in a row. First Bremen + Allies, then England + Allies, then Mecklenburg + Allies, then Novgorod + Allies, and finally Brandenburg + Allies. Luckily Poland was my ally, and they came to my defense every time. It was mostly HRE minors and so on, so I managed to gobble up quite a bit of the northern part of the HRE from those who found themselves in the war, not as part of the coalition, but as allies of coalition members. During this I integrated Holstein, followed by Norway, and then Sweden, and later Pommerania and Livonian Order

Denmark has a big advantage when fighting coalition wars, as it's almost impossible to occupy Sjælland for invaders. You have all the ships, so you can just block the straights.

The relationship with Poland-Lithuania turned Commonwealth turned sour when they were forced to release the teutonic order in a war I oddly wasn't called into. So when as soon as I had fabricated and invaded the Teutonic Order, and won, we could never be friends again, ever :P Which was okay, since I wanted Danzig anyway to complete my baltic empire. Afterwards a random event gave me a claim on the Highlands, and I began picking apart Scotland. I really wanted the Danelaw achievement, but when I took London and all of the British Isles later in the game, the English moved their capitol to Madagascar, so I couldn't change the culture of the four provinces needed for the achievement :(

Later France declared on me, because they wanted Hamburg. Fear the big blue blob, and rightly so. They absolutely destroyed my troops and began sieging from Hamburg to Finland, with the warscore going as low as -99% before I finally managed to siege back Hamburg, which gave me a breather, and allowed me to plug away at the french army by attacking them from both sides. The entire war lasted 9 years :P

At this point I was beginning to feel rather confident, what with my great North Sea Baltic Empire and all, when Austria was battling France yet again, I decided to pounce on Brandenburg. This however caused an alliance-cascade, and I found myself fighting not just Brandenburg and Austria, but also the Netherlands, the Commonwealth, and Russia at the same time. I let Russia siege away in the north-east whilst I focused on the others, and the war was eventually won after 9 years.

That was the status quo in my previous screenshot.

After that, I finished off England in Europe, then took on Russia to get some of their provinces. Things were really looking up now. Military tech was looking good, and I was earning huge money from all the trade, and on top of that I had great allies in the form of a large Trier, Bohemia, and a rather massive Aragon.

That's when Austria enacted the reform that vassalizes all of the members of the HRE :( They all went with it, and a few years later the HRE was formed as one nation. That's the first time I've seen the AI pull that off. It left behind a Europe of a few huge blobs in the form of me as Denmark, France, Aragon, Castille, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (who had eaten the Crimea of the previous screenie), Russia, the HRE, the Ottomans, and a small Hungary and Portugal. All of these super states, bound together by weird alliances that could make everybody declare war on everybody. To make matters worse, Russia then entered a personal union as a junior partner under the HRE. The stage was set for the time of always war.

It began when France backed Russia's independence from the HRE, and war was declared. France pulled in Aragon and Hungary on their side, to fight with Russia, against the HRE who pulled in the Commonwealth, along with Castille and Portugal. That left me looking on as Denmark. Sort of like the kid wasn't picked for the pickup game during recess at school :( I didn't like the HRE-Russian union one bit, so I picked my spot and pounced on the Commonwealth, knowing that would draw in the HRE. I might not be part of the independence war, but then I could at least help Russia and France win.

180.000 Danish troops rolled into the HRE and began a slow and methodical advance, whilst another 60.000 ran around the Commonwealth doing their thing. Being further ahead in military tech than the Commonwealth, they got absolutely steamrolled. Meanwhile the HRE was losing to both me and France, so the war was eventually won after 8 years. In the peace I took the entire top half of the Commonwealth, which oddly enough didn't give me all that much overextension, and only cost about 46% warscore. So I used the remaining warscore to force the HRE to release Bohemia, giving me my ally back.

One advantage as Denmark, is that one of their NI's increases how fast manpower returns, and coupled with quantity ideas, you can get the normal 10 years worth back in almost half that. So with that I could do a very slow sieging advance, keeping my 60.000 stacks next to eachother, so they could reinforce the army next to it, if it was hit by 150.000 germans.

After this the Commonwealth completely exploded due to rebels as you will see in one of the screenshots. Polotsk, Ukraine, Crimea, Wallachia, and Muscovy(!) came into being from that.

30 or so years remained, and I was wondering what I should do next. I had no manpower left, and the alliances still went all over the place, so it was difficult to do anything with the status-quo. Sometimes you don't have to do a thing though, because when Aragon's ruler died, it was his dying wish that his beloved country enter into a personal union with Denmark, so I found myself fighting a succession war against France. The ultimate showdown had begun!

France began sieging Aragon's Iberian provinces and the wargoal Barcelona right from the getgo, which allowed me to land 180.000 soldiers in Northern France, leaving 60.000 at home, in case Russia gets frisky. I form a line of armies ready to reinforce when the doomstack arrives. Meanwhile I begin sieging Paris, which is taken. That's when 100.000 french soldiers jump on my flank numbering 60.000. They get a river-crossing penalty, and I hear myself say "AHA!" out loud as I move my other 120.000 into the battle.. Only to discover that France are bringing in another 200.000 troops hidden somewhere in the fog of war :( This caused my dwindling army to be chased around southern France, until it eventually got obliterated in Provence :( -68% warscore :( The peace offerings that France are bringing, involve releasing loads of nations from my neat little empire, so I refuse, to the point where every refusal results in a stability hit. I did have a few advantages though. My massive fleet, and France didn't share a border with me, and the HRE sure as hell would never give them military access. That and I recover an obscene amount of manpower a year, so my army quickly began rebuilding, and a plan was formulated! Since French troops are terrifying as you all know, I needed to be able to defend in the mountains to have a chance. I decided on the Pyrenees, as France had "only" left behind 50.000 in Barcelona, so if I could move my troops fast enough. I could create a wall of two stacks in the two provinces in the pyrenees, and then clean up behind that line, and reinforce where needed. Ships don't sail that fast from Denmark to Barcelona though, so I got military access to Tunisia and went all in. 300.000 Danish troops, ready for invasion. First I shuttled them all down, and then I shuttled them across. A bulwark against the northern french armies was created, whilst the 50.000 french caught behind it were slaughtered. Then I began sieging Barcelona. From my English provinces I could see the 300.000 french troops beginning to move south. Battle on the horizon, all or nothing. This was make or break.

Then the HRE declared war on France, and the entire war turned on its head. France might have excellent troops and a lot of manpower, but they didn't recover them nowhere near as fast as Denmark did, so I began setting southern France on fire. Forming a line of troops from the Bay of Biscay to the Mediterranean Sea, and slowly letting it advance towards Paris whilst carpet-sieging (Or should I say Capét-sieging? ;););) I shouldn't :( ) everything behind it.

France was getting destroyed, but the sieging behind the line was immensely slow, and when the HRE and France signed a peacedeal, I peaced out as well. White peace at -36% war score, after 12 years of war.

Not much happened after that, apart from a Bohemian cleansing of Commonwealth heresy, which again saw me fight the HRE. Sadly Bohemia was warleader, and signed a peace before I managed to get away with any of my own wargoals.

Screenshots hidden by spoiler:
    Charts, I like charts:
    x2rzy6e1l35m.jpg

Loads of income:
    y39c64golefx.jpg

Armies:
    ihtkj5449sba.jpg

Score comparison:
    qq5qlibaxtuo.jpg

Endgame:
    8aj328cy9z4z.jpg

Final map:
    yqo84rlgosc1.jpg

PACherrn on
    I tried to mod Darkest Hour and broke the game.

Always, always, always happens to me.....

I am trying to play a smaller country in Vicky 2. I am having trouble getting a second regiment up despite spending years upping my soldier population. Isn't it supposed to be 1k soldier pop for your first regiment then 3k for any others? Cause I am sitting at about 5k soldier population and I can still only make the one reigment.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    it depends on where they are.

a wad of soldiers in one province can make a bunch of regiments

the same number of soldiers spread across your entire nation can't do shit.

SLyM wrote: »
    it depends on where they are.

a wad of soldiers in one province can make a bunch of regiments

the same number of soldiers spread across your entire nation can't do shit.

I was a one province country in africa. the one right above south africa and next to zulu. I did finally get to make a second one but zulu still murdered me with like 25k dudes to my 6k :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]