As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do I get Sims 2 in widescreen?

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
I just got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free off Origin and I can't get it to run in widescreen. There's pages and pages of help topics out there telling how to do it but they all boil down to finding some folder called the TSData file and I've searched my whole C: drive and it's not in there anywhere. Since all the topics I've found were pretty old I'm guessing they were all for a not-Origin version and Origin is putting that somewhere else.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yes. ILike, everything else I've found it says to find TSData and that isn't in this installation.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    This guide is new but specifically mentions the Origin version:
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

Also Geth is watching, apparently.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AWESOME

That's exactly where it was. Thanks so so much!

• Options
    RayinerRayiner Registered User regular
    OT, but - does The Sims 2 run on Windows 8.1?

• Options
    Rayiner wrote: »
    OT, but - does The Sims 2 run on Windows 8.1?

Not sure, I'm on Windows 7. From what I can Google, you can but you'll have to jump through some hoops.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I don't see why it wouldn't. There's nothing really different from 7 to 8.1 to really be noteworthy, even from XP there's not much.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    donavannjdonavannj Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I don't see why it wouldn't. There's nothing really different from 7 to 8.1 to really be noteworthy, even from XP there's not much.

And yet some games still have issues making the jump. I know for a fact that The Sims 2 works on both 7 and 8, but it's a colossal pain to get it to play nice in 8 as opposed to 7, even though 8 is extremely similar to 7.

steam_sig.png