As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD HAS BEEN KRISPIED!

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Man, Equality should cost twice what it does right now. It should actually take the slight majority of your resources to clear the entire enemy board, rather than just casually doing it for 4 mana.

disagree, because paladins should have a good card

If there was a neutral minion that was immune to non-targeted spells and abilities, that would fix my issue with it. But it's super good, and very hard to play around, unlike Flamestrike, which is at least predictable.

Paladin has no direct removal, so Equality has to do double duty.

Consecration and Hammer of Wrath aren't direct removal?

(honest confusion about terms here, I think Equality is fine since it hits their minions as well)

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Man, Equality should cost twice what it does right now. It should actually take the slight majority of your resources to clear the entire enemy board, rather than just casually doing it for 4 mana.

If there was a neutral minion that was immune to non-targeted spells and abilities, that would fix my issue with it. But it's super good, and very hard to play around, unlike Flamestrike, which is at least predictable.

(honest confusion about terms here, I think Equality is fine since it hits their minions as well)

Its removal, yes. I think he means paladins have no "pay X destroy target minion" card like assassinate or siphon soul.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Just wanted to note that I beat a Liquid player today in Arena :)

Hearthstone_Screenshot_7_28_2014_14_27_43.jpg

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Equality+Pyro is not Flamestrike, it is Twisting Nether, for 2 less mana and one fewer card.

I actually think Pyro is one of the bigger problem cards at the moment. Priests can just be like, Pyro, PW:S, Holy Smite your 4 toughness dude, heal Pyro to get an insane amount of board and card advantage for just a few mana.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Equality+Pyro is not Flamestrike, it is Twisting Nether, for 2 less mana and one fewer card.

Don't you mean 1 additional card and 4 less mana?

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    9k2pev0rngez.png

Arcane Druid ò_ó
    I just need Malygos to complete the deck now. Will prob swap Ysera out for him.
    Also should I keep the Ironbeak Owl or the 2 silences provided by the Keepers of the Grove are enough?

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'd slap two Ancient Mages in there, if you're going for a spell heavy deck like that. You can definitely afford to drop Owl, Keepers are fine and you have plenty of removal spells anyway. I'd also say probably drop Force of Nature. Without Savage Roar to back it up, it's a little lackluster.

You have no 3 drops, so you might want to add Harvest Golems. A 2nd Wild Growth couldn't hurt either. Mess around a bit, see what you can afford to take out for those.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

You play around it the same way you play around Flamestrike, basically. Either flood the board with throwaway junk to bait it out, or keep your minion count low to take value away from the board clear.

Thing is, the equality board clear combos are much more dubious these days, what with eggs and haunted creepers in a lot of decks. Why would I clear the board if my opponent still has 1-3 minions out after the fact?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve

Arcane Druid ò_ó
    Also should I keep the Ironbeak Owl or the 2 silences provided by the Keepers of the Grove are enough?

What exactly are your plans/plays with the Pyromancer?

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    I was just playing a bit of Arena today when... SURPRISE! I'd forgotten all about this quest, thanks for the free gold, Blizzard!

9dyobhx76p4i.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Don't you mean 1 additional card and 4 less mana?

Haha, yes, that's exactly what I mean. Massive neural flatulence, that.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Kambing wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »
    I still haven't decided if I'm going to use gold or $ for the wings

I have 4K gold so I'm not really dying there, but $25 really very reasonable compared to how much I play this damn game.
    That 4K gold could go towards a lot of packs to get the handful of cards / dust I need.

What are y'all going with?

Got my 2.8k gold ready to go to buy out the rest of wings. Don't intend on paying a cent for this game. ^_^

I caved and spent the $ just now.
    ALL THE DUST!!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Kambing wrote: »
    I still haven't decided if I'm going to use gold or $ for the wings

I have 4K gold so I'm not really dying there, but $25 really very reasonable compared to how much I play this damn game.
    That 4K gold could go towards a lot of packs to get the handful of cards / dust I need.

What are y'all going with?

Got my 2.8k gold ready to go to buy out the rest of wings. Don't intend on paying a cent for this game. ^_^

I caved and spent the $ just now.
    ALL THE DUST!!

Spending cash on the Naxx wings meant 27 packs, which in my case was 2 legendaries (one golden!) and enough dust to craft two more and a bunch of epics. :D

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

Its removal, yes. I think he means paladins have no "pay X destroy target minion" card like assassinate or siphon soul.

Yup, that's what I mean (not sure if I used the right term). Your opponent plays a minion, beefs it up to 15/15, and slaps a divine shield on it. Other classes can make him go away with Assassinate, Polymorph, Hex, Naturalize, Siphon Soul, Deadly Shot, Execute, Power Word:Death, or Mind Control. Closest things for Paladin are Humility or Follow Da Rulez, or the aforementioned Equality + somethingelse.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    How the hell does somebody have a full deck of Gold cards? Including 2 Gold Nerubian Eggs?

• JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular

I actually think Pyro is one of the bigger problem cards at the moment. Priests can just be like, Pyro, PW:S, Holy Smite your 4 toughness dude, heal Pyro to get an insane amount of board and card advantage for just a few mana.

Combos like that are the only thing making Priest viable. :'(

sig.gif
  • MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular

Arcane Druid ò_ó

Oh, he goes really well for early removal, even of big Innervate'd drops. Synergy with Moonfire or Wrath is just awesome.
    I was actually considering removing Owl and adding a second Pyro just for the lulz.

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    How the hell does somebody have a full deck of Gold cards? Including 2 Gold Nerubian Eggs?

People with too much money. They just buy a billion packs, get a bunch of gold cards and then craft the rest with all the dust.

camo_sig2.png
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    full decks of gold cards arent that hard to find at this point in the game, likely got a lot of crap in them but its not hard.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum

Arcane Druid ò_ó

Oh, he goes really well for early removal, even of big Innervate'd drops. Synergy with Moonfire or Wrath is just awesome.
    I was actually considering removing Owl and adding a second Pyro just for the lulz.

Hmm, I just can't see you getting as much value out of a Pyromancer as Druid as you would on other classes. I'd rather put an Ancient of Lore in there instead.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    full decks of gold cards arent that hard to find at this point in the game, likely got a lot of crap in them but its not hard.

Seeing as how his Warlock token was also Gold...I'm guessing he wasn't running a lot of crap.

• MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular

Arcane Druid ò_ó

Hmm, I just can't see you getting as much value out of a Pyromancer as Druid as you would on other classes. I'd rather put an Ancient of Lore in there instead.

With all the spells I'm using? Turn Swipe from 4-1 to 5-2, etc. I mean come ON!
    But I can see why you'd prefer the AoL.

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
    edited July 2014

Arcane Druid ò_ó

It's just a personal preference. Pyromancer seems like overkill when you have that much AOE already, and you can boost the Swipes etc. just by playing Kobold Geomancer/Thalnos and avoid damaging your own minions in the process.

For me, I think you've got the early game more or taken care of, a bit of extra late-game would help balance the deck out.

AoL gives you some options later on, either heal if you're desperate, or card draw to get those last few cards for lethal.

Muffinatron on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Fuck I hate playing against Priests.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    azith28 wrote: »

Seeing as how his Warlock token was also Gold...I'm guessing he wasn't running a lot of crap.

Eh, i wouldnt call that a proper measure of his deck. I've seen some really stupid acting gold token players. and warlock especially where the best decks are not using a bunch of warlock cards (which would be the easiest to get), so hes probably got a good bit of junk...either that or he gelded his favorite deck. If he didnt have interest in making a collection out of it it wouldnt be too difficult. I've crafted a good bit of legendaries just because i had the dust and didnt have the card yet. not a complete set yet but im like less then a dozen cards to go (all legendaries).

Only gold i crafted was the spectral spider for the psycological aspect of the moving spider legs.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Fuck I hate playing against Priests.

Playing against priest is like playing against a permission deck, only they get to draw cards from your deck to beat you down with.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Arcane Druid ò_ó

It's just a personal preference. Pyromancer seems like overkill when you have that much AOE already, and you can boost the Swipes etc. just by playing Kobold Geomancer/Thalnos and avoid damaging your own minions in the process.

For me, I think you've got the early game more or taken care of, a bit of extra late-game would help balance the deck out.

AoL gives you some options later on, either heal if you're desperate, or card draw to get those last few cards for lethal.

I've got this Moonfire deck that's like yours. Got me to rank 5 easy. But that was a few months ago. Made it once I lucked out on a Malygos.

Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/33459-alphagaias-moonfire-deck-rank-1-5-updated

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    9k2pev0rngez.png

Arcane Druid ò_ó

Swap one of your Starfires for Savage Roar just to have the full SR + FoN combo imo

Also if you swap one of those Starfalls for an Auctioneer in that there deck you might find you cannot even handle all the sick card draw that little bastard will give you

edit: I would tweak a few other parts of the deck but I'm not sure if you were inviting us to put our dirty hands all over your project or not, so the tl;dr is definitely GET THEE TO AN AUCTIONEER

MummBrah on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    oh maaaaaaaaaan I just missed lethal because I played the wrong card. that's never happened before. blew up my minion instead of giving it +4/+4.

all worked out though. my handlock vs. a miracle rogue which I believe is heavily in my favor. that would have hurt to lose.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Jurg wrote: »

Combos like that are the only thing making Priest viable. :'(

Erm... no? I took out my inner fires a long while ago and just took out my last divine spirit (had kept it for the odd 10/10 lightspawn or uber shieldmasta, but wasn't value enough generally), and my priest deck works just fine in the 10-11 range, which I'd say makes it 'viable.'

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    neither inner fire nor divine spirit are mentioned in the quoted post

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Variable wrote: »
    neither inner fire nor divine spirit are mentioned in the quoted post

edit: wait no sorry, I thought he was quoting a different post. my bad

Although I can still make my point that my priest does just fine at 10/11 with no pyros in it

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I said "screw it" and tried again with a zoolock variant, got a few wins and a loss that I can't even feel bad about where I had my opponent at 5 life after swinging, and had two soul fires and one other card in hand. 50% chance to win

Casting the first soul fire caused the discard of the second

/cue sad trombone

• MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Here's the links to all the Plague Quarter cards being added this week for any who haven't seen, along with tentative discussion (WARNING: REDDIT AHEAD): http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2byn5a/plague_quarter_cards_discussion/

The stoneskin gargoyles are being talked down and the unstable ghouls are being talked up, but in practice i think it will end up being the complete opposite. I don't think the ghouls will matter very much, but those gargoyles are going to make life very hard for aggro decks who can't immediately clear them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Why thank you Blizzard, that was a pretty cool pack.
    9DI34G5.jpg

Khildith on
    Ahaha, a miracle rogue had to sap my greenskin to avoid lethal. Thanks for the 7/2 longbow, guy.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: »
    Here's the links to all the Plague Quarter cards being added this week for any who haven't seen, along with tentative discussion (WARNING: REDDIT AHEAD): http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2byn5a/plague_quarter_cards_discussion/

The stoneskin gargoyles are being talked down and the unstable ghouls are being talked up, but in practice i think it will end up being the complete opposite. I don't think the ghouls will matter very much, but those gargoyles are going to make life very hard for aggro decks who can't immediately clear them

At 1 dmg, I doubt those gargoyles will do much.
    You'd need to buff them to get any real meat out of them, and you're already losing tempo as you need to spend two cards first.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm very excited to try out Webspinner.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

At 1 dmg, I doubt those gargoyles will do much.
    You'd need to buff them to get any real meat out of them, and you're already losing tempo as you need to spend two cards first.

Gargoyles are gonna do most of their work in Arena.

1 damage from a Gargoyle each turn won't massively derail an aggro or zoo deck.

On the other hand, a taunt that will potentially clear all those 1 mana minions? Yeah, that'll do the trick. It also has potential combined with equality in a Paladin deck.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, but I think a Gargoyle might well end up dead the turn it comes out. All it takes is a Leper gnome + Abusive Sergeant battlecry.

• rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    Gargoyle is like haunted creeper, WAY better in classes that can ping. If a class can't ping then the gargoyle is killed off by most 2 drops. Even for pingers I would put it on the same tier as dalran mage or silverback, as in don't pick it unless its up against grimscale and wisp.

Unlike creeper with other 2 drops the gargoyle doesn't trade for other 3 "standard" 3 drops (except scarlet crusader) and that 1 attack is an active liability against enrage or acolyte

Ghoul and belcher are very decent cards and I'm very happy to have more and more interesting taunt options.

This discussion has been closed.