As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I don't need my ladies . . . to have a gallon of hairspray and cleavage I could ski down.

The next Suda 51 game?

Still never played one, shockingly.

I started playing The Killer is Me for about an hour and it was cool. I definitely need to put more time into it but I started both Spec Ops: The Line and Alice: Madness Returns around the same time and I want to finish them up. And Divinity: Original Sin. That one too.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Hmm, you would not believe how difficult it can be Googling for the kind of dual monitor desk mount I am looking for when the word "stand" can be used to describe the item and question, as well as the action I would be doing while using the item in question.

I'm basically trying to find a dual monitor mount that has an adjustable height so when I choose to sit, I can use both monitors comfortably, and when I choose to stand, I can use both monitors comfortably as well.

cooljammer00‌
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=dual+monitor+wall+mount+system&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=dual+monitor+wall+mount+system&sc=0-22&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=63bf2a1f3e164d4199c8412b1f0af055

This should give you options.

First there was AIM last week, and now Bing search results...Steam thread, I don't even know you anymore.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Vanilla skyrim

WHY??

Because I barely run it maxed now, mods would kill it entirely. (I'm still using workshop mods, just not Nexus)

Skyrim runs maxed on relatively old rigs - even my just retired 6-year-old toaster was capable of it. You shouldn't be "barely" with what you have. And not all mods hurt performance - many have no impact at all. The ones that would have the most effect are graphics mods (most of which are not that good anyway) or very script-heavy mods that are poorly optimized. Also stuff like body and clothing mods that are unnecessarily high-poly, badly optimized, or have ridiculously oversized textures (I can't count the number of times I've seen relatively simple outfit textures saved at 2048 or 4096(!) resolution, or saved in DXT5 format even though they don't require an alpha channel, or similar issues).

I actually have it running max but I have AA disabled. Which is hardly terrible but honestly, i'm a graphics mod guy, I don't get what other mods I should be downloading. SKYUI is nice but the vanilla setup is actually good enough for what it does. And I genuinely can't think of anything else that isn't on the workshop. Seriously, I have like 130 or so mods from the Workshop, this isn't vanilla in the traditional sense of the word, it's just vanilla in that I am not using Nexus.

Oh, well that's not vanilla at all then. Vanilla means no mods at all, not that you don't use Nexus (though I could write an essay on why you're courting game-breaking disaster by using the workshop). 130 mods is a nicely modded game. Nexus is just a mod source, not a state of the game.

But turn on the AA! Holy cow, jaggies are the worst thing. The WORST. :P

Three words: Mass Effect Two.

WHY, BIOWARE? WHYYYYYY?

(Also no controller support. Which is true of 1 and 3 as well. The basts.)

I don't have any problems with AA in ME2. You just have to do some voodoo magic to make it happen. It's been a while since i had to set it up, but if memory serves, you rename the exe to UT3.exe or somesuch and then force AA through the Catalyst CC and there ya go! I'll probably be reinstalling the game this weekend, so I'll go back and find my fix-it notes on it. ;)
    I had it forced through Catalyst as in game AA was freaking ridiculous. Catalyst was great except everything was blurry and headache inducing. It as more of a filter than an actual smoothing. I'm still tweaking it though in game, so hopefully I can find a happy medium.

I don't understand this bit. All AA is a filter (except supersampling, but that's typically a performance killer unless the game/app is pretty low-demand to begin with). There are various types of AA that use different methods of filtering but they all still do basically the same thing in the end: attempt to force square pixels to appear smooth along diagonal edges. Blurring is how that happens.

But if you're seeing "everything blurry and headache inducing" either you have morphological filtering enabled (ugh!) or something is wonky on your end.

Fucking dammit! Thanks pix, that was it. :D

I'm gonna uninstall 130 mods and go with your guide @talus9952! later though, too tired and too pissed off right now

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I don't need my ladies . . . to have a gallon of hairspray and cleavage I could ski down.

The next Suda 51 game?

I have thus far only read up on them, but if his previous catalog of "zany" and "sexualized" titles doesn't point to that activity as at least a mini-game at some point in his career trajectory, I'd admit to being surprised.

Catherine II?

Amazingly enough, I he didn't work on the first Catherine. But hey, that doesn't exclude him from a sequel . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Guys, Skyrim is boring. There... I said it.

I got bored on PS3, but with all this talk I just want to buy it on Steam and play again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    When Geth starts agreeing with you, is that when you know you're on the right path, or are at the point where you should run and hide?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Hmm, you would not believe how difficult it can be Googling for the kind of dual monitor desk mount I am looking for when the word "stand" can be used to describe the item and question, as well as the action I would be doing while using the item in question.

I'm basically trying to find a dual monitor mount that has an adjustable height so when I choose to sit, I can use both monitors comfortably, and when I choose to stand, I can use both monitors comfortably as well.

cooljammer00‌
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=dual+monitor+wall+mount+system&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=dual+monitor+wall+mount+system&sc=0-22&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=63bf2a1f3e164d4199c8412b1f0af055

This should give you options.

Yeah, discussing this with a friend of mine, it seems like the best option that does everything I want would probably cost me several hundreds of dollars.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

The Fall looks...so good.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

One of the reviews said it's really short and also ends on a "To Be Continued..." so it's probably best bought now during the sale. But everything else about the game looks great.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Looks like the Square Enix Humble Bundle added the following:
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Hitman: Contracts
    The Last Remnant
    Just Cause

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Huh. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is currently the top seller on Steam. Didn't expect that would happen with a niche title like that. Kind of nice to see JRPGs getting Steam releases these days...even if I don't really have the time for them.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I hate this [codes ] shit, guess I have to make multiple posts.

Loading...?

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    Guys, Skyrim is boring. There... I said it.

I got bored on PS3, but with all this talk I just want to buy it on Steam and play again.

This. I have it on 360 and have only played the first few hours, but the mod talk is making me want it on PC

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just Cause
    Loading...?

• Options
    The Last Remnant
    Loading...?

• Options
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Just Cause
    Loading...?

Grabbed and thanks! Now I can play the first one first. :D

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

One of the reviews said it's really short and also ends on a "To Be Continued..." so it's probably best bought now during the sale. But everything else about the game looks great.

Well..
    @Kristmas Kthulhu‌ elected me to check it out for some impressions.
    qatJD42.jpg
    Thanks so much for the game. I'm stuck at work for most of the day, but I'll try and get into it a bit tonight before the daily goes away.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm very much an AoE plebe so I can't really comment on the new features but as someone who was asked to troubleshoot issues getting even LAN games going on newer OSes with the old disc version ...

Gifting a few copies was well worth the saved headaches.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The Fall has an atmosphere like The Swapper, gloomy spacey kind of lonely

but the puzzles are more like adventure game stuff, find this and combine with that to activate this, etc

and there's some basic shooting too

don't know what the ending is like yet though

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    The Fall is short but it is absolutely excellent.

It is very much an adventure game, there is platforming and combat but the majority of the game is of adventure standard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    http://www.twitch.tv/dyasalure/profile - Highlights up from my 7 hour stream yesterday. I did not highlight Red Alert 3 or Rogue Legacy. I didn't think those were really worth it. I think I jump most in doom 3, followed shortly by bioshock. For those who made it, I hope you enjoyed. I would like to do this again sometime.

In the future, more testing games before hand. More bumps for transitions. More music intermissions. I think i need to look at getting my breathing cut out of the mic somehow?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    I picked up The Fall the last time it was on sale, and I'd certainly endorse it for half price. It's like one of Issac Asimov's laws of robotics stories, with you as the AI; You're trying to find help for the injured human inside your power suit, but your inability to lie or cause harm makes it difficult. It suffers from small bouts of Adventure Game Problems - The flashlight beam as cursor interface can result in occasional pixel-hunting, and a few of the puzzle solutions are a bit moon logical. It is short, and it does have a cliffhanger ending, but I think it has a satisfactory arc in itself, and the cliffhanger is at least a really good one.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I note no one has yet grabbed the Hitman game GearGirl has up. Is it bad? Or is it just that everyone already has it?

I've never played any of the Hitman games so I'm more than a bit in the dark.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Blood Money is the best Hitman game

I assume most people will already have it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    The Last Remnant
    Loading...?

Much obliged, one of the few JRPG holes in my PC collection, which is surprising because I was a complete whore for the SaGa games.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Loading...?
    BigDes wrote: »
    Blood Money is the best Hitman game

I assume most people will already have it

Well then, I suppose I should grab that then, and a double thanks goes to GG, then. :D<3

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

The next Suda 51 game?

I have thus far only read up on them, but if his previous catalog of "zany" and "sexualized" titles doesn't point to that activity as at least a mini-game at some point in his career trajectory, I'd admit to being surprised.

Catherine II?

Amazingly enough, I he didn't work on the first Catherine. But hey, that doesn't exclude him from a sequel . . .

Catherine is one of the most "mature" games I've played, by which I mean if you don't have X amount of life experience you aren't going to really be able to relate to the issues being discussed by the characters. Of course the actual gameplay is pretty divorced from the cutscenes and dialogue, symbolism be damned...

• Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    The Fall is definitely worth the sale asking price.
    I have a post in one of the old Steam thread during the summer sale about it but it's very well done with very good voice acting too.
    The controls are a little strange when starting out but you get the hang of them after 20 minutes or so.
    The only real issue I had with it was it can be very easy to miss objects you can interact with on the level. If your mouse isn't directly over it then you might not even see the context menu for it at all. There was one or two obtuse puzzles to solve but overall it was excellent.

As was mentioned a few posts back,
    it is to be continued but the ending is still great and well executed.

It's about 4 hours of gameplay depending on how stumped you get with the puzzles.

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Let's do a flash giveaway.
    Ends in a little over 2 hours from now

signature.png

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So Origin says I own Mass Effect 3 only I have no recollection of actually buying it and I can't find anything in my email confirming I ever bought it. Is it possible that ghosts were involved?

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Guys, Trails in the Sky is an AMAZING Game. I had downloaded it when the Vita first came out, and played the SHIT out of it. Got maybe 15-20 hours into it then my Vita was stolen and never was able to get back into it. What i've played so far is a really amazing RPG, focused on the story of strong independent woman who don't need no man, because she has a gigantic stick and beats the shit out of things. Its super super super super super good. If you like RPGs I strongly recommend you pick this up and give it a shot. It is seriously good. If I had the money I'd double dip on it instantly.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Guys, Trails in the Sky is an AMAZING Game. I had downloaded it when the Vita first came out, and played the SHIT out of it. Got maybe 15-20 hours into it then my Vita was stolen and never was able to get back into it. What i've played so far is a really amazing RPG, focused on the story of strong independent woman who don't need no man, because she has a gigantic stick and beats the shit out of things. Its super super super super super good. If you like RPGs I strongly recommend you pick this up and give it a shot. It is seriously good. If I had the money I'd double dip on it instantly.

I hate you.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

In b4 "Are th3re waifuz in this gaem?"

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @Orivon apparently couldnt stand my message about how great Trails is and my not having it, he gifted me a copy <3<3<3 I am going to get back into this game so goddamn hard.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »

I had to look up the term "waifu"; that concept is more disturbing to me than the "cannot unsee" pool of images on Danbooru.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    wow, the only game I don't own in the Square Enix humble bta (and $15 tier) is Deus Ex: The Fall, I guess that says a lot about me, it's a great bundle for anyone that doesn't already own most of it

I was thinking about streaming some pinball FX2 Saturday night but it turns out that's my 6th wedding anniversary so I may get into trouble for that, if anyone would be interested in watching Friday night around 9 PM UK time I should be good for it, I could start a little later if that's better for anyone wanting to watch. I'll probably attempt to beat my Sorcerers Lair high score and I may even use a mic to try explain what's going on if there's any interest? I know @jclast expressed interest before but probably can't watch the live stream so I would also need somebody (@DyasAlure comes to mind) to tell me how to archive the stream

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

I had to look up the term "waifu"; that concept is more disturbing to me than the "cannot unsee" pool of images on Danbooru.

This reminds me of something.
    h887AA170_zpscaccf27f.png

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »

This reminds me of something.
    h887AA170_zpscaccf27f.png

I see.
    brain_bleach2_4427.jpg

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Reposting for the last 11 minutes

signature.png

Swing shift...4 hours of weeeee!

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Wizardy 8 finally finished.

The second half of the game was near unbearable. If there had been fast travel and some way to really speed up battles it wouldn't have been bad at all. Everything just took so long...ugh. I'm done with it now and glad to finally have it finished.

I'm tempted to jump into Skyrim now tho.

This discussion has been closed.