As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime Pinny Predictions - 2014 set now revealed!

purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
edited August 2014 in Pinny Arcade
So by now you should have heard our predictions for Prime on the podcast. Now I would like to hear everyone else's. Also, just for fun, something I forgot to do on the podcast. How many new pins will be available at Prime?

zerzhul on

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I think vendors will continue to experiment with new and different ways to use pins to their benefit. Behemoth will come out with some new ones to sell. Paul and Storm will have a pin. I hope the Doubleclicks have a pin.

I think the face pins will be done so the total new pins will be 32.

Those are my totally off base predictions.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think Kenneth's pin is pretty much a given.
    The other half of Garruk would be nice, though I could see that not happening yet.
    Blizzard I'm assuming will do another Hearthstone pin, or Heroes of the Storm? Both?

What I want to see:

Sunset Overdrive
    Sackboy for LBP3
    ANYTHING from Nintendo
    Phantasy Star Online 2 re-confirmed for the US with a pin........... in my dreams.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Call these predictions or wishes, most are based on my current gaming habbits tbh...

Heroes of the Storm
    Abe's Odyssey (new n tasty remake released yesterday, looks every bit as awesome as it used to)
    Other half of Garruk
    Destiny
    More Strip Search contestant pins, not sure who is going but id LOVE to see something from Abby, Maki, Amy, basically all of them.

But there are ALOT of games coming out starting september that could tie in perfectly with Prime. Any of those.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    My predictions/wishlist:

Hearthstone: something to coincide with the Naxxramas expansion
    New D&D pin for the Saturday night event
    Gigantic: since they have the hookup through Lexxy
    Wildstorm: I could see them doing more since it is so big now.
    Thornwatch
    something ping pong related?

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Call these predictions or wishes, most are based on my current gaming habbits tbh...

Abe's Odyssey (new n tasty remake released yesterday, looks every bit as awesome as it used to)

This ^ A thousand times this ^ The Abe's Odyssey games are my favourite ever <3

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    One hint from talking to the gang at SDCC. " there will be a lots of pins at prime"

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting for Halo and Assassin's Creed pins. I'm not expecting them, but I'm always hopeful.

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    timebeing wrote: »
    One hint from talking to the gang at SDCC. " there will be a lots of pins at prime"

This makes my credit card sad...but the maniacal cackling of the brain squirrels sound so happy...*sob*

• Options

This makes my credit card sad...but the maniacal cackling of the brain squirrels sound so happy...*sob*

Did sound like most would be "floor" pins which tend to be "free" so there is done hope for the credit card.

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Predictions:

Guaranteed:
    - 10th Anniversary Prime Pin
    - 2014 Prime Set (Duh lol)

Safe bet:
    - Corrupted Garruk (other half)
    - 2 New Microsoft pins
    - 2 New Blizzard pins
    - 4 New Behemoth pins
    - 12 New Staff pins
    - New Scott Kurtz pin + 3 other bandlanders

• Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    A miracle happens and we get a four-pack of Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pacman at the Smash Bros booth.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    The miracle would be Legend of Zelda Pins. Not gonna lie, I'd pay my entire pin fund on those.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Sorry kids, no Christmas this year. Daddy needs his pins.

• Options
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Sorry kids, no Christmas this year. Daddy needs his pins.

At least give them a framed photo of you with your pins. Lol

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I think this will be the first time I'm not going to try and catch them all. I've been trying to suffocate the brain squirrells, and so far all it's cost me is my memories from before age 12.

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Vaanrose wrote: »
    A miracle happens and we get a four-pack of Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pacman at the Smash Bros booth.

That suggestion sounds familiar...

• Options
    drchiadrchia PAX CFP Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm pretty sure there won't be another Garruk half from WotC. The 'half Garruk' look matches all of the other media they've released for M15. I do however think that they'll have a pin based on a planeswalker that will be in the Khans of Tarkir set, which releases a few short weeks after Prime. Either that or a Teferi pin to advertise his inclusion in the Commander 2014 box sets.

drchia on
  • Options
    big haircutbig haircut Registered User regular
    I would love a shot at the Leeroy Jenkins pin.

Prediction: There will be a new "type" of way to get a pin this year. Other than trading, buying, playing a game, or watching a demo/panel. Maybe a scavenger hunt? Similar to Pax XP?

Prediction: an Evolve Pin (maybe the footprint, maybe the 4:1 logo).

• Options
    edited July 2014
    drchia wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there won't be another Garruk half from WotC. The 'half Garruk' look matches all of the other media they've released for M15. I do however think that they'll have a pin based on a planeswalker that will be in the Khans of Tarkir set, which releases a few short weeks after Prime. Either that or a Teferi pin to advertise his inclusion in the Commander 2014 box sets.
    This was confirmed at SDCC too, when i was talking to the guys at the booth. It sounded like it would be more in the m15 B/G style, evil Garruk. But be the other half.

timebeing on
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular

Hmmm, I might have to up my pin budget to $60 for this calendar year then.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hingo wrote: »

Frostbyte on
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    Hingo wrote: »

<3

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    ya.. you forgot a "0" on the end of that number lol

• Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    Vaanrose wrote: »

That suggestion sounds familiar...

Can't let the dream die.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    One big question: when do you think we will see the preview of the Prime Pins? A week before? Two weeks? Three?

• Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Well, they showed us the PAX East set over a month in advance.

PAX East Set - 3/6 (36 days)
    10th Anniversary - 3/10 (32 days)
    Merch 2014 - 3/26 (16 days)
    Broodax Gabe + Helmet Tycho - 4/2 (9 days)
    Checklist - 4/4 (7 days)

• Options
    just about a month before prime now, announcements shouldnt be too long!

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Imagine if they just didn't say anything and we just had to figure it out...

• Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Technically we were already previewed one Prime pin, Hipster Kemper. He was previewed 84 days before Pax even (June 6th).

Anywho the real previews should be coming around soon, everyone just got back from SDCC, and I bet the staff are feeling the familiar rush of a billion things to do before Pax. Wouldn't be surprised if they are getting the details finalized on mailing out badges and figuring out the best way to distribute the Club PA badges right now, but thats just a guess.

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    Also, since the new Blizzard pins, a heroes of the storm pin/set is less likely since they are basically doing that themselves.

I want to see some VR/oculus rift love, perhaps a set of two, gabe and tycho heads wearing them. Tycho could have an evil grin as hes acting out one of his fantasies, gabe could be drooling after a sensory overload

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

I would actually enjoy that, if they provided silhouettes of the Pins to work from.

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »

I would actually enjoy that, if they provided silhouettes of the Pins to work from.

Nooooooooooooo! Lol. That would be a nightmare.

• Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    I would guess 2.5 weeks pre-pax for the full showing of what will be there.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    No. Way. In. Hell... I would go absolutely insane trying to find out what they look like. Where to find them is hard enough. Again, pinnies are great, i LOVE collecting and trading, meeting and talking to new people. But i don't want this to feel like a job i have to do while in trying to enjoy myself.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Diffusion wrote: »
    Technically we were already previewed one Prime pin, Hipster Kemper. He was previewed 84 days before Pax even (June 6th).

Anywho the real previews should be coming around soon, everyone just got back from SDCC, and I bet the staff are feeling the familiar rush of a billion things to do before Pax. Wouldn't be surprised if they are getting the details finalized on mailing out badges and figuring out the best way to distribute the Club PA badges right now, but thats just a guess.

They already said the Club PA badges would be will-call only at the Convention Center. Nothing to mail out, your name is on the list and you go pick it up. Simple.

• Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    gacbmmml wrote: »
    They already said the Club PA badges would be will-call only at the Convention Center. Nothing to mail out, your name is on the list and you go pick it up. Simple.

Ya got that email today right after the badge resale, and didn't read enough to see if it was previously announced or not. Still the waiting game now continues, and the squirrels continue to conquer.

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    Wait, what are you's talking about? Pick up what pin and what email?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Don't worry, it has nothing to do with pins... though I wish it did.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Club PA badge?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    not pin related.