As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Won a Pair of PAX 2014 Tickets during PAX 2013. Need Help

FalcawnFalcawn Registered User new member
So title basically says it all. My friend and I both were some of the winners of the Mountain Dew Auction or w/e Pairs of PAX Prime 2014 passes which we won in 2013 from going around and scanning all the codes. Anyways I'm trying to figure out if everything is going all smoothly and I should expect my tickets in the mail in time for the convention. I have been emailing the person I was told to originally email about the tickets back in 2013 but with no response over a period of a month. I would like to be able to purchase a hotel and plane ticket before It gets any later and would really like some help. If an Admin or w/e from the site here would be able to contact me I can prove I won the tickets and hopefully get some help or some questions answered. Thank you.

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    Maybe try emailing pax_questions@paxsite.com ? I mean, I know it's not a contest via PAX but they might know someone who can get back to you.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think any of the forum staff can help you, since you mentioned contacting an admin. I agree with emailing pax questions, but I don't know what if anything pax had to do with the promotion. I think it was run entirely by mountain dew, which would mean that you need to contact someone there.

• Options
    The person that I talked to at the end of 2013 was @reedexpo

• Options
    Gotcha, well then contacting someone at reed expo sounds like a good plan. paxquestions@reedexpo.com

• Options
    Ill try contacting a few more people from there then. Thanks for the input Zerzhul.

• Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    We won a *bunch* of the XBox One's - all of our prizes were delivered to us by Pepsi Co. I'd imagine that's where your badges will be shipped from.

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Since your question has been answered, I'd just like to voice that the every2minutes "contest" was absurd. Sure, the possibility of Prime 2014 badges was super exciting after the big sell-out of 2013, but the whole promotion was so obnoxious and distracting from the other parts of PAX that it really bothered me in the long run. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again this year.

But hey, a definite congratulations on your free badges. I hope it all gets sorted out.

• Options
    Aardvark VulgarAardvark Vulgar Registered User regular
    What was wrong with the contest? I never got involved since my phone at the time couldn't read the codes but it did seem interesting.

70xnyzr.png
  • Options
    XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    I was watching the bidding processing from afar (outside at the merch booth) and it looked..... interesting, lol.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I won an xboxone during the contest and it was very hard to get answers or even a confirmation from anyone after Pax (one person even told me I hadn't won anything). Hope you get a response soon.
    I enjoyed the contest, but something on that scale needed to be coordinated better.
    Although, I was really glad to see the Queue room was actually somewhat used rather then going to waste like every other year.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    KelekinKelekin Registered User regular
    That was a terrible experience. Seriously. We got up and were in like at 5am because we enjoy scavenger-hunt type stuff. They lied about prize quantities, and then we waited patiently in the prize queue. The enforcers didn't care about not letting people skip ahead, and people kept forcefully moving ahead, or running ahead of others when the doors finally opened. Then when we -finally- got the opportunity to pick our prizes, even though we were ahead of others and should've had an opportunity for top prizes, my scan wouldn't go through, and they wouldn't do anything for me, even when people after me were getting the prize I wanted scanned. I was really pissed off. It was dumb, misleading, and a waste of time. If there is anything similar this year I'm just going to avoid it. Not worth it.

• Options
    oil_52oil_52 Registered User regular
    I had a blast doing the mountian dew scavanger hunt. i didnt have enough to win a xboxone. But overall the mountian dew party was a blast.. I did end up getting a moutain dew min fridge and a some tshirts. I also had a problem trying to find out when my fridge would arrive

• Options
    ThePimpImpThePimpImp Registered User regular
    My sister who mostly came for the trip (not I to gaming but is into Seattle shopping road trips) came to pax for 2 days to do this and snagged a pair of tickets. She really enjoyed it and it also let her fond some other things she enjoyed about pax. I know the email said to contact after tickets went on sale so your probably going to have a little more luck today and going forward. Good luck.

• Options
    kabutodudekabutodude Registered User regular
    I thought the scavenger hunt was a lot of fun, but the point distribution was poorly thought out. Everyone ended up sharing the non-limited QR codes creating a situation where too many people had enough points for the top prizes.

• Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    You should have been given a contact person at reedexpo and sent in your paperwork after pax 2013 to that person. I have emailed her several times and heard back fairly quickly but that was before tickets were available and now gone. She even promised to let us know right before/as tickets were going on sale so we got a hotel and promised us BYOC. Sadly we heard nothing when they went on sale not even after emailing on Wed after tickets were gone just to see what was up with BYOC.

As for the comments on the contest I think overall it was decent but the prize dist system needed more work as someone said it was too easy for people to cut etc. Luckily I got all I needed the first day before there were masses of people. The 2nd time I came back it was total insanity and I pretty much said forget this it's not worth it and saved it for the end.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    TriAce499TriAce499 Registered User new member
    Hey guys, Im having trouble getting confirmation that I will be getting my PAX Prime tickets for this year. Last year I won the the 2 three day passes for this year, but as the date gets closer, I'm am starting to get worried. I tried to ask via a tweet, but that is not getting me anywhere. Is there an email I can try? Any help would be appreciated.

• Options
    TriAce499 wrote: »
    Hey guys, Im having trouble getting confirmation that I will be getting my PAX Prime tickets for this year. Last year I won the the 2 three day passes for this year, but as the date gets closer, I'm am starting to get worried. I tried to ask via a tweet, but that is not getting me anywhere. Is there an email I can try? Any help would be appreciated.
    I merged your thread into an existing one about this same topic.

• Options
    the merge must have happened at the very same time as another poster had posted a reply, and that got lost somehow. Here it is:
    pogoplay wrote: »
    I'd give Pepsi a shout. Found on their website, you could email every2minutes@young-america.com or call 1-877-646-3721. The info is here: https://cu.pepsico.com/mtndew

• Options
    Yeah the silence from our contact at reedexpo is deafening.

vn6ID15.png

• Options
    Good news just as I was mailing the every2minutes people back our e2m contact at reed finally mailed back and said this.

"I’ll be sending out confirmations by end of next week. No worries! You won't get the actual tickets until 2 weeks prior to the show."

BTW the every2minutes people know nothing they pointed me at what the pax site says, 2 weeks before the show.

vn6ID15.png

• Options
    ThePimpImpThePimpImp Registered User regular
    We also got that email about this time. The one week timeline did not happen and we still havent received any info. I do have backup badges for my 2sisters who win these but those could be for my friends. Did anybody have any luck?

• Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    All the publicity they got, then they don't help you guys out with making sure you're getting your legit badges. That saddens me. You probably don't have much recourse, but are there any alternative contacts or can you keep contacting them (I know at work, I sometimes lose track of emails if they're not recent). It's the least they could do in return for their publicity, ensuring you're getting your rightfully won badges and that you know you are.

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Also it would prevent a post on joystiq and kotaku with the headline: "Microsoft, Doritos, and Mountain Dew stiff gamers"

RidleyDragon on
    PW0oFIs.png