As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pin budget for East

2»

• Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    Yeah... my budget was somewhat enormous, as I had to build up an inventory for my store... At least this time I didn't leave PAX with regrets for not buying more than 1 set of PAX East pins :wink:

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    :( Smiley fail right there ^

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    :( Smiley fail right there ^

Not your fault, coding is borked.

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    This thread makes me happy. I did a lot of budgeting and bought a good number of Behemoth pins. My new-pin friend who I was with was shocked at what I bought. But they dont know, man. Brain squirrels, man. Brain squirrels.

• gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Okay, now I'm just curious. How did the Behemoth machine work? Did it accept credit cards, cash only? Did you pay someone standing next to the machine and then pull a lever?

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    gacbmmml wrote: »
    Okay, now I'm just curious. How did the Behemoth machine work? Did it accept credit cards, cash only? Did you pay someone standing next to the machine and then pull a lever?

You have to buy tokens from a guy (cash only) and $10 gets you three tokens. You put the tokens in the machine, turn the crank and get a ball. Ball will contain a Pin.

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, on the first day there was a constant mob of attendees surrounding the machines. But over the weekend the crowd thinned out even though all the machines were still stocked with pins.

• gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Gotcha. Could you give the guy $100 and get lots of tokens at once then go to town, or was there a limit of $10 per person, then back to the end of the line?

You could buy as many tokens as you wanted, or that the exchange guy had on him (and he constantly restocks). A guy in front of me exchanged $150 at once.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    The machines were literally gashapon machines if you're familiar with Japanese toys at all, pretty much 3 coins for a pin in this case however. You would either pay credit at the Behemoth booth for coins, or cash to the dude by the machines for coins, depending on what you had.

I sunk so much money at East into these to get the rest of Series 1, as well as 2x of Series 2... I think I got lucky spending not much more than what I needed though between trading and whatnot.

Note: If you're on a budget, spend what you need and then trade right there, it will make your life so easy, because you'll always have what someone needs.

I don't know, I got to a point where I had everything except the pink knight. And nobody would trade that son of a bitch.

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    I wish this came out to Aus ;;

Gotcha. Could you give the guy $100 and get lots of tokens at once then go to town, or was there a limit of $10 per person, then back to the end of the line?

At Prime I got $200 worth in one, because collecting 3 full sets was a task. Best way to do it was have them empty the drawer of one machine and count $100 worth of tokens. Feed the machine, they empty the drawer back into your hands and you feed it again. Now the price has doubled and the target Pins halved, it is a lot easier to just get a few at a time.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular

You actually could buy them at the main counter with a credit card as well, which is how I did it when I also bought a shirt, etc.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png