As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

HOUSE OF THE DYING SUN | Formerly ENEMY STARFIGHTER | Early Access """June""" 7

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    q1mtMXT.png

Also, a bug in which a lot of systems are stacked on each other:

A6d2FYU.png

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    That blog post deserves a reading even if you aren't interest in this game.

It's about how he's designing the skyboxes (by hand) so you can easily locate yourself spatially after a heavy dogfight.

It goes into a lot of detail.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Every time Mike does a technical write up I end up waking up an hour later naked, covered in cooking oil, and feeling oddly ashamed yet good for some reason and fuck it happened again.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • WarthogWarthog Registered User new member
    Does anyone know if the double-barreled looking thing on the left side of the new cockpit is the auto-cannon (used to kill escape pods)? Or is that just some random bit of detail?

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    So much want.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    I think it is indeed the auto cannon.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Yay auto cannon! The existence of a "Target the escape pods, gentlemen," mechanic pleases me to no end. It really does.

<3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Yeah. One of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had was podding enemy pilots in Eve. It will be delicious in ES too, even if they aren't real people who can't send me hatemail.

Drake on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Yeah. One of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've ever had was podding enemy pilots in Eve. It will be delicious in ES too, even if they aren't real people who can't send me hatemail.

or can they

AnySkinnyBoilweevil.gif

wWuzwvJ.png
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Good thing I don't have any meetings this afternoon, because getting up from behind my desk right now is going to be problematic

5gsowHm.png
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Why am I not playing this game right now

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    The dev posted this over on another forum:
    Hey guys! Quick update:

All sorts of stuff has been worked on, but right now I'm focusing on gamepad controls for the tactical mode. This is super important to get right especially for VR, and my original way of doing it sucked. Everything is ordered around as a flight group now, not individuals. If this were a game like Nexus or even a pure RTS like Homeworld, I'd probably go the other way with it. Your targets can still be individual units (or subsystems), but you're just giving orders to a combat group.

Last Stand has spawned a new mode called The Wall, which is really rough at the moment but meant to be a nice quick fix of space combat and some of the tactical mechanics.

I am furiously trying to get this ready for Early Access, but I'm still not ready to say when that will be other than ASAP.

I am gonna be gifting the shit out of this game when it becomes available.

wWuzwvJ.png
    edited July 2014
    he streamin

edit: he done

TychoCelchuuu on
  • WarthogWarthog Registered User new member
    edited August 2014
    The new dev stream is still available here at the moment: http://www.twitch.tv/marauderinteractive/b/553228898

Warthog on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Has he hinted at system requirements?

• Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Probably not terribly high due to the chosen graphics style, unless there's something weird going on with effects.

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised to see this game hit consoles at some point considering it ain't exactly demanding in the graphics department. But it was always ours first. PC hooo!

"I see everything twice!"

Just a screenshot showing off the new United Federation decals on some ships (see if you can spot them - they're small):

tUGKpnl.png

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    That graphical style is shaping up real nicely. That is some clever use of light and shadow.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    Can I just say that I'm in love with how the macro game is designed and have wanted this sort of thing for years now?

Screenshot:

2uYE9EJ.png

Screenshot:

BuOhbcCIAAAyfzj.png:large

Screenshot with story:

BuTsUriCAAAwTbn.png:large

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    oh my goodness

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Whose picture is that?

EH28YFo.jpg
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I love how space games went from 'dead genre' to 'omg so much space wtf' in like a year.

Between Space Engineers, No Man's Sky, Enemy Starfighter, Star Citizen, and about half a dozen other games that are awesome but not at the tip of my tongue, 2014 is looking more & more like Year of the Massive Erection.

With Love and Courage
    Taranis wrote: »
    Whose picture is that?
    That's John Kreese, a bad guy from Karate Kid played by Martin Kove.

I thought it was Nathon Fillon in the tweet.

edited August 2014
    I thought it was Nathon Fillon in the tweet.
    Yeah it looked like him to me too. Then I zoomed in on my phone and thought it looked like David Hasselhoff...

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
    The tweet has the hashtag #sweeptheleg in there. That's pretty unambiguous if you've seen the movie and at least rules out some other people if you haven't.

The tweet has the hashtag #sweeptheleg in there. That's pretty unambiguous if you've seen the movie and at least rules out some other people if you haven't.

That's a David Hasselhoff song right?

EH28YFo.jpg
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    COBRA KAI

wWuzwvJ.png
  • GlocjtGlocjt catstronaut in spaaace.Registered User regular
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Glocjt wrote: »

help

i am out of cups

5gsowHm.png